Transfer from London Heathrow to Southampton England

orlandodolly

Not sure, but someone will have the answer. Are you using a Celebrity hotel for the night? That would make it more likely. If you arranged your own hotel and can use a Celebrity shuttle, make sure that they'll take you directly to the hotel you've chosen. If they do not offer the shuttle, (or even if they do) take a look at Smiths for Airports. We had a private very nice car with a driver (sounded & looked like Michael Caine!) waiting for us at baggage claim, excellent service, all for about $90 for the 2 of us. It was very easy to arrange online. That price is probably competitive with Celebrity's transfer service and offers a stress-free great start to your trip.

Edited by Kartgv

We will be arriving one day before our cruise out of Southampton. Does Celebrity have transfers from London Heathrow to Southampton not on cruise day.

There is national express coaches which will take you from Heathrow to Southampton coach station for around £15 each and it's a short taxi ride to the port maybe £10 at the most hope this helps. The coaches are pretty regular too. carol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Took the National Express coach. My biggest problem with it was the waiting room at Heathrow is outdoors. It was about 40 degrees and I allowed plenty of time for us to collect luggage etc when booking coach time. Didn't want to wait 2 hrs for our time so paid extra to upgrade to the next bus in 30 minutes.

All in all I would do a private car service next time.

We have done the national coach and private car; both have their pros and cons. Coach: very cheap, but takes longer, pick up at airport, other stops

Private car: wonderful and gets you there faster; much more comfortable, but pricy

Staying one day is perfect, as there really isn't a lot to do. The terminal is good!

There is also the train...good luck!

Edited by Lastdance

Took the National Express coach. My biggest problem with it was the waiting room at Heathrow is outdoors. It was about 40 degrees and I allowed plenty of time for us to collect luggage etc when booking coach time. Didn't want to wait 2 hrs for our time so paid extra to upgrade to the next bus in 30 minutes.

We were in a big waiting room indoors with lots of seating and there were bathrooms available and a small snack place where we bought coffee. Maybe it depends on which terminal you arrive in? Anyway, we found it very easy and so much cheaper than the car service. We also took it back to Heathrow when the cruise was over and we walked there from the pier. It was about a 15 or 20 minute walk maybe.

Costs a lot more around £130.00 compared to £40.00 for coach.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have taken the National Express about 4 times and we wouldn't go any other way. Twice, we paid £5 each from Victoria Station. It is more from Heathrow but still very cheap compared to other ways. We lined up inside, so didn't have to bother about the weather. Got the front seat, and had a lovely view all the way to Southampton. In our case, we only had one stop and that was at Southampton University. We paid about £3 + tip for the taxi from the depot to our hotel.

I also agree that National Express is probably the way to go even if X offers a shuttle the day before. Check out their website for times and cost.

Another option, depending on what you will be doing and how comfortable you would be driving in the UK is to rent a car. I looked at Hertz with a random date in July and the cost per day was 40 pounds. Would give you flexibility to tour around on your way to Southampton.

We used International Friends (tours for overseas friends to Britain). They picked us up at our hotel at Heathrow, then a tour of Stonehenge, and on to Southampton. It was a great transfer. It gets good reviews on Trip Advisor.

On a couple of things, your health/mobility, If both are good the National Express is great but, as mentioned above, is slower. The SH bus thermal is just a short walk to several hotels that are in the same parking lot, here are a couple of them, two Ibis a cheap one and yes a little better one and a sister upper scale hotel next to it.

You can if you are mobile walk and drag your luggage to the cruise port.

We will be arriving one day before our cruise out of Southampton. Does Celebrity have transfers from London Heathrow to Southampton not on cruise day.
If you're arriving the day before your cruise starts, you're likely to be better off going to central London for one night and then making your own way to Southampton. There's much more to see and do in London than in either Southampton or near Heathrow, and getting from central London to Southampton is easy, quick and reliable, with multiple methods of doing it.

We stayed at the Sofitel at LHR and walked to the bus terminal at the airport. At that time, there was another bus company operating that offered either a tour of Windsor or Stonehenge or direct transfer to the cruise port. We chose this because it eliminated another transfer in Southampton while National Express required you to take a taxi from the bus station to the port. I don't know if it is still offered.

We used International Friends (tours for overseas friends to Britain). They picked us up at our hotel at Heathrow, then a tour of Stonehenge, and on to Southampton. It was a great transfer. It gets good reviews on Trip Advisor.

I second that! I did a tour to Stonehenge, Salisbury Cathedral and Windsor with a hotel drop off that was right near LHR. Fantastic tour and a great way to see some fantastic sights!