Update of Diamond & Diamond + Perks???

Papa T

I guess that saves the people lining up at guest services complaining that they were shorted by 5 or 10 minutes.:D

Right, let's start a thread about some D going to GS to complain about getting shorted on a free perk.:eek::rolleyes:

Just watching from afar... ready to drive to Ft Lauderdale.

I really don't think I took the thread to off topic.

Honestly, the more Diamonds and Diamond+, as well as PC, the more perks will evaporate. When the balance becomes top heavy Royal needs to make changes. Have seen the same thing in many other programs. Always good to get on the front end so you may enjoy those perks before they are reduced to accommodate growing numbers.

Peace and love...

• 3 weeks later...
One reason that people don't get upgraded might be that the ship is sailing full! Can't move you to a cabin that's already occupied.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry, doesn't fly. I have seen lower level C&A in the category cabin as I had get upgraded. It's all here on CC, you just have to open your eyes. BTW, we are PC and have never been upgraded. Ever. In spite of what Millie says, Revenue gets almost all of the upgrades first. And they have no problem upgrading a first time cruiser.

I said "might" be the reason. There are obviously times when cabins such as suites are completely booked, so that being the case, a person in a balcony could not possibly be upgraded to a suite. It's just a hypothesis. I've seen them raffle off ( in bingo) empty suites as well.

I said "might" be the reason. There are obviously times when cabins such as suites are completely booked, so that being the case, a person in a balcony could not possibly be upgraded to a suite. It's just a hypothesis. I've seen them raffle off ( in bingo) empty suites as well.

Booked a balcony and just upgraded to Royal Family suite on Ovation yes first after many cruises but very very happy.

Sorry, doesn't fly. I have seen lower level C&A in the category cabin as I had get upgraded. It's all here on CC, you just have to open your eyes. BTW, we are PC and have never been upgraded. Ever. In spite of what Millie says, Revenue gets almost all of the upgrades first. And they have no problem upgrading a first time cruiser.

Of course if it was posted here it was fact. [emoji23]

Looking over the list of Benefits which I believe Bob posted the link to I see "Entertainment Tour" for Diamond and "Behind the Scenes" tour for D+. Since we have been Diamond for many years and never were invited to an "Entertainment Tour" except when we paid for one a few years back should we expect the same regarding the Behind the Scenes tour now that we are D+?

We do appreciate the benefits that Royal offers and while the product has changed and continues to change we feel it represents a good value for our vacation dollar.

Yes, we have been offered a tour on every cruise since turning D+. Might depend on length of cruise and other ship-related factors though. Talk to the concierge if you aren't offered one upon going to your room.

Looking over the list of Benefits which I believe Bob posted the link to I see "Entertainment Tour" for Diamond and "Behind the Scenes" tour for D+. Since we have been Diamond for many years and never were invited to an "Entertainment Tour" except when we paid for one a few years back should we expect the same regarding the Behind the Scenes tour now that we are D+?

We do appreciate the benefits that Royal offers and while the product has changed and continues to change we feel it represents a good value for our vacation dollar.

We receive a card each cruise with a list of tours available. We can check off which tour we want, and return that to the Loyalty Ambassador.

I'm pretty sure the suites they raffle off in bingo are those that either the people didn't show or cancelled last minute so the cabin is already paid for but too late to rebook so they offer it up as a prize so it's not sitting empty. Plus it's good PR for the line and gives people a taste of what they can book in the future.

We receive a card each cruise with a list of tours available. We can check off which tour we want, and return that to the Loyalty Ambassador.

We always get a card with the offer of three tours: entertainment/theater, galley and bridge. We pretty much only ask for the bridge tour, but you can check all three.

Yes, we have been offered a tour on every cruise since turning D+. Might depend on length of cruise and other ship-related factors though. Talk to the concierge if you aren't offered one upon going to your room.

Well that is interesting for sure. I guess I will see in May and if not notified drop by the Loyalty Embassador. We love the tours. Always interesting to see different ships and how they operate.

Thanks to both of you for the feedback.

Last cruise we were on there were so many D+ that the tours were only offered to the 350+ points community. We have enjoyed the tours but I would say given that, whether you are offered depends on the cruise. On that cruise, we asked and were told the plan but we wanted the galley tour not the bridge and, because we asked, we were able to have the tour. The bridge tour is always busy. That said, married to a former naval officer, after the first one or two, it's not new and he's the one most interested so we are less anxious about the opportunity.

I think that once you've had the chance, it becomes most interesting if you change ship size/class. Bridge tours today, they check your security clearance so all names must be provided in advance and there are no substitutes allowed.

We were told by one couple prior to the cruise that we had to cruise on X because it was "so upscale" in comparison. Nope, not at all. Service and quality were no better than any of the other cruises we've ever taken (21). The "freebies" aren't really free and never are on any line. The one thing we liked and the reason we booked was the 7 day itinerary to Bermuda. We actually met two couples onboard who later cruised with us on GR in Oct and we all agreed. We don't get where some say X is so superior. X also has more limited departure ports. If they came back to Baltimore, we might cruise them again, but if we're going to NJ, we're going to go on Anthem, not Summit. And, FLL just has too many other options.

Anyway, this is just our opinion and we feel the recommendation by DH's coworker was overblown.

As for internet costs, Carnival by far has the best and least expensive internet ever. It's the only time we've ever bought a full package. We paid like $50 for 8 nights for 2(either 2 or 3) devices. We do use our 48 hours on RCI in a very specific way. We spread it out. For example, our upcoming cruise on GR is a southeast coast, so one sea day, then Charleston, Miami, PC, CocoCay and Nassau , then two sea days. No need to use the minutes in Charleston, Miami, or PC, so if we skip the first sea day, we can use our phones in the three US ports and use our free minutes the last 4 days. Usually what we do is spread it out so we have internet access every 2 days or so. Our last trip on GR was 12 nights.

I agree. Don't understand why X has a reputation of being more upscale. Our last 2 cruises have been a 14 night on X and an 8 night on Carnival. We noticed no difference in service, food, elegance, etc. actually Carnival had better food than the Eclipse. Comparing X to a premium line is ridiculous

I'm pretty sure the suites they raffle off in bingo are those that either the people didn't show or cancelled last minute so the cabin is already paid for but too late to rebook so they offer it up as a prize so it's not sitting empty. Plus it's good PR for the line and gives people a taste of what they can book in the future.

It can be lousy PR for the cabin next door when the excited new occupants of the RS are allowed to move in around midnight of the first night. :mad::mad::mad:

It can be lousy PR for the cabin next door when the excited new occupants of the RS are allowed to move in around midnight of the first night. :mad::mad::mad:

What are you doing in your cabin at midnight?;)

Seriously though, that's too late to be moving stuff in and around a cabin.