FYI, No more mini bar/fridge

Just a note....if you keep the cabinet door ajar (yes..the fridge is in a cabinet)...it will cool much better. Fridges need air-flow...so if you can stick a sock or washcloth over the top of the cabinet door, it will provide enough air to the fridge to actually work! (and, make sure it's turned on!)

I like your advice to "stick a sock in it"!

Bill

RCI has not been stocking the mini fridge for a while now - at least for our last three cruises. But it was turned on and operating when we arrived and was usable to keep wine and other beverages chilled.

Some people have reported that although the fridge is empty it hasn't stopped some people from being charged for missing items from the mini fridge after the return home from the cruise.

Bill

Some people have reported that although the fridge is empty it hasn't stopped some people from being charged for missing items from the mini fridge after the return home from the cruise.

Bill

Royal still leaves 2 water bottles in the cabin on the counter, that is thing guests have been getting charged for. Some say they were charged even if they didn't drink it.

We just returned from Navigator. We had a charge for $9.49 from the dining room on the first cruise. (we never entered the dining room) It was probably a handwritten transcription error. I will have to call.

For the second cruise.....I now see that we have a pending charge of $12.37 on the CC. Hmmmm. Which I am guessing, as many others have posted, that it is for the 2 large counter bottles of Evian water. Which were still on the counter when we disembarked.

We had plenty of small bottled waters onboard.

I actually haven't had to call about fraudulent charges before...but I agree with everyone else, this seems to be an issue.

The Florida Attorney General loves to go after the cruise lines for fraudulent charges; and it wouldn't be the first time.

The Florida Attorney General loves to go after the cruise lines for fraudulent charges; and it wouldn't be the first time.

Because of the frequency of the bogus charges, someone really should look into it. Unauthorized use of a CC is illegal. Petty theft x1, but x by the thousands of pax this is happening to, and you've got a megamoneymaking scheme! Plus, it makes RCI look completely low class.

wow guess it best to stop off at guest services couple times check your BILL, and esp on the last night/day dispute it there, happened to me on Princess cruise got charged for something I did not.....they took care of it

This is happening after the cruise. Several people have reported clearing their on board accounts and leaving the ship with a $0 balance, then seeing the charges appear several days later. Best to keep an eye on the credit card for a couple of weeks post cruise. RCCI will refund the charges but you have to call to get them removed.

Bill

That just happened to us. We got off the BR Thursday and got emailed a copy of our SeaPass bill and on it was a charge for 1 bottle of water. Never had the problem when the fridge was full:) Just spoke to someone this morning and they will issue credit.

We are on the Liberty now. The fridge in our room works great, and it's been full with diet cokes and Pelligrino (C&A gifts, etc.) all week.

I sometimes wonder if the cabin cleaners take the bottles of water off the shelves. They are other crew members who come in to help on turnaround day.

I have instant alerts on all our credit cards, so I'm alerted the second the charge hits my card. I call and tell the bank it's a merchant error, but NOT a compromised credit card. I don't want the card replaced.

I hope we don't run into a cabin with a turned off refrigerator/cooler. we use them for my wife's insulin. The less pleasing alternative is a bucket filled with ice.

I keep insulin in there too. I always make sure the mini fridge is on and I had the bottles of Evian in there when I embarked. I drank them and even ordered more Evian and some Diet Coke in case I wanted one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

With so many members of CC being charged post cruise for the water bottles, is there a way to have the Cabin Steward remove them on day one and note it for your Sea Pass? That way there would be no way an inventory of your cabin would erroneously charge you for the offending Evian bottles. I guess it is not that big of a deal to spend ten minutes to get the charges reversed but I seriously hate this whole thing. So far the experience has been pretty seamless in terms of my online interactions and charges have been correct all around. Just wondering if a preemptive strike is possible.

Cruise Newbie.

One way to get around it, I've read, is to have a cash account and not give them your credit card. I usually settle the account on the last night with cash anyway so it doesn't make a difference to me.

You can get a medical refrigerator by requesting it from special_needs@rccl.com.

I am supposed to keep my thyroid medicine refrigerated. Are the medical refrigerators small and in addition to the normal 'coolers' or do they just replace the "cooler" with a fridge the same size?

Thanks for any experience :)

I am supposed to keep my thyroid medicine refrigerated. Are the medical refrigerators small and in addition to the normal 'coolers' or do they just replace the "cooler" with a fridge the same size?

Thanks for any experience :)

The medical fridges are in addition to the regular fridge. Can't speak to the size.