Spectrum of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Interesting that the helipad says winch only.  Is that standard for Quantum Class or just Spectrum?  Does that mean that there is no where for a helicopter to land if that was truly necessary (although I'm not sure what situation would require that)?

That´s standard to all newer cruise ships. The modern rescue helis are way to heavy nad big to land on a cruise ship. And it would be too dangerous. Med evacs are always done by winching the person up into the helicopter.

steamboats

3 hours ago, steamboats said:

That´s standard to all newer cruise ships. The modern rescue helis are way to heavy nad big to land on a cruise ship. And it would be too dangerous. Med evacs are always done by winching the person up into the helicopter.

Thanks!

Edited by bobmacliberty

4 hours ago, steamboats said:

steamboats

How low do they get? We had one off Oman at night and it dropped below the sight line of the upper deck.  Mariner repo.

Lloyd555

Hey buddy! Did you intend to send me this image along with the Meyer Werft press photos that I had not seen?!

And are they 'supposedly' (as you like to say) what I think they are?

[I put the top secret stamps on them in case they are. :classic_biggrin:]

I don't know if you're waiting for the first photos of the actual mascots on the ship to appear on social media, but we all know this will end up posted somewhere at some point. Someone has already seen them on the site this image came from anyhow. 

Nothing like a Friday afternoon to post it!

pandas.jpg

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, lighthousemom said:

never mind....

33 minutes ago, Tough as Leather said:

Lloyd555

Hey buddy! Did you intend to send me this image along with the Meyer Werft press photos that I had not seen?!

And are they 'supposedly' (as you like to say) what I think they are?

[I put the top secret stamps on them in case they are. :classic_biggrin:]

I don't know if you're waiting for the first photos of the actual mascots on the ship to appear on social media, but we all know this will end up posted somewhere at some point. Someone has already seen them on the site this image came from anyhow. 

Nothing like a Friday afternoon to post it!

pandas.jpg

26 minutes ago, lighthousemom said:

never mind....

Big sigh.

Um. Ever heard of private messaging?! 

Oh well. There they 'possibly' are. I'm  not committing to saying for sure until I see the whites of their eyes! 

They'll likely be installed when the ship gets back from its 5-6 day sea trials... unless they've already been loaded on the ship if they're small ( they're all baby pandas?)!

I guess that an ultra-class ship calls for ultra-class mascots. And no, they're apparently not all going in one spot by the SeaPlex. Expect to see them in a few spots on the top deck from what I read.

Jo Smith the UK artist responsible for Ovation's pandas apparently designed these.

So let's wait to see what eventually gets hoisted up on deck...

lighthousemom???

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

Big sigh.

Um. Ever heard of private messaging?! 

Oh well. There they 'possibly' are. I'm  not committing to saying for sure until I see the whites of their eyes! 

They'll likely be installed when the ship gets back from its 5-6 day sea trials... unless they've already been loaded on the ship if they're small ( they're all baby pandas?)!

I guess that an ultra-class ship calls for ultra-class mascots. And no, they're apparently not all going in one spot by the SeaPlex. Expect to see them in a few spots on the top deck from what I read.

Jo Smith the UK artist responsible for Ovation's pandas apparently designed these.

So let's wait to see what eventually gets hoisted up on deck...

lighthousemom???

I started posting something about knowing it must be pandas, and then realized there are already pandas on Ovation. So it couldn't be....guess I was wrong!

So happy there will be lots of little pandas. One can never have too many pandas! 🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼🐼

55557238_10220707638467046_5577010906392428544_n.jpg

55505678_10220707638187039_5876533395810418688_n.jpg

55500805_10220707637187014_8487993019243429888_n.jpg

55933661_10220707636827005_2633061560880201728_n.jpg

55776224_10220707635466971_4635715415555702784_n.jpg

Vintages

55516225_10220707635706977_7439880931545972736_n.jpg

Chops Grille

55865344_10220707625706727_5128770793483796480_n.jpg

55829629_10220707625466721_7642041434396164096_n.jpg

Running track detour. ↩️🚧

running track behind pool area.jpg

Views from the North Star.

Ivan Vidan 2.jpg

Ivan Vidan 1.jpg

viento.de.mar 7.png

viento.de.mar 6.png

yitzhakcanete 1.JPG

Aft elevator atrium.

mondsky 3.jpg

mondsky 2.jpg

No mascot(s) yet by the SeaPlex.

Prince Awan 4.jpg

Prince Awan 2.jpg

Prince Awan 1.jpg

József Erdődi 3.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

No sarcasm, just curious to judge how long it takes to button it up

First revenue cruise is 18 April Barcelona to Dubai. Suspect there will be a TA/ media famile on 16 April from Malaga based on the port schedule for Malaga (NOTE NOT ADVISED OR CONFIRMED BY ROYAL - purely speculation!!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Miamia65 said:

First revenue cruise is 18 April Barcelona to Dubai.Suspect there will be a TA/ media famile on 16 April from Malaga based on the port schedule for Malaga (NOTE NOT ADVISED OR CONFIRMED BY ROYAL - purely speculation!!)

I fear this will stay a speculation. Nothing so far...

steamboats

• Like 2

On 4/2/2019 at 2:35 AM, steamboats said:

I fear this will stay a speculation. Nothing so far...

steamboats

1000 Meyer Werft staff will board Spectrum in Bremerhaven and cruise to Malaga for a 4 night shake down cruise.  The staff were selected from MW via a raffle. Royal Caribbean will cover the cost including return flights to Germany for the MW staff.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Miamia65 said:

1000 Meyer Werft staff will board Spectrum in Bremerhaven and cruise to Malaga for a 4 night shake down cruise.  The staff were selected from MW via a raffle. Royal Caribbean will cover the cost including return flights to Germany for the MW staff.

But still no 2 nighter out of Malaga for media/TA.

steamboats

1 hour ago, steamboats said:

But still no 2 nighter out of Malaga for media/TA.

steamboats

Probably a good idea. Do the media when it gets to home market.  More chance of everything working.