What's the absolute LATEST u can stay on the ship when disembarking?

Pier290

Once again, this program is not offered in the US and poster who enquired is sailing into Fort Lauderdale.

The extended stay program is only offered on certain European sailings.

Correct :D, only in Europe on select sailings. As Jim stated above, it's probably because of the difference in immigration procedures. We've waiting in the queue for over 1.5hrs at FL disembarking :eek:.

The Budget car rental store is very close to the port and they offer a shuttle bus. It may be less expensive to rent a car for the day for the family - you can do whatever you wish then. It's easy dropping the car back at the airport too :).

We have a very LATE flight back home. How long will they let you stay on board? ? Looking to at least grab breakfast and feed the kids.

We have a late flight home....lots of time to waste. ....WITH 2 KIDS. lol

I called Celebrity to ask but AS USUAL I get conflicting answers! !!! UGHHH I've been told 10am, 9am, been told if we tell them on board we have a later flight they will let us stay on til noon, then someone said we hv to get off at 8am....ugh.

Anyone know??

Got off the Reflection at the port of Miami this past Saturday. The instructions delivered to our suite said we must be out of the cabin by 8:00 am and off the ship no later than 10:00 am.

We have a very LATE flight back home. How long will they let you stay on board? ? Looking to at least grab breakfast and feed the kids.

I called Celebrity to ask but AS USUAL I get conflicting answers! !!! UGHHH I've been told 10am, 9am, been told if we tell them on board we have a later flight they will let us stay on til noon, then someone said we hv to get off at 8am....ugh.

Anyone know??

Got off the Reflection at the port of Miami this past Saturday. The instructions delivered to our suite said we must be out of the cabin by 8:00 am and off the ship no later than 10:00 am.

Great info thx!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Anyone know??

Think about when you were waiting to board the ship. Were you not anxious to get on the ship and get your cruise vacation started? How would you have felt if you couldn't board because lots of people didn't get off? IMHO---get off, have a rental waiting, or grab a cab and relax at one of the hotels until it's time to leave for your flight. Good luck and enjoy!

My question was how late are we able to stay on board to grab breakfast....I know what my options are once we are off the ship. We will stay on board as long as we are able as the new passengers will be able to board regardless of when we get off the ship.

I really appreciated the advice about the Ft Lauderdale excursions...but don't appreciate the inferring that implies I'm being greedy or not thinking of new passengers coming aboard just because I asked about what time we had to get off the ship.

Unless u have an answer to my original question please myob. Many thx.

My question was how late are we able to stay on board to grab breakfast....I know what my options are once we are off the ship. We will stay on board as long as we are able as the new passengers will be able to board regardless of when we get off the ship.

At Port Everglades new passengers will NOT be able to board before every past passenger has exited the ship as the ship must be at zero before new boarding can begin. B2B passengers cannot begin procedure until the zero count.

As others have stated: you will be able to get breakfast before 8;00am. When all passengers must leave can vary depending on Customs and Immigration and port conditions. They sometimes rush debarkation because of an Coast Guard inspection. Generally 10:00 am is the latest you can debark from the ship.

At Port Everglades new passengers will NOT be able to board before every past passenger has exited the ship as the ship must be at zero before new boarding can begin.

As others have stated: you will be able to get breakfast before 8;00am. When all passengers must leave can vary depending on Customs and Immigration and port conditions. They sometimes rush debarkation because of an Coast Guard inspection. Generally 10:00 am is the latest you can debark from the ship.

Great!! Thank u!

The ship tour that includes the Everglades would be great fun for the family but if you have a really late flight, be aware that you'll be done and at the airport by 1:30 at the latest. I agree with the suggestions of renting a car but I suggest that you be sure to reserve one in advance because the availability at the cruise port location may be limited. Someone mentioned Budget. We've used Thrifty. They have a shuttle that picked us up and took us to the Port Everglades office where we rented a minivan. We spent the day in Ft. Lauderdale then returned it to the airport.

I really appreciated the advice about the Ft Lauderdale excursions...but don't appreciate the inferring that implies I'm being greedy or not thinking of new passengers coming aboard just because I asked about what time we had to get off the ship.

Unless u have an answer to my original question please myob. Many thx.

Not true.

DON

Sorry I have to agree with Pickels. Hanging around on board to suit oneself is being single minded and greedy. One has to be out of ones cabin by 8.00 am and allowed to hang around in public areas to allow for a seeming stress free disembarkation. That is why one is given an option of disembarkation times. Breakfast is available until 8.00 am and then one should be gone by 9.00, if for no other reason than to give the crew time to prepare for the new passengers.

Sorry I have to agree with Pickels. Hanging around on board to suit oneself is being single minded and greedy. One has to be out of ones cabin by 8.00 am and allowed to hang around in public areas to allow for a seeming stress free disembarkation. That is why one is given an option of disembarkation times. Breakfast is available until 8.00 am and then one should be gone by 9.00, if for no other reason than to give the crew time to prepare for the new passengers.

Thanks for your unnecessary opinion.

We had this same problem (minus the kids) when we arrived in Ft Lauderdale after our TA on Silhouette. We were told we absolutely had to be off by 9:45.

I will add that there was nothing to do though after the buffet closed for breakfast.

We had this same problem (minus the kids) when we arrived in Ft Lauderdale after our TA on Silhouette. We were told we absolutely had to be off by 9:45.

I will add that there was nothing to do though after the buffet closed for breakfast.

Ok. Thx for the info! I'll take 945...lol