Koningsdam

richwmn

Had an uneventful boarding on this beautiful ship. Boarding was delayed about 20 minutes because some in transit passengers didn't want to zero out.

I am in one of the larger "single" cabins. Will post pictures later to the site we can't talk about.

Rich

Had an uneventful boarding on this beautiful ship. Boarding was delayed about 20 minutes because some in transit passengers didn't want to zero out.

I am in one of the larger "single" cabins. Will post pictures later to the site we can't talk about.

Rich

They [staff] obviously ignored the email time sent to us. [No one sooner than noon]. I arrived about 11:40, and was in a very long security check line - that moved pretty quickly. When I got to check-in at right about noon, they were already calling #9, being a 4 star I was able to embark immediately. But if check-in really started at noon, they should have just started boarding. So much for following email instructions. Lesson learned.

Hope you have a great cruise.:)

I had thought I would never be tempted to sail on "the King" because of her size, but I'm beginning to think I may want to after all the good things that have been said about her.:cool:

Come join me in the fall!

They [staff] obviously ignored the email time sent to us. [No one sooner than noon]. I arrived about 11:40, and was in a very long security check line - that moved pretty quickly. When I got to check-in at right about noon, they were already calling #9, being a 4 star I was able to embark immediately. But if check-in really started at noon, they should have just started boarding. So much for following email instructions. Lesson learned.

Hi Carole, sorry you had problems. I checked with my traveling companions and neither they nor I received an email requesting that we arrive after noon.

We ended up arriving around 10:15 prepared to wait a bit, but checkin had already started and the 4* line was very short. The sign said boarding would begin at 11:30, but as noted was delayed about 20 minute from then, so it began around 11:40.

Hi Carole, sorry you had problems. I checked with my traveling companions and neither they nor I received an email requesting that we arrive after noon.

We ended up arriving around 10:15 prepared to wait a bit, but checkin had already started and the 4* line was very short. The sign said boarding would begin at 11:30, but as noted was delayed about 20 minute from then, so it began around 11:40.

I received this email on Jan 23. I wonder why I was singled out.

IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION:

We would like to provide you with important information regarding your sailing.

To enhance the check-in and boarding experience, we ask that guests arrive at

the terminal based on the following times. Guests who have booked a transfer or hotel package with Holland America will be provided a check-in time at the

airport or hotel.

12:00pm ? Deck 7 & Deck 8 (Schubert & Navigation)

12:45pm ? Deck 4 & Deck 5 (Beethoven & Gershwin)

1:30pm ? Deck 10 & Deck 11 (Panorama & Sun)

2:15pm ? Deck 1 & Deck 6 (Main & Mozart)

We invite our 4 and 5 Star Mariners, Pinnacle and Neptune Suite guests to arrive anytime between 12:00 P.M. and 3:00 P.M. Boarding will commence shortly

after check in. All guests must be onboard 1 hour prior to sailing. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Come join me in the fall!

Gee, I wish we could; it looks like a lovely cruise. We can't get away for that long, unfortunately - we have booked one week on the Rotterdam (Canada/New England) in October - from the sublime to the ridiculous?

I hope you enjoy the ship as much as we did!

Thanks Peter, I am having a great time as is the couple I brought along for their first HAL cruise.

Several crew member have mentioned having a good time last week. I think most enjoyed having your group aboard.

Thanks Peter, I am having a great time as is the couple I brought along for their first HAL cruise.

Several crew member have mentioned having a good time last week. I think most enjoyed having your group aboard.

We are a fun bunch! I am sure they are appreciating a slower pace this week. :)