Predicting a crash -- a website crash

cruisestitch

Knowing how "organized" X website is, I am predicting they would not be ready on March 13 for bookings.

They still have on their website transportation services listed that has been discontinued over a year ago. I don't trust their website.

I'm with Isabella! I don't trust that they will be ready.....but just in case they ARE.....I'm guessing (are we playing "Price is Right" rules?? ;))....1:18.

BUT I also think many will try using a TA site, but those will show that the cruise is not available!

Yes, as I mentioned on another thread, it will be an exciting and frustrating time for many...I am going out on a limb and say 2:02 for Celebrity's site. However, I still think it will show that all staterooms are already booked[emoji12]‼

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We think it will start to have problems much earlier in the day, when all the new information, itineraries, deck plans, photos (will there be any yet?), press releases, and prices are being loaded onto it, and when eager curiosity-seekers will check to see if anything is there yet. Our bet is 9:30 a.m.

Good question! I was thinking of the Celebrity site, but there could be enough posts on Cruise Critic to clog it up some, too.

What with the Edge release and all the 'Ports of Call' questions that are appearing on the main X board :confused:, can't see either of them making it to late in the afternoon of 13th ;).

Wonder if the press release will go ahead as scheduled, and then the website loading will follow up a few days later ;p?

Maybe they will release cabins by categories.....cutting down on those clicking or calling to book. I am thinking Cap Club Status is not going to help very much this time around....hope I am wrong.

"Here is the correct answer 4:35 PM for the Celebrity web site. March 13 is on a Monday and at 1:00 PM the majority of cruiser should be at work."

That might be true for most US and Canadian passengers but all our friends across the pond(s) wouldn't necessarily be at work at that moment. And our Hawaiian friends will be breakfasting, surfing the net, and searching, searching, searching for the perfect EDGE cabins??.

"Don't get all the hype It's not even going to start sailing until fall 2018." That's true, but itineraries for the other ships through spring of 2019 have already been announced and are being sold. There will be some customers who will be considering switching ships if they like what they see on Edge.

But if predict this site is more robust and proven stable on other cruise related hot release days - unlike the cruise companies www in question!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just to show how "exciting" this thread is, I am guessing the

" Edge" hype has passed. Not enough information to make an intelligent decision and high pricing will turn a lot of people off.

I don't think Celebrity is doing this the right way.

Not doing what the right way? How would you do things? :)