Checkin times by deck...

ajenali

Are they strict about the checkin times by deck? Will I be refused check in if I come earlier than the listed time?

There has been no reported enforcement of suggested check-in times for RC cruises out of US ports.

Not just the check in by deck, but we went on the Jewel on 2/11 and they sent a message that the previous cruise had an outbreak of norovirus and to not show up at the pier until at least 12:30, we showed up around 12:20 and there here hundreds already on the ship. We talked to some that didn't get the notice and showed up at 11:15 and got right on. They did not care about the notice of late boarding or the boarding by deck.

Are they strict about the checkin times by deck? Will I be refused check in if I come earlier than the listed time?

We received a similar email. It also states that if you are a C&A member you can check in at any time after check in has started.

My Sea Pass indicates 12:30. We will need to check out of our Fort Lauderdale Hotel by 11 and are 5 minutes away...so I am guessing no problem for a US Citizen to show up early????

I'd get to the terminal around 10:30am.

Is it different for example Barcelona? Thank you.

We've not had any restrictions at Barcelona. In fact, I believe you can board earlier because the local authorities do not require the ship to have a zero passenger count before starting boarding new passengers.

I have read that some cruises out of Australia had arrival times enforced.

I don't think that anyone at the pier has any interest in those boarding times, they are just a ploy to spread out boarding by delaying the arrival of some of the newbies.

My feeling has always been that embark day is DAY 1 of my cruise, and I don't intend to spend 2/3 of it ashore.

We've not had any restrictions at Barcelona. In fact, I believe you can board earlier because the local authorities do not require the ship to have a zero passenger count before starting boarding new passengers.

That's pretty much the case.

Last year when we sailed Allure out of Barcelona...we arrived at 9:30 and had no problem boarding at 10am.

Later this month, our SeaPass has us at 11am for boarding (Deck 8), and we'll get there about 10:30am.

We have yet to have any real delay in boarding on any cruise.

Wait so I'm going on INDY in a month. The embarkation notice is starting at 12:30pm. My flight arrives in FLL at 10:30am. Can I safely just go to Port Everglades and get on the ship without waiting? Curious to know if I should just hang out in Ft. Lauderdale and kill and hour. Thanks for your insights.

Wait so I'm going on INDY in a month. The embarkation notice is starting at 12:30pm. My flight arrives in FLL at 10:30am. Can I safely just go to Port Everglades and get on the ship without waiting? Curious to know if I should just hang out in Ft. Lauderdale and kill and hour. Thanks for your insights.

By the time you collect your luggage, grab a cab, make the short ride over to the pier, drop off your luggage and get in line you won't be that early. No biggie if your are. Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums