Squirrels on campus

GottaKnowWhen

A recent/ongoing thread about MDR dress code for pre-teen boys reminded me of a time long long ago and far away when I was in college. Big campus, lots of trees, big grassy areas, isolated from the surrounding town. Many dogs (pets) who went to class with their owners and/or just ran free during the day. The dog that lived in my fraternity house, Sheba, was obsessed with squirrels. All anybody had to do was to say that word and she would charge off to the nearest tree barking like mad.

So the OP meets someone on campus, asks about MDR dress code for squirrels. Sheba goes crazy, runs to the nearest tree. The OP gets a reasonable answer and goes on their way. Somebody else comes along, overhears the tail end of the conversation, volunteers that he knows all about squirrels even though his wife knows more about squirrels. Somebody else chimes in. Sheba and some of the other dogs are all over the place, barking up a storm every time someone says that word, and meanwhile the squirrels chatter away to one another about how Sheba and everyone else should be quiet because nobody should have answered the OP in the first place because it is none of their business...

Another quiet winter afternoon on the CC Celebrity campus.

Stan

So are you allowed to bring dogs into the MDR but not squirrels?

It depends on whether it is a service squirrel that performs a meaningful task to assist you, or is merely an emotional support squirrel. ;p

A recent/ongoing thread about MDR dress code for pre-teen boys reminded me of a time long long ago and far away when I was in college. Big campus, lots of trees, big grassy areas, isolated from the surrounding town. Many dogs (pets) who went to class with their owners and/or just ran free during the day. The dog that lived in my fraternity house, Sheba, was obsessed with squirrels. All anybody had to do was to say that word and she would charge off to the nearest tree barking like mad.

So the OP meets someone on campus, asks about MDR dress code for squirrels. Sheba goes crazy, runs to the nearest tree. The OP gets a reasonable answer and goes on their way. Somebody else comes along, overhears the tail end of the conversation, volunteers that he knows all about squirrels even though his wife knows more about squirrels. Somebody else chimes in. Sheba and some of the other dogs are all over the place, barking up a storm every time someone says that word, and meanwhile the squirrels chatter away to one another about how Sheba and everyone else should be quiet because nobody should have answered the OP in the first place because it is none of their business...

Another quiet winter afternoon on the CC Celebrity campus.

Stan

Darn, I was out all day and have just found this thread. Who are you anyway and what is the next cruise you are on (with the squirrel and the dog)? I want to be at your table, and guess what, I'm eating nuts right now, yes, right now! Nuts, the squirrel could have. I know about squirrels, they're all over the place here. I can pack nuts for the squirrel and I so love dogs. Do squirrels need to be on leash when they are on board? Would the elite squirrel be allowed to climb the Ficus (only from 5 - 7PM)?

Sorry OP, if I seem nuts (no offense to the squirrel) but I had a general anaesthetic 10 days ago and it seems to have affected my brain............................

Ah, but the OP is talking complete rubbish. I know because my DH and I are Elite+ and travel in suites so we were able to spend yesterday watching our squirrel and therefore I know about all squirrels. He ran up, down and round our apple tree for no reason whatsoever. Not a dog (or cat - but we do not want to introduce cats into the thread) in sight. It is always the same. Someone on board half hears someone say that it is dogs that cause this behaviour and, before you can say Celebrity, everyone starts to blame the dogs. Of course, it has been easier for our squirrel to get his nuts since the introduction of Luminae ...

A nutty thread :D - well it beats tips, dress code, Edge, Ports of Call and all the repetitive threads of late :*.

Does one obtain extra CC points that one could squirrel away?

Often difficult to separate FACTS from OPINIONS on this sight!

Squirrels have the right attitude to cruising....just enjoy your nuts and avoid the barking dogs!

BREAKING NEWS from CNN.....

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo. President and CEO Celebrity Cruises has established a sanctuary MDR for squirrels. Several squirrels have been spotted there wearing full length furs as the dress code requires. Stay tuned for developing news.

Just watch out for my service elephant, I don't want him stepping on your service squirrel....or fighting over the peaunts

So ridiculous! Everyone knows service elephants are only allowed in Luminae while service squirrels are in the OVC.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app