Muster Station location

nunuc2000

Edge will be a new class of ship and they can redesign areas that have been troublesome in the past. MC now a dedicated private lounge. It was originally designed as a public area on M and S class ships.

That may be the case, however that really has nothing to do with muster station location. Also, cruise ships as I'm sure you know are very deceiving. They deliberately schedule activities and design space so that it seems far less crowded than it really is. The 3 exceptions are embarkation, disembarkation, and muster drill. Then everyone is out in public space and it is packed. Muster stations of necessity are always throughout the public spaces. There is no "private" space based on class of cabin for the purpose of muster.

Not a fan of indoor muster stations. Two reasons to muster. Fire and sinking. I have no desire to be inside during any of these situations. As an aside, I could not believe the lack of courage by the so called men on the Concordia videos. There is no way that I would ever be fighting for space on a lifeboat with women, children and elderly struggling to get safely away.

Not a fan of indoor muster stations. Two reasons to muster. Fire and sinking. I have no desire to be inside during any of these situations. As an aside, I could not believe the lack of courage by the so called men on the Concordia videos. There is no way that I would ever be fighting for space on a lifeboat with women, children and elderly struggling to get safely away.

What happened on the Concordia was shameful.

As for having outdoor stations, I'm at a loss to determine where they'd be on a Celebrity ship. Top deck is obviously out of the question; the out door part of deck 5 could never hold every passenger on the ship simultaneously. And that about does it for outdoor muster station possibilities.

• Like 1

You may not realize this but muster stations on the Celebrity ships I've been on are an easy access to the life boats. There are back doors in some of the rooms or nearby that lead you outside. The boats are lowered down one deck where you will load.

Next time you sail on an S class, you'll notice all the muster stations are one deck below where the lifeboats are stored. We were in Murano near the window when a crew member opened the back door to let a breeze into the restaurant. That's when I realized how close we really were.

Right outside the theater are doors, on both sides, to the decks that access the boats.

If you are in the front, most likely your station will be the theatre, seating for almost all...

If you are aft you may be in the dining room.

Anywhere else the worst is the photo gallery, standing only except very few chairs.

Get there early but the crew treat this seriously: no food, beverages, electronic devices but many people ignore the rules, after all ships don't sink while you're in port let alone on a vacation...

If you are in the front, most likely your station will be the theatre, seating for almost all...

If you are aft you may be in the dining room.

Anywhere else the worst is the photo gallery, standing only except very few chairs.

Get there early but the crew treat this seriously: no food, beverages, electronic devices but many people ignore the rules, after all ships don't sink while you're in port let alone on a vacation...

Never once been in any of these spots. I've always been in a lounge. The past three years in the Rendezvous lounge.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I would like to know before boarding on 5-12-19 where our Muster Station is located.  Can anyone tell me where Muster Station 1 is on the Celebrity Summit?

16 hours ago, Bery said:

I would like to know before boarding on 5-12-19 where our Muster Station is located.  Can anyone tell me where Muster Station 1 is on the Celebrity Summit?

I have station 1 on Eclipse next week. And it is in the main dining room. I dont know if they are the same on the Summit though.

On 3/5/2017 at 7:47 PM, NoWhiners said:

We'll be on the Solstice in about 10 days. How do the assign the muster stations--by cabin category, grouped by deck, etc? We are on deck 6, nearly aft, in a 2C balcony.

Thanks

ML

When we had an aft cabin deck 8 on Reflection, our muster station was Tuscan Grille. Not a bad location.
We were on deck 9, forward on Silhouette and our muster station A2 was the theater balcony.

We like to head toward muster about 20 minutes before the drill is called so that we aren't stuck in a stairwell and we have a seat. Any of the crew members posted throughout the ship can direct you. 

No whiners, it’s Neither by cabin category Nor by deck. Muster stations are assigned so that cabins in the front of the ship have Muster Stations in the front , cabins in the rear have Muster stations aft, Midship cabins have midship muster stations

Edited by cruisestitch

On 3/6/2017 at 12:32 AM, Lois R said:

at least if you have a lounge as your station, you can sit down.

—- but then late comers who cannot find seats stand in front of you, so it’s impossible to watch the video.

On 3/12/2017 at 9:05 AM, nunuc2000 said:

We'll be on the Millennium, ocean view 3040...

My guess is Michael's Club or the Theatre.  Those are the areas closest to your location.

We were on Deck 3 but aft last year and we had Rendezvous Lounge as our Muster Station.  It was packed there too.  Lots of people standing along walls or sitting.

As others stated ... in most of the large public rooms.  Often where you can't see demonstrators or screens.  I think they do a poor job on an important and a too often neglected start to the cruise.