$7.95 Room Service Charge

I am wondering if this is a stragedy, they are sneaking on this charge that was stated it's a free service at booking. RCI will graciously refund those that push it with guest services. Last cruise we were over charged on drink DH dint want to waste our time to get it refunded

If someone really wants $7.95 off their bill, they can take it out elsewhere without having to push for it. Right or wrong, just saying.

I wouldn't consider getting a bill corrected for being overcharged a waste of time though. I consider that the same as getting it corrected when phantom minibar charges appear. It's separate from the RS charge thing though, IMO.

If someone really wants $7.95 off their bill, they can take it out elsewhere without having to push for it. Right or wrong, just saying.

I wouldn't consider getting a bill corrected for being overcharged a waste of time though. I consider that the same as getting it corrected when phantom minibar charges appear. It's separate from the RS charge thing though, IMO.

It is definitely not a waste of time. If you do not contest it is just free money for the cruise line. It's like insurance companies. They will deny your claim for any reason, including some that are completely bogus, just to see if you contest. Once you contest, they give way easily as they know they were wrong, but were just seeing if you were willing to contest or not.

I always contest incorrect charges. On my last cruise, I was charged a coke that was supposed to be during the Diamond Hour, but they ran my card at 8:04, which was 4 minutes past. The Guest Rep told me that I was too late. I argued with him vehemently that I was definitely within the time limit b/c I ordered two diet cokes, with two different cards that I gave the bar tender AT THE SAME TIME, and we normally give them a 10 minute leeway just to make sure. My card was fine, and did not have a diet coke charged, but my wife's card was hit with a charge. He kept arguing with me that I was too late. I could not believe they were arguing with me over $3.00. Eventually he did refund, after I kept explaining, that they had to have forgot to have run it, and ran it late as there were not two charges, and I ordered two diet cokes at the same time, one of which they applied a Diamond voucher for.

Yes the all inclusive part of cruising is going away but I can remember back in 2004 the 1st time we went on a Voyager class ship, we paid $549 for a promenade stateroom in October. Guess what, 13 years later I can still find a pr stateroom for $549. Do you remember what a gallon of gas cost back then? Maybe milk? Ya they are adding on some charges we were not accustomed too, but cruise pricing as a whole has not inflated very much, if at all.

To be fair though as late as 2003 RCCL was still cranking out Voyager class ships as the latest and greatest vessels out there so I'm not sure the comparison is a good one since today in this fast moving industry they're (amazingly) considered "old" by many cruisers.

There are quite a few things that make it hard to do an apples-to-apples comparison. If there is any tech at play in these vessels, for example, consider that, a 42" LCD TV in 2004 was around $4500 and you could buy one this last Christmas for $300 or so.

First thing I thought of in conjunction with reading this thread - someone pi$$ed off about this will order some huge order of food they'll never finish just to show em...:( or get their moneys worth.

Haha, that's exactly what I'm planning on doing... only I'm gonna store the food away for later so I only have to call room service once per day.

Have there been any threads asking about microwave availability in cabin?;p

I've had a small microwave on every cruise, however it never seems to heat anything. I end up storing our passports there.

I want to know more from CaptainBazinga. Post 669 effective December 9 2017 Page 34

Where did you hear this and is it fleet wide.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's only on cruises departing Chicago and Denver.

I want to know more from CaptainBazinga. Post 669 effective December 9 2017 Page 34

Where did you hear this and is it fleet wide.

Thank you.

It only applies to CC member Punchy who is cruising December 9, 2017 on Harmony. ;);p

It was a joke, an obvious one I thought. But, the way RCL keeps changing the rules, I can see your concern.

A lot of people are rightfully upset about this $7.95 room service charge being rolled out without notice, especially those who are past final payment. Others say it doesn't affect them so they don't care. But what if something you DO care about gets changed at the last moment? Thus, the reason for my original post.

I think we need to stand together to voice our displeasure when changes are made like this. There is a right way and a wrong way to institute changes. RCL is doing it the wrong way.

It's only on cruises departing Chicago and Denver.

Bazinga! :')

CB

Why should anyone get riled up? RCI tells us that these various charges, for things that used to have no charge, are all put in place to enhance our cruise experience. Everyone should be excited.:rolleyes:

LOL! When it becomes more expensive to cruise than take a land vacation, land wins for us. I total up all the costs and then see which is more beneficial for us at the time. I also am not loyal to any one line and don't cruise that often, because some land vacations are better. But that's a personal choice. Some of the fees may seem small, but when you add them to what you already paid for those things to be included, such as food, they are overpriced. Some of the specialty restaurant up charges are more than what you pay on land and that is without adding what you already paid for food in your fare. It seems as though all cruise lines are getting to the point where you pay extra for almost EVERYTHING. I guess if most people are Ok with that, it will continue. As long as people pay, the charges will continue. If people were not paying for all these extras, they would stop them. Simple as that.

Also, since I can't even get the payment tab on my reservation and haven't for weeks (and no one replies to emails), this fee not being listed on the website really doesn't mean anything! RCCL has the worst cruise website I have ever used. When you can't even view your reservation details and payment info, there is a big problem. JMHO

On CC, someone will find fault on how RCI does something no matter what.

Darn right and for good reason. I sail April 1, 2017. Before I made final payment the doctor informed me my pain in foot was due to gout.

Thinking I could order room service if it gets bad, I paid final payment.

People on here are always saying,"It doesn't effect me, who cares." Think about your fellow cruisers sometimes.

On CC, someone will find fault on how RCI does something no matter what.

And someone else will always defend the billion-dollar companies to their dying breath, because in their eyes the billion-dollar companies can do no wrong, no matter what they take away. It balances out.

True, but it's still wrong that RCI gave such short notice. At least they finally updated the room service info on their website to end the false advertising.

f86a37843010a9e8637cf92a06bb8b98.jpg

CB

Oh joy! My Liberty cruise is the first one with the new menu and new charges. I just love being the guinea pig. :(

I sure hope they will have lots of extra carry trays in the Windjammer. Will we see cruisers heading to Windjammer in their pajamas to carry back breakfast to their stateroom (egads....) I think we can expect more rude cruisers squeezing into the elevators bringing food back to their staterooms.

If they had given advance notice, even 90 days I'm pretty sure most people wouldnt be upset. The short notice just makes people feel like they're being ripped off because when they paid in full, the service was suppose to be free.