If NCL offered an adult only cruise would you book it?

hladygirl

I don't mind kids on a cruise, sometimes they behave better than actual adults. I have to admit, i take a lot of Transatlantics which the grand majority of the times has a little bit more of an adult crowd. :D, so to answer your question, an all adult cruise would be ok if it has an itinerary i am interested in.

If it didn't cost any more. I guess I consider it. We just know when, how long, and what ships to book to avoid most of them. It's not really kids we really avoid. It's unruly kids. Today's parents seem to think if being bad is OK with them, then it shouldn't bother anybody else.

Edited by CruisinHarvey

Your timing can really help reduce the number of kids aboard. During September, October, and November the kids are almost all in school, and the ratio of adults goes way up.

Actually, I'm always surprised at the number of families with school-age children who seem to cruise during school months. And we're not talking short cruises either!

But yes, if there were adult only cruises offered with interesting itineraries, I think we would book them...even at a premium price.

I'm not sure if it's the result of the UBP or it being a 7 day cruise but the drunk adults about drove me nuts on our last cruise. I've never experienced that on any of our other cruises. I'd take a cruise with lots of kids over that any day!

We usually take 14 night cruises in the fall and avoid large amount of kids. This past fall we took the Dawn to Bermuda in October ( 7 night) and had 400 kids onboard. Not a large ratio of kids. The kids took over the pool and hot tubs the entire cruise. Running and jumping in both. We never were able to access the pool or hot tubs the entire time morning until night. Very little parent supervision. We had to pay for the spa passes to have some time in pool or hot tubs. We have never experienced this before. This is why I started this thread. Thought it would be great if NCL offered some 7 night cruises where it would be adults only as an option for those of us that would like an nice quite relaxing cruise where we could enjoy the outdoor amenities. Offer them on the smaller ships without all the bells and whistles. Love kids (have some of my own who are grown) but I would love to try adults only cruise with NCL if they would offer it.

We were on a New England cruise on the Dawn in September 2016 and the ship's demographics were:

Total passengers: 1644

US Citizens: 1007

Non-US Citizens: 637

Guests Under 21: 16 (i.e., 3 young adults between 18 and 21)

Guests Under 18: 13

Average Age of Guests: 65

You can compare that to our Alaska cruise on the Jewel in August 2016 where the ship's demographics were:

Guest Count: 2,662

US Guests: 1,914

Non-US: 748

Under 21: 407

Over 60: 643

Average Age: 48

Transatlantic cruises also skew older cruisers, few children. I think on our last crossing in Spring 2015, I was below the average age, and I was celebrating my 55th birthday. I think there were a handful of children.

So, the point may be that there are adult-only cruises already, you just have to find them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We usually take 14 night cruises in the fall and avoid large amount of kids. This past fall we took the Dawn to Bermuda in October ( 7 night) and had 400 kids onboard. Not a large ratio of kids. The kids took over the pool and hot tubs the entire cruise. Running and jumping in both. We never were able to access the pool or hot tubs the entire time morning until night. Very little parent supervision. We had to pay for the spa passes to have some time in pool or hot tubs. We have never experienced this before. This is why I started this thread. Thought it would be great if NCL offered some 7 night cruises where it would be adults only as an option for those of us that would like an nice quite relaxing cruise where we could enjoy the outdoor amenities. Offer them on the smaller ships without all the bells and whistles. Love kids (have some of my own who are grown) but I would love to try adults only cruise with NCL if they would offer it.

We had a bad experience on P and O ship with large amounts of children who ran amok. If NCL did adult only I would always book. My kids are grown up so been there don't want to do it on holiday.

I will go on kids-free cruise if this is a cruise that matches itin and time I want, but I definitely won't pay higher price for this.

Actually now that we are empty nesters we just pick "kids less" time. Just seeing kids don't bother me a bit, it is just when there are many of them and they are not properly supervised.

We were on a New England cruise on the Dawn in September 2016 and the ship's demographics were:

All fall cruises NE/Canada are like that... We sailed with Royal (out of all) and in our early 40'es felt like grand kids (we probably were the youngest). There were numerous celebrations of 60 years of marriages, 90-95 birthdays etc. Cruise on HAL Veendam was pretty close.

It was fine, very port intensive and had some advantages , but I wouldn't try to do these cruises just to avoid kids.

Yes!!! When I was having dinner at a specialty restaurant on the Getaway, there was a couple with 2 small children. The 3 year old wailed and cried literally at the top of his lungs for the entire dinner. The parents did nothing to comfort or quiet him. Everyone was getting up and moving to another table. I think the staff was at a loss of what to do, aside from moving people. Maybe it's in the culture of this couple to let the kid "cry it out", who knows what their mindset was, but they ruined, for everyone, what should have been a relaxing meal. I blame the parents in this case, but at that time, a kid-free cruise would have been heavenly.

Yes!!! When I was having dinner at a specialty restaurant on the Getaway, there was a couple with 2 small children. The 3 year old wailed and cried literally at the top of his lungs for the entire dinner. The parents did nothing to comfort or quiet him. Everyone was getting up and moving to another table. I think the staff was at a loss of what to do, aside from moving people. Maybe it's in the culture of this couple to let the kid "cry it out", who knows what their mindset was, but they ruined, for everyone, what should have been a relaxing meal. I blame the parents in this case, but at that time, a kid-free cruise would have been heavenly.

Oh boy! This is where my big mouth probably would've had my family hiding under the table. I would have said something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk