Shorts now part of the casual dress code

Unfortunately I was referring to the men! It's a running joke on CC that when shorts were not permitted, people would ask if "nice" or "dressy" shorts would be ok for dinner? I expect the same thing will now happen for men and teenage boys in tank tops.

How about "nice" bathing trunks? Some "board shorts" are longer then the gym shorts that are now permitted under the dress recommendations... Even if they are a bit damp, you can just bring a towel to sit on, right?

You all need to find new cruise lines if you think it is ok to wear shorts or it is a hassle to put on a pair of slacks to go eat dinner. I am so glad I don't cruise on Royal Caribbean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So you just hang out on the RCI Board? Is someone here supposed to feel offended because you don't cruise this line? I suspect no one really cares.

Regarding the anti tank top comments. Why is it ok for ladies to wear vest tops with spaghetti straps and always has been ?

Sexist

Because ladies (most ladies anyway) do not have arm pit hair and chest hair sticking out.

Less to Pack!

I use to pack day clothes, Island shore clothes, and dinner clothes. Now I can eliminate the dinner clothes minus the Suit for formal nights.

So you will spend all day on shore and then wear the same clothes you have had on all day for your excursions/activities to dinner? Even if you put on another pair of shorts, would you not want to shower/change to freshen up for dinner? It would not even be a consideration for me to wear the clothes I have had on all day for dinner. Kinda nasty.

Edited by Sascol

Why all the fuss and conjecture

dress code has been clarified by RCL dress code really only applies to dinning areas anyway

Don't like it change liner there are plenty to choose from

RCL are moving with the times

Why all the fuss and conjecture

dress code has been clarified by RCL dress code really only applies to dinning areas anyway...

For the same reasons the kicking, screaming and pouting continues over on the Celebrity forum when Celebrity decided to replace formal evening with evening chic.

For the same reasons the kicking, screaming and pouting continues over on the Celebrity forum when Celebrity decided to replace formal evening with evening chic.

I love dressing up on formal nights and wish everybody would ! Separate debate

Casual is Casual and as long as you are clean I see don't see an issue but if I did I would just go else where

This is what I posted in my reviews from my last 4 cruises on Serenade, Freedom, Enchantment & Adventure:

We saw it all in the MDR. We saw men wearing T-shirts, jeans, dress slacks, shorts, button down shirts, Sport Jackets, shoes, sandals, flip flops, sneakers, polo shirts and wearing baseball caps at the table. The only thing I didn’t see were wife beater shirts or swim wear.

Women were wearing dresses, skirts, shorts, skorts, sun dresses, blouses, slacks, pants suits, jeans, dress shoes, sneakers and sandals. The women were however generally dressed much nicer than the men they were with.

Kids (And there wasn’t very many on this cruise) wore pretty much the same style of clothing that you would see their parents in.

Formal Nights:

There are two formal nights on this cruise on Sunday & Thursday and the style of dress on these nights were men in Tux, suits, shirt and ties, dinner jacket with slacks shirt and tie or with an open shirt collar. Women wore gowns, evening dresses

And Also On Formal Night………………………………….

We saw men wearing T-shirts, jeans, dress slacks, shorts, button down shirts, Sport Jackets, shoes, sandals, flip flops, sneakers, polo shirts and wearing baseball caps at the table. The only thing I didn’t see were wife beater shirts or swim wear.

Women were wearing dresses, skirts, shorts, skorts, sun dresses, blouses, slacks, pants suits, jeans, dress shoes, sneakers and sandals.

There was the “Suggested” clothing for each night in the daily Cruise Compass, but was obvious that RCI is backing away from enforcing the suggested clothing on any given night in the MDR. I will not give my views as to what we think as that is not the purpose of my review.

I for one am happy with this change, but I am surprised to see tank tops included in this.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Lessto Pack!

I use to pack day clothes, Islandshore clothes, and dinner clothes. Now I can eliminate the dinner clothes minusthe Suit for formal nights.

So you will spendall day on shore and then wear the same clothes you have had on all day foryour excursions/activities to dinner? Even if you put on another pair ofshorts, would you not want to shower/change to freshen up for dinner? It wouldnot even be a consideration for me to wear the clothes I have had on all dayfor dinner. Kinda nasty.

I am also happy with this change.....I wish there was a distinction about men's tank tops to be worn in the MDR for dinner and them NOT be allowed, but that is me.

I surely would not be wearing the same shorts I wore all day, whether on the ship or off on a shore excursion....I would be showering before dinner regardless of whether I was putting on shorts or a slacks/dress for dinner.

It will only change my packing a little bit.....replace a black pair of slacks with a black pair of dress shorts.

I can say one thing....if I feel that someone did not shower before arriving at the MDR and smells of sunscreen or has sand between their toes or anywhere else that I can see, there WILL BE a potentially unpleasant conversation occurring. I have no qualms about doing that.

I am also happy with this change.....I wish there was a distinction about men's tank tops to be worn in the MDR for dinner and them NOT be allowed, but that is me.

I surely would not be wearing the same shorts I wore all day, whether on the ship or off on a shore excursion....I would be showering before dinner regardless of whether I was putting on shorts or a slacks/dress for dinner.

It will only change my packing a little bit.....replace a black pair of slacks with a black pair of dress shorts.

I can say one thing....if I feel that someone did not shower before arriving at the MDR and smells of sunscreen or has sand between their toes or anywhere else that I can see, there WILL BE a potentially unpleasant conversation occurring. I have no qualms about doing that.

This is a perfect example of why we prefer to sit at a table for two.

Hi everyone,

We reached out to Royal Caribbean to get clarification on the short/tank tops in MDR question. Here's what we were told:

"The dress code in the maindining room remains the same as it has been. Our teams are working to make further clarifications on the website."

So, shorts and tank tops are still not permitted in the main dining room.

Hi everyone,

We reached out to Royal Caribbean to get clarification on the short/tank tops in MDR question. Here's what we were told:

"The dress code in the maindining room remains the same as it has been. Our teams are working to make further clarifications on the website."

So, shorts and tank tops are still not permitted in the main dining room.

So typically Royal Caribbean.:rolleyes:

I love dressing up on formal nights and wish everybody would ! Separate debate

Casual is Casual and as long as you are clean I see don't see an issue but if I did I would just go else where

I am just the opposite. I hate dressing up for dinner. To me, those who do dress up are over dressed.