Free wine

gochina

We had a bottle of Merlot waiting for us a few weeks ago. None of that sparkling swill.

Was Merlot for platinum? Finally DH is platinum from his brother cruise I alas have to wait until after upcoming cruise. We will have the sparkling wine in suite and everyone is right it is perfect with orange juice.

YES need the orange juice to mask the sparkling seltzer water - WAIT FOR IT - "BRING IN THE CLOWNS" !

Sparkling wine - NCL imports it in 55 gallon drums consistency just slightly better than club soda at the bar.

Add a mixer and you are good to go - tiny bubbles in the wine makes you want to yada yada yada !

But it is FREE folks

I hope this works... and helps... Here's a photo of the platinum sparkling wine we received in our mini suite on the Gem a few weeks ago... we had a couple of bottles, so after mimosas this one came home with us... sorry about the crumpled label...294c295db55ecca684ac87d23ced876a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It you want to exchange it see your butler if you are in a suite or the Maitre d' and explain that your "wife" cannot have bubbles and ask for red or white in its place. At least they now refer to it as sparkling wine and not Champagne. As has been said use it in a mixed drink and it becomes just about potable.

It you want to exchange it see your butler if you are in a suite or the Maitre d' and explain that your "wife" cannot have bubbles and ask for red or white in its place. At least they now refer to it as sparkling wine and not Champagne. As has been said use it in a mixed drink and it becomes just about potable.

Thanks for the great idea!

Do you recall the size of the bottle, or how many glasses you got from it?

The 750ml bottle will pour 6-4 ounce drinks or 4-6 ounce drinks but take into consideration that once the cork

is popped there will some rapid evaporation of the bubbly contents - careful the direction and angle that you

pop that cork to preserve as much of that liquidity !

3 weeks ago on the Escape, we had the Merlot waiting in the room plus a case of water. While unpacking, our steward, knocked and handed me the sparkling wine. My TA has no clue why we got all this as it`s only our 3rd NCL cruz.

Funny thing, we and another couple traveling with us, had some time to kill at Miami International, so we decided to drink the wines instead of pitching them. The Merlot was ok, but when I went to pop the sparkling wine, the cap shot off with a very loud bang!!! Not something that you want to hear at a large airport!!! We figured that a police squad would be there in a flash, but luckily nothing happened! After a while we laughed ourselves silly.

Sparkling wine or champagne should always be opened carefully and should also be kept chilled.

Four easy steps (from google) to open sparkling wine/champagne:

• Remove foil. Discard. ...
  • Loosen the wire cage. Flip down the small wire “key” that's pressed up against the neck of the bottle at the bottom of the wire cage that encloses the cork. ...
  • Drape a towel over bottle, (preventing the cork from flying off quite possibly into someones face ...) :eek:
  • Twist the bottom hand until the cork eases out.

Sparkling wine or champagne should always be opened carefully and should also be kept chilled.

Four easy steps (from google) to open sparkling wine/champagne:

• Remove foil. Discard. ...
  • Loosen the wire cage. Flip down the small wire “key” that's pressed up against the neck of the bottle at the bottom of the wire cage that encloses the cork. ...
  • Drape a towel over bottle, (preventing the cork from flying off quite possibly into someones face ...) :eek:
  • Twist the bottom hand until the cork eases out.

A good guide for a complete beginner!

I consider myself to be a very good Champagne bottle opener (I have done it lots of times!) and for Champagne I don't think that the towel is necessary! A cheap sparkling wine can be a little tricky to open sometimes but Champagne, never a problem.

Was Merlot for platinum? Finally DH is platinum from his brother cruise I alas have to wait until after upcoming cruise. We will have the sparkling wine in suite and everyone is right it is perfect with orange juice.

No. We're only Silver. We were in a mini-suite (upsell with no perks). We were classified as VIP, but I don't know if that made a difference. The Merlot was actually pretty good.