Why doesn't Carnival do Northern Europe

Foxinspace

I have been researching Northern Europe cruises and have found lots I would love to take! It seems like just about every other major line does this part of the world except Carnival. Does anyone know why?

If they never did any Europe I'd just say 'okay, that's the way it is'. However I know they take all of the new ships through the Mediterranean for at least a few weeks/months. So obviously it's not that they 100% won't do Europe just not Northern.

Thanks for any insight!

Carnival used to service Northern Europe. We started planning and shopping for the Baltic cruise for 2014 and were planning to cruise Carnival. I believe their last one was in 2013 and they haven' t been back. We ended up booking a 12 day on Royal. Awesome cruise. It is a popular and fantastic cruise. Not sure why they haven't gone back. Either day, book it. Totally worth it! Would go back in a heartbeat.

From what I understand, Carnival didn't find that their target demographic wanted to pay the airfares to get to Europe for a cruise.

I believe you are correct and also you said that as nicely as could be said here. I know there were discussions for Horizon to at least have some Northern itins. I had also had mentioned to me that their was brand undercutting (price) in the Europe market between their brands....

From what I understand, Carnival didn't find that their target demographic wanted to pay the airfares to get to Europe for a cruise.

Does seem that way. The good news for us was that got us to try Princess for Europe and loved it and now most of our cruises are on Princess.

The 2020 and 2022 Carnival ships are being built in Finland, so there may be the possibility of Baltic cruises and a Northern TA then. The Legend was the last ship to do this a few years ago.

I really wanted to see Iceland, so I booked RCI next year. They just added Greenland, and the itinerary is wonderful.

The 2020 and 2022 Carnival ships are being built in Finland, so there may be the possibility of Baltic cruises and a Northern TA then. The Legend was the last ship to do this a few years ago.

I really wanted to see Iceland, so I booked RCI next year. They just added Greenland, and the itinerary is wonderful.

You will love it. One if our favorite areas to cruise

We will see if that means northern Europe for carnival, that said, that is an interesting itinerary for the Royal cruise

Sent from my iPhone

Our Mediterranean cruise was cheap - the airfare was staggering! And if Carnival cruised Northern Europe, near the UK, they would absolutely have to ensure their pool heaters could heat the water - or close the pools and advise potential passengers of the absence of swimming. Also, Europe is very, very port-intensive...for potentially two weeks+ at sea. That's quite a pace!

Our Mediterranean cruise was cheap - the airfare was staggering! And if Carnival cruised Northern Europe, near the UK, they would absolutely have to ensure their pool heaters could heat the water - or close the pools and advise potential passengers of the absence of swimming. Also, Europe is very, very port-intensive...for potentially two weeks+ at sea. That's quite a pace!

We're doing a N. Europe cruise this summer, on RCI. But they only had one cruise with that exact itinerary, which I thought was odd. And being that we're going in the middle of July, the cruise wasn't a cheap one, and neither was the airfare! :( We have 4 ports on an 8-night cruise, with each port lasting between 12-15 hours! So we're definitely going to be able to enjoy each stop.

Carnival owns Princess. So they are still making money.

Carnival Corp owns Princess. As well as Holland America and Seaborn who will also be sailing Northern Europe and the Baltics this summer and next.

Does seem that way. The good news for us was that got us to try Princess for Europe and loved it and now most of our cruises are on Princess.

I like Princess, too. The Caribbean Princess just came out of dry dock and they added a few new food options including:

- The Salty Dog featuring classic hot dogs, tacos and award winning handmade burgers

- Planks BBQ

I like Princess, too. The Caribbean Princess just came out of dry dock and they added a few new food options including:

- The Salty Dog featuring classic hot dogs, tacos and award winning handmade burgers

- Planks BBQ

Also nice that they have real production shows with live music and more sophisticated classical music. We do miss the comedy club on Carnival though.

Completely agree. I think the last time Carnival did Baltic cruises was 2013, and we did a 12-day out of Dover that year. The cruise price dropped significantly before we sailed, and we ended up paying more for the airfare to London than for the cruise. It was a great cruise, though.

I guess I just need to consider this an opportunity to try another cruise line! As for cost of Airfare, we are traveling from Canada and sometimes it is just as expensive to get to Miami as it is to fly to London!!

I hope Carnival will reconsider once the new ships are built!

I guess I just need to consider this an opportunity to try another cruise line! As for cost of Airfare, we are traveling from Canada and sometimes it is just as expensive to get to Miami as it is to fly to London!!

I hope Carnival will reconsider once the new ships are built!

There is always hope

Sent from my iPhone

We did the British Isles back in 2004 on Princess, next year is our 50th anniversary and we want to go back and Princess is going to be it again. We have done Carnival when they had the Freedom doing the Med back in 2008, but they don't do it anymore. a shame.