Poll: Keep Adult Only Pool Areas Yes or No?

Should Carnival keep the aft area pools on Conquest Class ships adult only?  

1,285 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carnival keep the aft area pools on Conquest Class ships adult only?

• Yes I want them to be for adults only
    • No I want them to be family friendly
    • Don't care either way

It has no impact on most Carnivals ships, as most didn't have aft adult pools.

One way to reduce the number of kids you might see on a cruise is not to cruise during summer months or around holidays. Cruise when school is in session. Then you only have to deal with home school and kids playing hookie.

Well the Splendor, Victory, Conquest, Valor, Liberty, Glory, and Freedom are the ones affected. I wouldn't consider 7 ships insignificant.

There's no reason that we should have to book a high priced cabin that is only available on two ships to get an adult only pool. Most, if not all Carnival ships have had an adult only pool for years. No reason to change. Kids have the main pool and Waterworks on most ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you don't want to spend more on those to ships to experience an area that people have raved about, that is certainly your prerogative. Just like it's Carnivals prerogative to decide to cater to families and newbies since the beards have decided that is where they think the major revenue stream is. You always have the option to change cruise lines and cruise on a line that has the adults only pool you're seeking. From the look at your cruising history, you may have to take the blinders off and see what options other lines offer. You may be surprised.

Well the Splendor, Victory, Conquest, Valor, Liberty, Glory, and Freedom are the ones affected. I wouldn't consider 7 ships insignificant.

7 ships out of 25 (with 4 more on the "Horizon") is significant, but isn't close to a majority.

Mainstream cruise lines with big ships need to figure out how to accommodate a wide range of travelers to be successful. It can't decide to cater only to families with kids. Given that kids have the main pool areas sewn up, this just sounds like a poor corporate decision to eat up the adult area as well.

As for telling people they now need to go to the luxe enclave and shell out megabucks-- well that is not what people will do. That makes no sense.

I was going to try out Carnival because I thought it might be fun, but I think it will go on my 'Do Not Sail' list along with Costa. I'm not bothering to figure out which ships it applies to and which ones it does not. The policy could migrate to all ships if that is their attitude and, regardless, it is Carnival's attitude.

7 ships out of 25 (with 4 more on the "Horizon") is significant, but isn't close to a majority.

Very true. However, they are amongst many people's favorite class of ship. That's all I have experience with on Carnival besides the Vista which I don't care to go back on.

Very true. However, they are amongst many people's favorite class of ship. That's all I have experience with on Carnival besides the Vista which I don't care to go back on.

Curious. Was there a real adult serenity area on Vista? I thought I heard the aft pool was a kiddie pool.

Curious. Was there a real adult serenity area on Vista? I thought I heard the aft pool was a kiddie pool.

Serenity was forward and a decent size, but no pool.

The aft and midship pools are open to everyone.

The only semi-adult pool is in Havana and you have to have a Havana cabin to have access to that during the day until 7pm when they open it to everyone. In order to stay in a Havana cabin, you have to be 12 or older. With the premium prices they are charging, I doubt there are very many kids. I didn't see any.

We were on the Conquest 6/26/17-7/6/17. The Conquest aft pool was adult only. I was so happy. It made my cruise as this is where I like to spend my days. Also, security did enforce the policy. Another yay! Hoping this isn't temporary or just until Conquest gets a Serenity. And FWIW there was no lack of adult use. If making the aft pool open to all ages is said to be due to lack of adult use, it wasn't true for the 11 days we were on board. It looked like this every day. 8bbf2699fa9f3a1009bc90052274bb61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, there is a real Serenity area on Vista. There are only 2 Carnival ships without a real Serenity area. Aft pools have nothing to do with Serenity.

Carnival recently announced that the aft pool areas are now family friendly and are no longer designated for adults only. What is your opinion?

I saw about this and I definitely will not be going back on Carnival now. I had said I would MAYBE be open to the idea on a newer ship if it was ports I wanted to go to, but not now. I try to avoid high times with kids as it is.

Is this thread being revived after the issue was settled? At the Captain's Diamond Party on the Glory in June, we heard straight from the Captain and Hotel Director that the family friendly experiment failed miserably and that they re-instated the adult only policy for the aft pool and hot tubs.

Thanks to all who voiced their opinions to Carnival!

Is this thread being revived after the issue was settled? At the Captain's Diamond Party on the Glory in June, we heard straight from the Captain and Hotel Director that the family friendly experiment failed miserably and that they re-instated the adult only policy for the aft pool and hot tubs.

That's good to know. When we were on the Breeze July 2nd kids were still allowed in the aft pool. Maybe it will just take time to roll it back on all the ships.

That's good to know. When we were on the Breeze July 2nd kids were still allowed in the aft pool. Maybe it will just take time to roll it back on all the ships.

The only ships that had adult only pools not affiliated with Serenity (and it looks like they do once again :D) are Conquest, Valor, Liberty, Freedom, Glory, Victory and Splendor.

The only ships that had adult only pools not affiliated with Serenity (and it looks like they do once again :D) are Conquest, Valor, Liberty, Freedom, Glory, Victory and Splendor.

I'm very happy to hear this. Sailing on the Splendor in November.

Even though it did't matter to me, like others I don't get in the ship's pools or hot tubs, I'm happy for those of you who enjoy them. The survey certainly proved that most people want them.

Wonderful to hear. Adults need their space without kids running wild.

Yay! Good decision Carnival! But, it needs to be enforced and kids (and their parents for bringing their kids) thrown out of the adult area.

Unfortunately, Breeze never has had an adult pool. :-(

The beards and bean counters at Carnival have decided that families and newbies (blue cards) are where their marketing efforts are going to be. If you wish for an adults only pool on their new builds (Vista & Horizon) you need to pay extra to stay in the Havana area. Which we will gladly do next September out of NYC and the following February out of Miami.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

So, even though the Triumph is almost the same layout as the Valor, it's aft pool has never been Adults only?? It doesn't have a Serenity Area so was hoping it had some "adult only" areas. :(