Do cruise prices fluctuate?

Djaesmom

I will be sailing on RC Oasis of the Seas in August and I have some friends who would like to join us. From this point on will the prices keep going up or is there any chance there will be specials between now and then ? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will be sailing on RC Oasis of the Seas in August and I have some friends who would like to join us. From this point on will the prices keep going up or is there any chance there will be specials between now and then ? Thanks.

They most definitely fluctuate - sometimes hourly. If you find a good fare, grab it immediately.

DON

Just like hotel and transportation pricing. Supply and demand, algorithm driven

Agreed, the main time they may come down is after final payment date and only then if there isn't a high take up already.

Agreed, the main time they may come down is after final payment date and only then if there isn't a high take up already.

And with RCI in the recent year or so that tenancy has faded. The good news with price drops prior to final payment is that you can take advantage of a favorable reduction to your original booking rate. A cruise we were on this past December had two significant price decreases prior to final payment that reduced our rate by more than 30% from the original fare.

Don't know what type of cabin and price your friends are looking for, but based on what is being offered, it looks like a balcony can be had for the current (already >60% off brochure price) price of an oceanview; plus onboard credit.

Cheers!

Check the T's and C's. They can probably book today with an option to cancel, or take advantage of lower fares, prior to final payment date.

Don't pay any attention to brochure prices. They are meaningless sales and marketing tools.

We typically book inside the final payment window when (and if fares drop). We have also booked and then cancelled just prior to final payment when it appeared that there would be unsold cabins. We then booked a few weeks later at a significant discount from our previous fare.

It is all about supply and demand. As the departure date approaches the cabin selection diminishes. We have had many a gty cabin. Never been disappointed with the cabin or the location.

RCI and Celebrity run specials every week. On a Tuesday. You may get a good idea from these which cruises are not selling well or you may find a great offer. We have taken advantage of many late booking cruises on Celebrity by shopping their Tuesday specials.

If it is a particular itinerary that always sells well, I would book early and get the early bird sales, and also try and take advantage of any price drops. If it is a regular itinerary that basically does the same thing week after week, then we will grab a last minute sale.

Your guess is as good as anyone else's.