Sailing with the new Platinum Benifits

BirdTravels

Call me nervous! I use cold water and low dry for my things at home. LL Bean pants and t-shirts or Sam's Club Hanes capris/shorts are my uniform of the day. I decided to opt out of my blouses going to the laundry but wondered if any one used the laundry for the stretchy LL Bean's perfect fit pants including the jeans I heard hot water is used but worried about fading. Thanks - trying to not be a worry wart but I am closer to 70 than 60 so sometimes the craziest things get me overthinking.

If Moderno's is booked as a Platinum benefit, can you book ahead of cruise online? In the past you could book ahead for a paid option then get a refund once onboard.

Also are there any restrictions for Platinum there like the one ap, one entree, at Cagney's; or do they just bring everything to the table as they have always done?

I know it can be booked no charge with the dining package, wondering about charge if booked online with only Platinum dinners and no SDP. imagegif

IF you have an SDP, you can prebook Monderno for you platinum meal online for free.

IF you do NOT have an SDP, you can prebook but have to pay for the meal in advance. On board, they will credit the prepayment bacK to you as an OBC. That is what we did.

Cagneys works like any other meal ther. You are just paying with the certificate. Any overages, you charge to your room. Just like the old Le Bistro certificates.

Call me nervous! I use cold water and low dry for my things at home. LL Bean pants and t-shirts or Sam's Club Hanes capris/shorts are my uniform of the day. I decided to opt out of my blouses going to the laundry but wondered if any one used the laundry for the stretchy LL Bean's perfect fit pants including the jeans I heard hot water is used but worried about fading. Thanks - trying to not be a worry wart but I am closer to 70 than 60 so sometimes the craziest things get me overthinking.
I've sent jeans, t-shirts and cotton blouses to the laundry and haven't noticed any shrinkage or fading, but then again I'm also closer to 70 than 60, so I might not be noticing it.

Please would someone who has had a Platinum meal at Cagney's please post a copy of their bill showing that they had free sides with the entree.

I have not been given a receipt at the end of my Platinum meals, at either Cagney's or the Italian restaurant. At least not in the last couple months.

Please would someone who has had a Platinum meal at Cagney's please post a copy of their bill showing that they had free sides with the entree.

I don't have a receipt to show but we certainly got our sides and dessert at no charge with our Platinum dinner.

I dined at Cagney's and the meal included 2 sides. I'm Platinum Plus.

Great, but, as usual, the wording by NCL leaves a lot to be desired in terms of clarity.

We had our entrees, an appetizer for each person, two sides each and one dessert each. I never for one moment thought the coupon only provided a free entree, appetizer and dessert. After all it does say the benefit is "Dinner for Two".

We had our entrees, an appetizer for each person, two sides each and one dessert each. I never for one moment thought the coupon only provided a free entree, appetizer and dessert. After all it does say the benefit is "Dinner for Two".

Yes. I provided a copy of the new coupon in Post #1 of this thread. While it doesn't explicitly say "sides", they are included.

I've sent jeans, t-shirts and cotton blouses to the laundry and haven't noticed any shrinkage or fading, but then again I'm also closer to 70 than 60, so I might not be noticing it.

Last year on the Gem I sent a pair of black cotton slacks to the laundry along with other items. When they came back, the color was slightly lighter. Unlike Princess, they did not seem to use a fabric softner. On Princess, everything came back smelling so fresh and all items were neatly folded. Be sure to check inside your items since NCL puts a small tag with your cabin number on it. I didn't wear some items until later last year and at first I could not figure out what these tags I kept finding inside the clothing were!;)

One tip I would pass along. don't wait until you are nearing the end of the sailing to sent things to the laundry since they get very busy and it can take more than a full day before your laundry is returned. Or, do not send anything you want to wear again (i.e., pajamas) before the cruise ends.

MARAPRINCE

To get the 10% discount on shore excursions do not book them prior to boarding. I made that mistake this past Sunday and promptly called the Shore Excursion desk when I saw that my credit card was showing the regular price. They cancelled the charge to my credit card and then rebooked the excursions with payment to be made at the end of the sailing. Lesson learned!:D

MARAPRINCE

We did not get a receipt for either platinum meals last week. By the same token, nothing to sign, nothing to pay.

Did your Platinum perk meal include any sides with the entree or did it just include an appetizer?

On the March 26 sailing of the Breakaway our Plat plus dinner for two consisted of an appetizer each to start, we each then ordered an entree worth $20 or less. We had three sides between the two of us and a dessert each. We also had the comp bottle of red wine. We did receive a "bill" for zero dollars as the server said he needed to close it out in his system - a nice way of saying here is your chance to write in an extra tip (which we always do). Unfortunately I did not keep the receipt to post here. As I said here in an earlier post we ended up with four coupons for at and plat + meals and were told we could use them all when we asked as it was at their discretion. We only used 3 of them but we did receive a zero "bill" all three times. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Princess, everything came back smelling so fresh and all items were neatly folded. Be sure to check inside your items since NCL puts a small tag with your cabin number on it.
My laundry came back neatly folded on NCL (actually neater than my laundry on Celebrity). BTW, Celebrity also puts small tags on the clothing with cabin number on them.

My laundry came back neatly folded on NCL (actually neater than my laundry on Celebrity). BTW, Celebrity also puts small tags on the clothing with cabin number on them.

Those tags remind me of trips to camp with all pants shirts and under things having name tags sewn in to

prevent loss - camping another sort of primitive land cruising !

"BUT" read on about those tags !

Some of the time those small itchy witchy scratchy and other chy characteristics tags are placed in such a way

one can immediately create a new dance number avoiding the burlap scrapping applied on sensitive skin parts !

With effort they can be removed but take care on delicates. The tags are coded not necessarily with your cabin

number but with the day batch and other identifying data for determining platinum free laundry or other fee paid

laundry. The tags are definitely needed as several cabins of laundry are done in one batch and tagging results

in getting things back to the owner. Having the opportunity to take a tour of the laundry is an eye opening event !

It is a 24-7-365 3 8 hour shift operation - if it has fabric it can be laundered or dry cleaned !

Mine have as well. They're either 'pressed' and folded or pressed and on hangers. My trip on the Spirit last month was the first time though that it seemed they used fabric softener. My clothes were soft and had a nice light scent. It's definitely an upgraded service if that's to be done fleet wide.

To get the 10% discount on shore excursions do not book them prior to boarding. I made that mistake this past Sunday and promptly called the Shore Excursion desk when I saw that my credit card was showing the regular price. They cancelled the charge to my credit card and then rebooked the excursions with payment to be made at the end of the sailing. Lesson learned!:D

MARAPRINCE

The 10% off discount onboard for shore excursions is also only for adults (people 18 and older). We sailed with our 13yo, who has been on 7 NCL cruises, and had to pay the full price for her excursion. Since child fares are only for 12 and under, she had to get an adult ticket, but not get the 10% off. Not a big deal, but just know it ahead going in if you have teens.

Caso, I will be checking that 10% OBC out with the Shorex pre -book desk.

We are sailing Norway Fjords in June and pre-booked all excursions (6 ports in Norway was expensive). Needed to make sure we get the excursions we wanted before they sold out. We are Plat+, glad you posted that.