Equinox questions

Lorey2007

This willl be our first time on Celebrity we just put a deposit on Equinox, Veranda cabin deck 8 on the slant. Everything and anything about Equinox will be appreciated. Here's a few questions:

Does Equinox usually dock on port or starboard side.

What time are evening shows in the main theater.

What type of entertainment is typical on a 7 night cruise.

Is there Bingo, trivia & games shows if so where are they held.

Has the ship gone to all Select dining?

How hard is it to get a table for 2 that is NOT 6 inches from the next table.

How many specialty restaurants are there.

Can you remove the large wooden hangers from the closet.

Thanks to all I'm sure I'll have more questions.

Edited by Lorey2007

This willl be our first time on Celebrity we just put a deposit on Equinox, Veranda cabin deck 8 on the slant. Everything and anything about Equinox will be appreciated. Here's a few questions:

Does Equinox usually dock on port or starboard side.

What time are evening shows in the main theater.

What type of entertainment is typical on a 7 night cruise.

Is there Bingo, trivia & games shows if so where are they held.

Has the ship gone to all Select dining?

How hard is it to get a table for 2 that is NOT 6 inches from the next table.

How many specialty restaurants are there.

Can you remove the large wooden hangers from the closet.

Thanks to all I'm sure I'll have more questions.

Docking depends on port.

Shows are usually at 7 and 9 pm BUT may vary depending on the circumstances.

There is Bingo, trivia etc.

There is fixed AND select dining.

The tables for two can be quite close together.

Murano, Tuscan Grill, Silk Road, Sushi on 5, The Lawn Porch and Gastro Pub.

The thick wooden hangers are removable.

Does the MDR have some classic items that are available every night?

What kind of TV channels are there besides news are there any pay per movies?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

The MDR has available every night

Shrimp Cocktail

Escargot

French Onion Soup

Caeser Salad

Steak

Chicken

Salmon

Crème Brulee

Cheesecake

I may have forgotten a few but those are mainstays for years.

There are sports channels, and yes there are pay per view. I don't spend much time watching anything on TV other than news and sports, but there are other things, I just don't pay attention. I'm sure others on here can fill in the blanks.

We just left an eleven night cruise on Equinox this morning.

The shows were always at 7:00 PM and 9:00 PM.

In specialty restaurants such as wonderful, elegant Murano you can have a table for two that is not six inches from your neighbor. The same is true in Tuscany.

There is both assigned dining and your choice dining.

All wooden hangers are removable.

You just never know for sure where the ship will dock or how it will dock until you actually arrive at the dock, including whether it will back in or go in forward.

Trivia games were often in the Sky Lounge. Bingo was in the Central mini-theater on Deck Four, at least some times.

On a seven-night cruise, typically in the theater there will be two or three production shows, a comedian or ventriloquist, a Beatles tribute band, Elton John emulator or similar, a solo singer with the orquestra. We also had on matinee on a sea day with a featured singer from the production crew. That was very well attended.

There was a singer/guitarist duet that played in various locales plus two bands. I especially liked Ocean Blue, a Jamaican band. There was a duet of cellist/violinist. The orchestra played some nights in the Atrium dance floor location. I feel Celebrity has cut back on live music over the years, but I think live music is a special highlight of cruising.

TV: MSNBC, CNBC, FOX, Sky News, BBC, Navigation Channel, Ship web cam (Front of ship), shopping channel, ship's activities, news and excursions channel, some movies (this week is was "Sully"), TRU TV comedy channel.

There were various games such as water volleyball, putting contest, drone racing, the hot glass demonstrations, wine, martini, bourbon, and craft beer tastings and various ship tours, plus gym activities. Some of these do charge for the activity.

If you have any more questions, I will try my best to answer or others here can help. Don't hesitate to ask.

The MDR has available every night

Shrimp Cocktail

Escargot

French Onion Soup

Caeser Salad

Steak

Chicken

Salmon

Crème Brulee

Cheesecake

Is this TRUE??

Because that's pretty close to my dinner order every night! HAHA!

The rest of the family will be THRILLED if they can get ESCARGOT, SHRIMP COCKTAIL, and ONION SOUP every night!

Yes....we're easy to please! :D

The traditional fixed dining times are 6 o'clock and 8:30 in the MDR. The shows are timed so that the late seating sees the 7 o'clock show and the early dining sees the 9 o'clock show in the Equinox Theater. Personally I don't understand why cruisers choose select dining. Meeting new people at dinner has always been a delightful part of every cruise. Celebrity must have some secret formulas because in all the years of cruising with them I have only met one couple that we did not get along with (the woman was openly insulting my wife and the man was wearing baggy gym shorts and bragging about his eastern coast auto parts company). We still keep in touch with many of the people we have met over the years. In fact on our recent March Equinox voyage our table of 8 got along so famously that we are all going on a cruise together next year to renew our dining friendship. In addition you have the same waiters and they quickly learn your preferences. Alternately you can always eat dinner at the Oceanview Cafe, they have the same menu as the MDR plus grilled to order meats. Then of course there are the specialty dining restaurants if you're so concerned about sitting on top of another couple.

Just some other general hints: try to sit at the Sunset Bar on deck 15 aft when you are leaving the ports, it is quite beautiful to watch the wake of the ship disappear in the distance. Try to get up to the Solstice deck in the front on the ship, you get there by going up on deck 14 above the pool and then up the stairs. It is very open up there and is very beautiful. Not everybody makes the effort or knows about it. They have cushy lounge chairs to relax on.

FYI. On some European voyages there is topless sunbathing up there.

Enjoy your cruise, you will have a good time, relax and try not to be overcritical this supposed to be fun not an assignment for Cruise Critic Central.

Voyages are measured by friends and not by miles.

With Select dining you CAN meet new people every night. You just ask for a "sharing table" and you'll be placed with different passengers each night.

We had select dining for the first time on our last cruise and prefer it to traditional dining. We were able to get seated at the same table every night with the same wait staff. The maitre'd was very accommodating. You'll find that most reasonable requests will be granted. Saying that, all of the staff seems to want to make your cruise as good as it can be. Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are sailing on the Equinox late October, in a regular veranda cabin. In the past we've always gone to Bistro on 5 for embarkation lunch to avoid the buffet...now that it's changed to Sushi we need to find an alternate. Other than the Mast Grill does anyone know if the Gastropub is open for lunch on embarkation day? I understand its a la carte which is fine.

Not everybody enjoys dining with strangers and not everybody cruises for the specific purposes of making a large number of new friends. Just saying. Some cruise for a quiet getaway and doing their own thing independently.

This!

I have to take strangers to lunch or dinner many days for work, so its good to spend vacation time with my family.....

AND we can eat whenever we get hungry....not just at 6 or 8:30.

That's why there are choices! :)

Is the TV interactive for viewing of your account or to make reservations?

I would have enjoyed a ppv movie on our last 11 night cruise a couple of nights I was a little under the weather and the same 2 movies were playing every night.

We received the Premium Drink promo is the gratuity included with that or will we get a bill when they bring the drink?

Is the MDR open for lunch on embarkation day?

Thanks to all so far I'm sure I'll have some more questions.

Here's some more.

Can you bring your own soda & water & have the steward empty the fridge.

Can you get a unopened can or bottle of water to take back to your cabin for later at night.

What pier does Celebrity use in Cozumel.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

You can take whatever you get anywhere on the ship open or unopened back to your cabin at any time. We've never tried bringing our in stuff on board, perhaps someone else can address that question. You can ask the cabin steward to empty the fridge and put your stuff that you've gotten on board in.

Sorry, but I don't want which pier in Cozumel, it's been a long time since we visited there and it was on another cruise line.

We are sailing on the Equinox late October, in a regular veranda cabin. In the past we've always gone to Bistro on 5 for embarkation lunch to avoid the buffet...now that it's changed to Sushi we need to find an alternate. Other than the Mast Grill does anyone know if the Gastropub is open for lunch on embarkation day? I understand its a la carte which is fine.

Anyone know? If you saved the dailies it might say on the one you received upon embarkation...

TIA

How about aqua spa cafe in the solarium. It's open to everyone, free, and not usually crowded.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Is Aqua Spa cafe open for lunch on embarkation day? I didn't think it was last time we were on board but that's been a year so maybe that's changed? Def a good option if so!