11am flight out of orlando; making it?

Hi all, I have a flight out of orlando at 11AM on disembarkation day from oasis. What is the best option to make sure I get to my flight on time :D?

We are on the April 23rd Oasis, and are using Cortrans service to get back to MCO. They are picking us up at 9am for an 11:45 flight. Fingers crossed we make it !

We are on the April 23rd Oasis, and are using Cortrans service to get back to MCO. They are picking us up at 9am for an 11:45 flight. Fingers crossed we make it !

I would have an earlier pickup than 9am!!

Just too close for my comfort level.....:o:o

I'd arrange for pickup no later than 8:30am.

It all seems to depend on your comfort level with risk. I was hoping to take an 11:40 AM after my cruise in June. My TA said that we COULD make it, but everything would have to go perfectly. A late arrival, delay at customs, traffic accident, etc. and we'd miss the flight. The next flight is at 5:40 PM. We decided to just take the late flight and go to Kennedy Space Center. My son, a science geek, will love it.

Mark

Great advise, best tour I have ever taken.

I'm following this thread because my daughter and I will be getting off the Majesty on Friday 4/21 and catching an 11am direct Southwest flight home out of MCO. We will self-assist debark and have carryon baggage only. I was thinking my best bet would be coughing up the cash for a cab rather than have to search for a specific driver/car service. Any thoughts? Heading to Orlando Monday AM for a 4-day Bahamas!

Hope you do but security queues are always long, personally i would arrange a transfer for no later than 8 am and carry my own cases off the ship.

43 cruises and counting.

We have been through MCO from Port Canaveral four times in the last year. If we had a flight before noon, we would self disembark around 7:30 and catch the 8:00-8:15 shuttle. That way, we would not stress about traffic or TSA lines (which could be long on Sundays from all the tourist flying out).

We have used Cortrans 3X and they have always gotten us to MCO on time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have been through MCO from Port Canaveral four times in the last year. If we had a flight before noon, we would self disembark around 7:30 and catch the 8:00-8:15 shuttle. That way, we would not stress about traffic or TSA lines (which could be long on Sundays from all the tourist flying out).

We have used Cortrans 3X and they have always gotten us to MCO on time.

We have flown out of MCO many times but Virgin flights back to the UK have always been after 18.30 pm so for us it is a case of having to much time.

43 cruises and counting.

We will be doing our first Oasis cruise next February from Port Canaveral and this thread has been very informative. We have a 9:30 am Cortran pickup and will be scheduling a flight no earlier than 1 or 2 pm.

Good idea i prefer to be checked in early for a flight and through security then you can relax and have something to eat and drink and shop if you want.

43 cruises and counting.

As another point, we just did self debarkation from the Oasis this morning. Got in the line at 6:45, and it was 8:25 before we cleared customs. The line was incredibly long, stretching from the gangway, through the restaurant, and outside along the jogging track all the way past the aft of the ship. Seems like too many people are doing it, and now it's not convenient. We basically have been in line carrying our luggage for almost two hours. Next time, I'll let Royal carry my bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks Bob, I just sent an email to them to change the time if possible. As it stands now, it's pickup at 8:45 leave by 9. We are in a GS, so we should get right thru security , again.....fingers crossed !

If you do self-assist disembarkation, based on what I've just read, you may want to get in line around 5am.

I'm following this thread because my daughter and I will be getting off the Majesty on Friday 4/21 and catching an 11am direct Southwest flight home out of MCO. We will self-assist debark and have carryon baggage only. I was thinking my best bet would be coughing up the cash for a cab rather than have to search for a specific driver/car service. Any thoughts? Heading to Orlando Monday AM for a 4-day Bahamas!

I would keep your eye on closures due to the current wild fires between PC and Orlando

on highway 528.

It amazes me that people accept advice about making flights from people that do not live in Florida so they do not know how Florida's traffic changes in different seasons .This is one area I would only take advice from locals .

Always give yourself plenty of time to get to the airport it is more relaxing having a meal or drink in the airport than being stuck in traffic etc.

43 cruises and counting.

Thanks Bob, I just sent an email to them to change the time if possible. As it stands now, it's pickup at 8:45 leave by 9. We are in a GS, so we should get right thru security , again.....fingers crossed !

Last February, when we were in a Sky class suite, our priority disembarkation took 15 mins from ship to curbside.

Last February, when we were in a Sky class suite, our priority disembarkation took 15 mins from ship to curbside.

What are the times for suite disembarkation?