Royal Refund "Sale"

I most have booked at just the right time for my cruise in August, my cabin is now $1,100 more than when I booked. I don't think I'll ever see that much of a drop.

I also think I got pretty lucky in the initial booking as this is a 9 day sailing, so the third night free gives a little more off than the two free nights you get on a 7 or 8.

None of the current prices on our booked cruises are within a few hundred dollars of when we booked, so yet another promo we cannot use.

I hear ya...as soon as it goes back to the never-ending 30% off, I'm out of luck as well

Over this weekend sale I saved $1.00 (;))...but it wasn't about this windfall. I was originally booked on Anthem in a D3 #9314 very far aft...I have and will continue to watch the availability...sailing in October 2017...and when I saw a D1 #9644 available I jumped on it. Keeping my $150. OBC from booking onboard Harmony last month but loosing my $250.00 C&A discount. Now I'm hoping a JS becomes open at a reasonable price....which it certainly isn't right now :eek:

Sometimes it pays to check the everlasting "sales" every once in awhile....

Just gave up my C&A discount on our JS 9618 cruise on Navigator in Nov. 2018. Price of the cruise went up $150, but came with $300 in OBC.

Nice, and you got the center hump with the JS!! We have 9318 on the Explorer in Alaska later this year....

Now if I could only get us $300 OBC......

Go Saints!!

Over this weekend sale I saved $1.00 (;))...but it wasn't about this windfall. I was originally booked on Anthem in a D3 #9314 very far aft...I have and will continue to watch the availability...sailing in October 2017...and when I saw a D1 #9644 available I jumped on it. Keeping my $150. OBC from booking onboard Harmony last month but loosing my $250.00 C&A discount. Now I'm hoping a JS becomes open at a reasonable price....which it certainly isn't right now :eek:

Why do you lose the C&A discount?

For me, it was a case of the OBC not being combinable with the C&A discount. I just lucked out that the stars aligned and the OBC was more than the discount. I've checked before and that usually isn't the case.

Not combinable with the weekend sale...seems like that's happening more & more with RCI. But I did go from a D3 to a D1 with a much better location larger balcony and for $1.00 less. That's the reason I called was to get that cabin...this cruise is a popular one and good locations/categories went a long time ago...this cruise wasn't really planned ... Just decided it while onboard last month....so kinda of a last minute decision....at least for me. I'm an early planner also booked a B2B for August 2018 and waiting for the Asia cruises to come out for 2019.

Anytime they offer a "promo OBC" or "instant discount", the C&A discount is not combinable. It usually serves as a way to exclude C&A members from a promo.

Anytime they offer a "promo OBC" or "instant discount", the C&A discount is not combinable. It usually serves as a way to exclude C&A members from a promo.

Ahhhh, the old "Bait & Switch"....Gotta love these "sales"

None of the current prices on our booked cruises are within a few hundred dollars of when we booked, so yet another promo we cannot use.

Nor are ours. By the way, it says up to $300 back. What determines the amount? Is there a schedule I'm missing?

Nor are ours. By the way, it says up to $300 back. What determines the amount? Is there a schedule I'm missing?

Onboard Credit

Bonus onboard credit is determined by sailing length and stateroom category booked:

• 5 Nights or less
    • Interior/Oceanview: $50 OBC per stateroom,
    • Balcony: $75 OBC per stateroom
    • Suite: $100 OBC per stateroom

[*]6 Nights or more

• Interior/Oceanview: $75 OBC per stateroom
    • Balcony: $200 OBC per stateroom
    • Suite: $300 OBC per stateroom

Onboard Credit

Bonus onboard credit is determined by sailing length and stateroom category booked:

• 5 Nights or less
    • Interior/Oceanview: $50 OBC per stateroom,
    • Balcony: $75 OBC per stateroom
    • Suite: $100 OBC per stateroom

[*]6 Nights or more

• Interior/Oceanview: $75 OBC per stateroom
    • Balcony: $200 OBC per stateroom
    • Suite: $300 OBC per stateroom

Thanks Ellen. Does it define "suite" anywhere? Wondering if a JS is included.