The Hits Keep Coming (Passport)

Garavar

Glad it all worked out in the end, OP. Smooth and happy cruising! I think they should up the passport validity period though.

We shall see, not going to count my chickens until they hatch.

Teenagers know inherently what the abbreviations mean, us older folk need to figure it out as we go along.:)

I had a 50 year old attorney email me today and wrote "Lmk" took me about 10 minutes to figure out what that meant.

It was business email too, we were discussing dropping a case so it's not like buddies texting back and forth. I was so confused.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

OP, I sure hope this works out for you and you are able to take the cruise. Please post tomorrow and let us know. And I hope you get a refund of the expedited fee as you didn't get what you paid for!

I misspoke on my first post, we leave for Orlando from Fort Lauderdale tomorrow. Majesty sails Friday.

If I get passport back undamaged I will call that a win. Not bothering seeking a refund.

We shall see, not going to count my chickens until they hatch.

I had a 50 year old attorney email me today and wrote "Lmk" took me about 10 minutes to figure out what that meant.

It was business email too, we were discussing dropping a case so it's not like buddies texting back and forth. I was so confused.

LOL, "Look my knee", "Love mom's knish", OH, "Let me know":D (yes, sometimes it does take time to figure them out). Since you have the regulations on your side and the email from Royal I suspect it will be clear sailing. I will keep my fingers crossed that the final chicken does hatch for you.

I had my entire family's passports and supporting documentation in the Passport agency in New Orleans when Katrina hit. They were scheduled to be mailed out a few days after it hit. The whole first floors of the building was under water as well as the whole area. I was very surprised when they showed up 2 weeks later. Apparently the passports were either evacutated or shortly retireved after the hurricane hit.

Hopefully, they can do the same here.

That's exactly what happened to us for our first cruise Nov.2005. I was worried that we wouldn't get ours, but like you they arrived a couple weeks later.

Also I am fairly certain no one can go for you

I am going to try Broward County Florida Records Office as suggested above.

You're right that a casual friend cannot go in and pick up an official copy of your birth certificate. You can get your child or your spouse's birth certificate -- maybe a parent's birth certificate? Not sure about that.

But, yes, the Records Office (we call it the Register of Deeds, and it's in the local courthouse) does this.

I will update again when we try to get off. See what happens then.

Thanks for support everyone

No problem. The cruise ship will not allow you to board if you don't have the documents to go through US Customs when you return. They don't want you stuck in their terminal.

I will update again when we try to get off. See what happens then.

Thanks for support everyone

What are they going to do, make you stay on the ship?:D CBP will have already vetted you and every other passenger while the cruise is ongoing so all they are really doing is making sure you don't owe duty. I've never had a CBP officer look that closely at our birth certificates (although one did comment on the age of DW's naturalization certificate and one or two may have suggested getting a passport, which they are trained to do). Have a great cruise!

So we got off the ship easily, gave global entry cards and we were out.

We get home and passports (old and new) are sitting on front porch.

Mailed via UPS overnight on April 27 and left on our porch Friday April 28 at 9:47 am.

The incompetence of the government just never ceases to amaze me. We called them everyday asking them to overnight the passport but said they couldnt.

Then they do it without telling us and let it sit there for 4 days.

Another baffling thing I noticed is it was shipped from New Orleans to our home in Florida. That means that new and old passport were mailed from Miami to New Orleans then overnighted to our house. Seems like a waste of a few days there.

Mailed via UPS overnight on April 27 and left on our porch Friday April 28 at 9:47 am.

The incompetence of the government just never ceases to amaze me. We called them everyday asking them to overnight the passport but said they couldnt.

Another baffling thing I noticed is it was shipped from New Orleans to our home in Florida. That means that new and old passport were mailed from Miami to New Orleans then overnighted to our house. Seems like a waste of a few days there.

Might want to start on the renewal for the new passports now:D. Glad that it all worked out in the end.

They probably had a security team retrieve everything that is held in their secure area and transported by guards to the New Orleans office where it was then sorted and processed. Passports are very valuable documents and maintaining protocol is vital to the safety of our country. Of course they lapsed heavily on that by having it mailed without any signature requirement to you!

Gezz, they do the best they can and you complain.

Gezz, they do the best they can and you complain.

The best they can? They wouldn't answer a single question, told me to fly to Atlanta or New Orleans.

If they had said "don't worry we took the passport and will mail it to you" that would be the best they could do.

The best they can? They wouldn't answer a single question, told me to fly to Atlanta or New Orleans.

If they had said "don't worry we took the passport and will mail it to you" that would be the best they could do.

That's part of the problem, someone at the agency knows the answer but that is rarely the person that is on the phone.