The Hits Keep Coming (Passport)

Garavar

WAIT! She's OK. Not ideal as with a passport, but still okay.

SOURCE: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/travelDocumentation.do

"CRUISES FROM A UNITED STATES PORT

The following requirements are for sailings from a United States port to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada/New England, Hawaii, Alaska, Panama Canal and Mexico.

United States and Canadian Citizens:

You MUST have one of the following:

- OR -

• Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) or Trusted Travel Documents. Click here for a list of all approved documents"

Now, that link is broken (the WHTI) link. However ... a quick trip to The Googles gives me the CBP page that specifies that Global Entry is considered a Trusted Traveler program! https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs

*happydance*

I think you might be able to get a birth certificate online for those born in NYC from the Dept of Vital Statistics/Records. I don't think it is instant but it is worth a try, Good luck,

Said I will get it in 5 business days. No shot, leave Thursday

WAIT! She's OK. Not ideal as with a passport, but still okay.

SOURCE: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/travelDocumentation.do

"CRUISES FROM A UNITED STATES PORT

The following requirements are for sailings from a United States port to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada/New England, Hawaii, Alaska, Panama Canal and Mexico.

United States and Canadian Citizens:

You MUST have one of the following:

- OR -

• Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) or Trusted Travel Documents. Click here for a list of all approved documents"

Now, that link is broken (the WHTI) link. However ... a quick trip to The Googles gives me the CBP page that specifies that Global Entry is considered a Trusted Traveler program! https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs

*happydance*

Trying these right now

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

Travel.state.gov doesn't include Global entry:

What types of documents are accepted for entry into the United States via land and sea?

U.S. citizens can present a valid: U.S. Passport; Passport Card; Enhanced Driver’s License;*Trusted Traveler Program*card (NEXUS, SENTRI or FAST); U.S. Military identification card when traveling on official orders; U.S. Merchant Mariner document when traveling in conjunction with official maritime business; or Form I-872 American Indian Card, or (when available) Enhanced Tribal Card.

Get the birth certificate copy notarized and bring a copy of the Miami Herald article about the flooding. Present it with Global Entry Card and DL.

I don't know if it will work, but at this point, I don't know what your other options are.

What types of documents are accepted for entry into the United States via land and sea?

U.S. citizens can present a valid: U.S. Passport; Passport Card; Enhanced Driver’s License;*Trusted Traveler Program*card (NEXUS, SENTRI or FAST); U.S. Military identification card when traveling on official orders; U.S. Merchant Mariner document when traveling in conjunction with official maritime business; or Form I-872 American Indian Card, or (when available) Enhanced Tribal Card.

Global Entry is the main Trusted Traveler Program https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry

Obviously being able to retrieve the passport or a certified copy of the birth certificate is the ideal, but if that falls through, bringing the global entry card, a copy of the birth certificate, and a copy of the old passport hopefully will be enough to get you on the cruise. Take this with a grain of salt given that it was a couple years ago and on another cruise line, but in the fall of 2014 I sailed on a closed loop Princess cruise with a friend. She was running late, left her passport at home and also did not have her birth certificate with her. We did not have time to go retrieve a passport or birth certificate. All she had was a scanned copy of her passport on her phone and her driver's license. I was expecting they would not let her on and was floored when I told the check in agent what documents she had and she said it would be fine, she just needed to sign affidavit that she was a US citizen. Apparently the fact that her passport information was in the system already from completing online check in was important.

They told her not to miss the ship at the foreign port and the immigration agent questioned her a bit more than normal upon return, but she definitely did not have anywhere near the documents that she has, and was let on the ship. Good luck!

When you click on the Trusted Traveler link in the paragraph you quoted, it takes you to the Global Entry page. That particular page hasn't been updated since 2015.

I feel like you're waiting for someone to wave a magic wand for you! You have been given so many options and suggestions but found fault with all of them. They're not going to break about a million privacy and safety laws and send someone in to a flooded building full of electronics and personal documents and data just to get a few passports out. There is a procedure for a lot of very good reasons, the security of our nation being the highest priority reason I can think of. You are going to have to either trust that you have sufficient documentation to make it, or schlep to wherever you need to go to ensure you do. That's the deal at the end of the day.

I have Michigan Enhanced Drivers myself, Use it for Open and Closed....

If you're using a copy of the birth certificate, does it have her current name? If not you'll need a bridging document (like a marriage certificate). Last time I cruised with Royal I had 2 of one kid's certificate and none of the other and they accepted a faxed copy. Bring the copy of her birth certificate and hope for the best!

I think you might be able to get a birth certificate online for those born in NYC from the Dept of Vital Statistics/Records. I don't think it is instant but it is worth a try, Good luck,

Don't they usually require a document with a raised seal.

The DHS regulations state that a birth certificate can be either an original or a copy and the Global Entry card is a trusted traveler document so I believe with either or both of these you will be okay. In any event if you aren't able to get your passport it is better to show up with what you have than not to show up at all. Good luck!

should call the National Passport Information Center at 877-487-2778 or 888-874-7793 (TTY/TTD). Trust me if you call this number you can get your passports overnight if you tell them what is going on If your applications were in the system they can see that your story is legit. They can pull up all your records and get one to but may need new photos to do so. Whatever give them a call I worked there many years ago and they knock themselves out to get you the passports in time They can even have them shipped to the ship you are going on if they have to. Give them a call

should call the National Passport Information Center at 877-487-2778 or 888-874-7793 (TTY/TTD). Trust me if you call this number you can get your passports overnight if you tell them what is going on If your applications were in the system they can see that your story is legit. They can pull up all your records and get one to but may need new photos to do so. Whatever give them a call I worked there many years ago and they knock themselves out to get you the passports in time They can even have them shipped to the ship you are going on if they have to. Give them a call

Called them 5 times. Spoke to 5 different people and a supervisor. They all said "Fly to Atlanta"

Call them for me, I'll pay you if you get it done. How much you want?

The DHS regulations state that a birth certificate can be either an original or a copy and the Global Entry card is a trusted traveler document so I believe with either or both of these you will be okay. In any event if you aren't able to get your passport it is better to show up with what you have than not to show up at all. Good luck!

We are going to show up with a copy of her passport, copy of her birth certificate (not Certified), global entry card, copy of our receipt for same day service which says come back Friday and a printed copy of story from news sites.

We will see what happens.

In the meantime I keep calling the number Sharon mentioned to see if status has changed or someone is actually willing to help.

I also put in a call to VisaCentral but haven't heard back.

Called all NY agencies no one can help me get certified copy of birth certificate. They all told me to use vitalcheck. Vitalcheck said 5 business days is rush.

We are going to show up with a copy of her passport, copy of her birth certificate (not Certified), global entry card, copy of our receipt for same day service which says come back Friday and a printed copy of story from news sites.

We will see what happens.

In the meantime I keep calling the number Sharon mentioned to see if status has changed or someone is actually willing to help.

I also put in a call to VisaCentral but haven't heard back.

Called all NY agencies no one can help me get certified copy of birth certificate. They all told me to use vitalcheck. Vitalcheck said 5 business days is rush.

The copy needn't be certified (which is really what you are getting from the state, a certified copy, which is what most people consider to be the original). I presented a copy of my birth certificate on another line and no one looked twice at it and I have also read of numerous posts by people whose trip was saved by a faxed copy of their birth certificate. As mentioned bring a copy of your marriage certificate if DW's name has changed.

I have been on cruises twice with friends/family members that they did not bring their birth certificates to Florida for the cruise. Both time we had them faxed to the hotel, printed out and then we "roughed" them up a little (folded and dogeared). There were no questions asked. However, coming back customs did question them for a moment.

I've had to do this before, you are fine with any old copy of a birth certificate. No cert. necessary. The one we used was from a military birthing too, no issues at all. I'd venture you can probably download a copy of a NY birth cert. online and modify it in Photoshop, print on regular old paper and be fine, not that I'm advocating that....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sorry for the OP on this one, but it makes for a real time "lessons learned" for all of us to double check our passports and not leave things like this to the last minute.

The passport wasnt expired. We travel every month (pretty much every 3 weeks). We did this at Passport agency so we wouldn't have to mail our passports in and worry about them getting lost or delayed in mail.

No lesson here, except travel less?