Will Royal Caribbean crew members take pictures on my cell phone?

The photographers are NOT crew members. They make their money from the photos they take. So, no, they will not take photos of you with your cellphone. You can ask the dining room staff if they are not too busy serving or your room steward.

The photographers are NOT crew members. They make their money from the photos they take. So, no, they will not take photos of you with your cellphone. You can ask the dining room staff if they are not too busy serving or your room steward.

.......as well as many other crew members, just not the official phorographers. I've had a pic taken by the hotel director!

We have always had good luck with asking a fellow passenger to take a pic for us. Same with dining staff although we wait till the meal is wrapping up, when they aren't so busy. I would not think to ask a photographer, seeing as taking photos and charging for them is what they are there for.

We have always had good luck with asking a fellow passenger to take a pic for us. Same with dining staff although we wait till the meal is wrapping up, when they aren't so busy. I would not think to ask a photographer, seeing as taking photos and charging for them is what they are there for.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Forums mobile app

On embarkation day on Freedom two years ago, I asked the bartender at Bolero's if he would take a picture of me and my daughter with our first drinks of that cruise. Not only did he take a couple of shots of us but then he asked the other bartender to take one of him! Then he took a few funny selfies with the other bartender and one of him hamming it up with us in the background! He had us in stitches laughing at his antics. All the pictures came out great and he became our favorite bartender that cruise!

a8fa933dcb5aa9c7367b215f0c34cec8.jpg

And as the other posters have mentioned, don't hesitate to ask your waiter or other staff or passengers to take your picture.

~ Judy

On Freedom, during most of the character meet & greets there was a staff member there in addition to the photographer and we always found them more than willing to take pictures. There were Meet & Greets that were labeled in the Compass as being professional photo ops and no personal cameras welcome, but at all the rest we had no problem getting a family picture.