Why do I have to keep signing into Cruise Critic

Gracie115

I've been having this problem since the new install. I think it has gotten worse in the past week. I can't even move from page to page in the same thread without having to log on repeatedly. It's sad but I find myself spending less and less time on Cruise Critic. So frustrating.

Yes, exactly...it is worse in the last week or so.... I posted once this morning and then had to sign in yet again to look at another thread.....

It does NOT happen with my IPAD....:confused:

I haven't had to log in repeatedly, though I do have to log in at the beginning, each time I first go to CC, but I've always had to do that and it doesn't bother me. But since the change, every time I log on (I use Firefox) I get a warning that the website isn't secure and my login could be compromised. Tried Safari but I get inundated with nonstop pop-ups.

Same problem...on desktop, iPad and iPhone...sent a note to Cruise Critic...got the general response about cookies. I did everything they suggested and still have the problem. Yes, I've hit "remember me" every time, but no luck.

It's a small annoyance, but it's been going on for weeks.

Yippee, it seems to be back to normal today. Hope I am not speaking too soon. We have a 14 day on the Eclipse a few weeks from now so I am checking the boards and the RC a few times a day. Signing in each time was getting old fast!

Yippee, it seems to be back to normal today. Hope I am not speaking too soon. We have a 14 day on the Eclipse a few weeks from now so I am checking the boards and the RC a few times a day. Signing in each time was getting old fast!

Well I hope you're right...but I've had to sign in three times today....:confused:

I emailed Cruise Critics at help@cruisecritic.com earlier this week and their reply was in part:

"We haven't had other reports of this, so it might just be something with your computer.

What you describe is often the result of an issue with cookie settings in your browser's security set up."

I haven't made any changes to my computer or cookie settings and I remember this happening a while ago when they were designing the new system.

If you are having problems I suggest you contact CC.

That if funny, because it happens to me a couple times a day, and it makes no difference if I'm on my IPad/safari or my laptop/I.E. I get it. I also have signed in to post to my roll call and when I hit submit reply and it wants me to sign in again, once it even lost my post altogether. Very Frustrating! :eek::confused::o:loudcry:

Yippee, it seems to be back to normal today. Hope I am not speaking too soon.

Not working normal yet...had to log in multiple times today....:(

I knew I posted old soon. Tonight I was promoted to sign in, but at least they had my username and password already entered and secreted. I just had to hit go. Looks like I'm halfway there if it at least retains my info.

It's very annoying

This is so queer. I stay signed into CC from my work computer, my iMac at home, and my iPad. I have never logged out of CC on any device... and have never been asked to sign in except for the first time on each device. I wonder what the common piece of this puzzle is? I am reading this on the Celebrity forum... have any of you posted this issue under the thread about issues with the updated CC look and associated glitches?

This is so queer. I stay signed into CC from my work computer, my iMac at home, and my iPad. I have never logged out of CC on any device... and have never been asked to sign in except for the first time on each device. I wonder what the common piece of this puzzle is? I am reading this on the Celebrity forum... have any of you posted this issue under the thread about issues with the updated CC look and associated glitches?

Yes, it has been reported on the bugs thread and the response was that it was our cookies. Nope, too many people with a variety of computers/phones/pads are reporting the problem. I directed CC to this thread so maybe they can see that It is widespread.

This issue is still going on. Its the second occasion. I complained and complained and the problem went away. Now it has returned. It is doubly annoying as it seems to occur on a thread by thread basis and its not consistent

I would chalk it up to cookies/cache, however after deleting both and logging in anew the problem persists. When I freshly log in after deleting all of that and go from posting on the X board to my roll call, or from one thread to another I am told I need to log in again to be able to post. I always check remember me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I am having the same problem as you and it has been going on all this past week. It is so annoying and Celebrity cannot give me a straight answer to the problem. I have called a few times and each time I get a different answer!!

Sheila

Sorry, I don't understand your reply to the OP's question.

I must be getting senile. I'm old. and maybe I missed something. The OP comments seem to be directed at Cruise Critic and not the Celebrity' website?

I could be wrong.

Sorry, I don't understand your reply to the OP's question.

I must be getting senile. I'm old. and maybe I missed something. The OP comments seem to be directed at Cruise Critic and not the Celebrity' website?

I could be wrong.

Yea, I think sheals got a little confused. It is a CC problem, not Celebrity. Unfortunately, CC doesn't want to take ownership of the problem. Maybe if we all email help@cruisecritic.com, they will do something.

Same issue here, using Edge. As others have mentioned, it's been much worse with the new format (which STILL has too much white space, by the way!). I've even had to log in again mid-session when I switched from one board to another, especially when going to or leaving a roll call.

Edit: By the way, shouldn't this be moved to "Ask a Cruise Question" since it's a CC, not a Celebrity issue?

I'm not talking about the X website...I'm talking about Cruise Critic.....and it just happened again...had to sign in to answer this post.....:mad:

I haven't used the CC site in years. I always access it though Tapatalk. Much more user friendly [emoji74]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk