West Quay Parking

Krissyboi

31 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

I am not sure if it is  closed at night as it states on their website open 24hrs if so West Quay multi storey car park is open to anyone, parking their car or up to no good and with no security 24/7 it is not somewhere I would be happy to park my car. Just to save a few quid I would rather use Parking4Cruises and know that it is parked in a secure car park with security and the knowledge that my car is at the terminal for my disembarkation without having to worry about getting to West Quay.

I agree with you totally. I know West Quay is cheap, but in comparison to the cost of a cruise, spending  a bit extra so I can jump straight into our car once we get off the ship,  without faffing about with taxis and walking around a multistorey with assorted luggage , is worth ever penny.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

I agree with you totally. I know West Quay is cheap, but in comparison to the cost of a cruise, spending  a bit extra so I can jump straight into our car once we get off the ship,  without faffing about with taxis and walking around a multistorey with assorted luggage , is worth ever penny.

Only done CPS once very recently and it wasn't the usual just drive up leave car experience more like drive here for testing drive there to drop off and board and I could get lost turning left in my own town and believe me I got very lost' I don't think there was a volunteer steward who I didn't speak to and one chap I saw 4 times finally got in the car and took me there that is how bad I am. BUT it was super convenient especially disembarking. I will not use the coach again and it as worth every penny.

19 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Only done CPS once very recently and it wasn't the usual just drive up leave car experience more like drive here for testing drive there to drop off and board and I could get lost turning left in my own town and believe me I got very lost' I don't think there was a volunteer steward who I didn't speak to and one chap I saw 4 times finally got in the car and took me there that is how bad I am. BUT it was super convenient especially disembarking. I will not use the coach again and it as worth every penny.

It is a bit more complicated now you have to be tested in your car before driving to the terminal, I agree.

5 hours ago, ccpm said:

By December 2022 we all hope that everything will be back to normal and you will be able to drive direct to terminal and leave your car in the hands of CPS (approx £125) or P4C (approx £105) for a 10 night cruise.

We found using P4C last month very convenient.  Dumped our bags off at the drop off point.   Then leave the car with the P4C rep in the short term car park, and saunter over to the terminal for walk through testing prior to check in.

On return walking over to the short term car park was probably the same distance as for the CPS customers. 

For our 12 night cruise P4C were about £30 cheaper than CPS.

1 minute ago, Son of Anarchy said:

We found using P4C last month very convenient.  Dumped our bags off at the drop off point.   Then leave the car with the P4C rep in the short term car park, and saunter over to the terminal for walk through testing prior to check in.

On return walking over to the short term car park was probably the same distance as for the CPS customers. 

For our 12 night cruise P4C were about £30 cheaper than CPS.

Was this Ocean terminal, and Is it the accepted practise with P4C to use the Ocean terminal for testing and not to go first to the Mayflower drive through testing station?

6 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Was this Ocean terminal, and Is it the accepted practise with P4C to use the Ocean terminal for testing and not to go first to the Mayflower drive through testing station?

It was indeed Ocean terminal.  For Covid testing, as far as I am aware pax using P4C are treated in the same way as those arriving by taxi or being dropped off by family/friends or even those walking from the railway station.  So you simply drive to whichever terminal the ship is docked at and do the walk through test there.

We're booked with P4C next month. At the moment our ship is scheduled to be at Mayflower.  Nothing from P4C so far to tell us anything different re where to go.

21 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

This was a grey area.  The wording was that if arriving by car (no mention of any particular carpark) you went to the drive in centre.

Niw P&O clearly state that if parking with CPS you use the drive through centre, everyone else tests at the terminal.

I wonder if the drive in centre was getting too congested with P4C customers using it ?

As this is about West Quay, I don't want to put a damper on today but thought I ought to mention the following.

13th December Premier Inn.  We noticed the new building and that it had a car park for that new building..clearly marked as such, but in other years we have always parked up taken our cases in and then gone to the multi storey.   We presumed that the bit of car park outside PI reception was ok as a drop off.   It may still be but not for long.

Me being partly disabled, but moreso after a long journey, it was difficult for OH.  He took me in first then the cases.

When returning from cruise we had a fine of £60... parking for 12 and a half minutes!!!!!  BE AWARE AND MINDFUL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

As this is about West Quay, I don't want to put a damper on today but thought I ought to mention the following.

13th December Premier Inn.  We noticed the new building and that it had a car park for that new building..clearly marked as such, but in other years we have always parked up taken our cases in and then gone to the multi storey.   We presumed that the bit of car park outside PI reception was ok as a drop off.   It may still be but not for long.

Me being partly disabled, but moreso after a long journey, it was difficult for OH.  He took me in first then the cases.

When returning from cruise we had a fine of £60... parking for 12 and a half minutes!!!!!  BE AWARE AND MINDFUL.

I have always parked  Here  and never had any issue and sorry to read you had a parking fine .

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

This was a grey area.  The wording was that if arriving by car (no mention of any particular carpark) you went to the drive in centre.

Niw P&O clearly state that if parking with CPS you use the drive through centre, everyone else tests at the terminal.

I wonder if the drive in centre was getting too congested with P4C customers using it ?

Don't know if P4C customers were making it more congested, but I will be more than happy to use the walk through testing station if and when I next cruise, rather than the Mayflower drive through.

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Don't know if P4C customers were making it more congested, but I will be more than happy to use the walk through testing station if and when I next cruise, rather than the Mayflower drive through.

Can I ask why ? Although pretty efficient, there was quite a lot of queueing and hanging around when we used the walk through centre. I would have thought that waiting in your car to be tested would be far more comfortable. 

12 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Can I ask why ? Although pretty efficient, there was quite a lot of queueing and hanging around when we used the walk through centre. I would have thought that waiting in your car to be tested would be far more comfortable. 

Just personal preference wowzz, I always hated the CPS system where you queued up in lines in the car park, much prefer to be on the terminal even of it does mean waiting there.

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Just personal preference wowzz, I always hated the CPS system where you queued up in lines in the car park, much prefer to be on the terminal even of it does mean waiting there.

Thanks.  We are using CPS in March, and, assuming testing is still required, hope that our text message comes through while we wait to hand the keys over. The terminal waiting area was pretty congested in October, when we had to wait for our results.

On 1/1/2022 at 2:50 PM, wowzz said:

Thanks.  We are using CPS in March, and, assuming testing is still required, hope that our text message comes through while we wait to hand the keys over. The terminal waiting area was pretty congested in October, when we had to wait for our results.

In October we hired a car to drive down there dropped the car off, and they got us a taxi at there expense to take us to the bag drop off, than we was in a very long queue waiting to be tested with no opportunity to sit down ( beloved waiting for knee replacement ), we would not want to go through that experience again in a hurry.

9 minutes ago, so,ton saint said:

Try giving  Penguin cruise parking a call opposite  Carnival U.K and have a five minuet Transfer with cases strait outside the bag drop of at any Terminal.

One issue with Penguin is that they do not give a refund if you have to cancel.