Equinox LIVE!! 5.5.17 Dragon of the Seas goes to the ABCs

Happy Cinco de Mayo!! I hope you will join my DH and I as we visit the Southern Caribbean on the beautiful Celebrity Equinox.

We booked this cruise when Celebrity abruptly cancelled the Mediterranean season for the Equinox. With an empty ship to fill they offered the Go Best package and great prices. [free grats, internet, premium drink package and onboard credit] with our balcony cabin.

We were on the Equinox 2.5 months ago on the Madri Gras cruise. I did a live thread for that, too. If you are interested it can be found here. -- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2459810

We will be on the ship soon. Talk to you then

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

We booked when those itineraries were released also..great deal that we couldn't pass up, however we don't sail until late October so I'll be following your review closely! I'm sure you'll have a great time, do you think you could check to see whether Gastrobar is serving food at lunchtime today? We're trying to avoid eating our embarkation lunch at the buffet..

Thanks and enjoy!!

The original itinerary for this Cruise said that we would leave at 4 p.m. However someone on our roll call mentioned they got a notice that we would be leaving at 3:30 p.m. I never got that. It must have gone into my spam folder

We all got email, text, phone calls two days ago warning us about a big concert today in Miami. They said to make sure we got to the port early. I got here at 10:45 a.m. and it took me an hour and 20 minutes to get on board the ship. There was quite a crowd. We were glad we arrived early because the weather turned stormy.

Barwick Cruiser. . . The only things open for lunch are the Ocean View cafe on deck 14, the Mast Grill on 14 which has only hamburgers and hotdogs on a grill , Sushi on 5 for a fee, and Aqua Spa cafe in the Solarium. It does not open until 2 p.m.

they announced the cabins would not be ready until 1:30 p.m. So we are sitting under the overhang on the pool deck. Watching it rain in Miami. It really is true that a rainy day on vacation is better than a sunny day at work.:D

We're on the same cruise as Barwick. Couldn't resist the deal either. There are 2 live reviews being posted now, much appreciated.

I haven't had a chance to look at all the other postings on the celebrity board yet. Thanks for mentioning it I'll have to look and find the other thread.

I will be posting pictures too, later

After a couple of hours of rain the weather has cleared and we have a beautiful afternoon. This was one of the prettier sail-aways we have had. The Miami skyline is great. I hope you do not get tired of seeing these pics!

P5050013_zps4ziu0nbf.jpg

Beautiful houses and boats.

P5050023_zpskzxs4xvl.jpg

Even a small sea plane "airport."

P5050018_zpsxlhwy5vh.jpg

P5050019_zpszgqpqubw.jpg

So many boats in the bay.

P5050014_zpsitpkagg8.jpg

We saw this draw bridge from the port, but I could not see any reason it was open.

P5050011_zps7gmtzlyj.jpg

This is the Miami Coast Guard station. I think this must be a plum assignment.

P5050029_zpspkota4sn.jpg

South Beach:

P5050033_zpsaf33ikhn.jpg

P5050035_zps6vjhqazc.jpg

P5050037_zpsle0dq8i9.jpg

That is all for now. I will post a few pics of the ship later. It is think for an adult beverage. :D

Following along glad the rain stopped for you. What kind of stateroom do you have hope you will post some pictures of it.

Thanks for following. :p

We have a 2 B stateroom. It is not classified as an obstructed view. We are on deck 6. There is a roof of some kind below us. If you stand at the railing and look straight down you see it. There are no life boats.

On our previous cruise we had a concierge cabin on deck 10. I will compare those as we go along to give people an idea of the difference.

However, on the cabin crawl we did on the last cruise I realized the size of the cabin are the same on the S- class for Veranda, Aqua Class and Concierge class [the location is different]. We booked a concierge class to get the perks last time. This time we got them on the veranda and booked that. I am thrifty.. . . some will say cheap. :rolleyes:

I am too tired tonight to do much else. So, I will end with my favorite picture on any cruise. . . . the first sunset.

P5050008%202_zpsqszphctb.jpg

Time falls back an hour tonight so we are ready for Grand Cayman. I was told all of our other stops are on eastern time.

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

My kids are on this cruise also with you. You would only meet them at the sunset bar. They are Steve and Diane from Virginia and if you possibly run into them tell them hi from his parents. We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Equinox. We sailed her January/February this year to the Western side which we really don't care for but it was just great being on board.

Looking forward to your live posts.

Pat C

My kids are on this cruise also with you. You would only meet them at the sunset bar. They are Steve and Diane from Virginia and if you possibly run into them tell them hi from his parents. We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Equinox. We sailed her January/February this year to the Western side which we really don't care for but it was just great being on board.

Pat C

I am sure we will check out the Sunset bar a few times. :rolleyes: If we meet them we will tell them hello.

There is a little motion to the ocean this morning. You can not tell why by looking at the sea. There are no white caps or big waves. However, we do have a few angry clouds overhead. Hopefully we will sail out of the area before it rains. I can see blue sky in the distance.

The solarium pool is like a wave pool. No need to go to Six Flags! :D I am sitting here having my morning coffee and enjoying the peace.

I will post the ship/cabin pictures later.

There is a little motion to the ocean this morning. You can not tell why by looking at the sea. There are no white caps or big waves. However, we do have a few angry clouds overhead. Hopefully we will sail out of the area before it rains. I can see blue sky in the distance.

The solarium pool is like a wave pool. No need to go to Six Flags! :D I am sitting here having my morning coffee and enjoying the peace.

I will post the ship/cabin pictures later.

Looking forward to your review!

We are on the Equinox in 6 weeks and then in the end of October.

Looking forward to your review!

We are on the Equinox in 6 weeks and then in the end of October.

That seems to be the theme. Most people we have talked to booked during the first few days of the redeployment they booked this cruise and one in the fall. I am kicking myself I did not do the same thing. :D

The Martini Bar was my favorite bar last night. the bar top itself is frozen. . . . the better to keep the drinks cold.

P5050005%202_zps3t0qznkw.jpg

This was the pool deck yesterday afternoon. there were not many on deck. [they had just made the announcement the cabins were ready]

P5050016_zpsklbm5bvh.jpg

P5050017_zpsutq8jizz.jpg

Here is the solarium. This was yesterday. However, we were able to find seats in here this morning without any trouble.

P5050026_zpsoyuvtpim.jpg

P5050025_zpstfen0fsa.jpg

Pat C

So Funny Pat C, Steve and Diane are my Friends, Steve use to work for me, I know they will have a great time, My wife and I are Cruising the Equinox 7-9-17, Can't wait. Steve and Diane are the reason we always cruise Celebrity. So funny!!

Lou