Live From the Pacific Princess May 12, 2017 Panama Canal Cruise

Woobstr112G

Regarding the Pacific Princess Owner's Suite one thing I forgot to mention is if we had a magic wand one thing we would like to be different about it is the balcony sections beneath the railings are solid rather than the blue plexi-type material on the other ships.

It is part of the design, and presumably has structural aspects to it, so it likely has to be that way.

It certainly doesn't ruin a great cruising experience - it's just a minor thing that if we did have that magic wand we'd use it for that...

Enjoy the small ship experience and a great Owner's Suite - you are sure to love It!

Color us envious!!! [emoji4]

We are going to try and meet up with some other roll call members for dinner later this evening in Long Beach.

There are a lot of great restaurants in Long Beach. I hope you are able to arrange something, and I look forward to a report on tonight's dinner. :D

Have a great cruise.

There are a lot of great restaurants in Long Beach. I hope you are able to arrange something, and I look forward to a report on tonight's dinner. :D

Have a great cruise.

We are meeting up for dinner at an Irish pub/Restaurant called the Auld Dubliner. I'm very much looking forward to it.....:):):)

Bob

Regarding the Pacific Princess Owner's Suite one thing I forgot to mention is if we had a magic wand one thing we would like to be different about it is the balcony sections beneath the railings are solid rather than the blue plexi-type material on the other ships.

It is part of the design, and presumably has structural aspects to it, so it likely has to be that way.

It certainly doesn't ruin a great cruising experience - it's just a minor thing that if we did have that magic wand we'd use it for that...

Enjoy the small ship experience and a great Owner's Suite - you are sure to love It!

Color us envious!!! [emoji4]

I've been looking forward to that OS for the last 698 days we've had this cruise booked.....:D:D:D

Bob

Bob,

Have followed most of your "Live From" over the past number of years. Looking forward to this one.

Have done the partial transit but would like to do the full some day.

Have fun.

Judy

Good evening all. I just got back from meeting a group of fellow roll call members for dinner. We met up at the Auld Dubliner Bar/Restaurant in Long Beach. We had a great time and all cannot wait till embarkation tomorrow. Gonna close up my suitcases in a bit and put the luggage tags on. The hotel shuttle will be picking us up at 1030 for the short drive to the cruise terminal.

It doesn't seem possible, but a cruise I've had booked since June 13, 2015 starts tomorrow.....:):):)

Bob

Hi Bob,

Bon Voyage to you and Holli. I can't wait to sail with you vicariously and hear your thoughts on the Pacific Princess.

Well hello there stranger. Long time no see. I will pass on your regards to Holli and ask only that you pass on our regards to Bruce.....:):):)

Bob

Good morning all. Well embarkation day is finally here. As expected, I got very little sleep as I am just too dang excited about boarding the Pacific Princess later this morning. Just sitting here with my Macbook Pro and a couple cups of coffee till it's time for breakfast. After that we'll get our bags downstairs so the shuttle can take them to the ship. I'm really looking forward to only having to deal with 600 people during embarkation. In the past there have some instances where embarkation was a mess because of the number of people boarding.

Well that's all for now. I'm very anxious to get on board and start reporting on my adventures.....:):):)

Take Care

Bob

Good morning all. Well embarkation day is finally here. As expected, I got very little sleep as I am just too dang excited about boarding the Pacific Princess later this morning. Just sitting here with my Macbook Pro and a couple cups of coffee till it's time for breakfast. After that we'll get our bags downstairs so the shuttle can take them to the ship. I'm really looking forward to only having to deal with 600 people during embarkation. In the past there have some instances where embarkation was a mess because of the number of people boarding.

Well that's all for now. I'm very anxious to get on board and start reporting on my adventures.....:):):)

Take Care

Bob

Darn, right after hitting the send button on the above post, I looked out our hotel room window and caught a glimpse of the PP sailing in. By the time I grabbed my camera and got outside she was out of range:(. Oh well, in several more hours we'll be onboard.....:)

Bob

While we haven't embarked in San Pedro before (we will for our first time later this year) our embarkation onto the Pacific Princess in Tahiti was super duper fast and easy. And I would think that was related much more to it being the PP and not so much where so I'd be surprised if you weren't pleased with your impending embarkation.

Enjoy! And as you walk around the ship for your first time imagine a simpler, more elegant time in a quaint country club type of setting. It's easy to do...

While we haven't embarked in San Pedro before (we will for our first time later this year) our embarkation onto the Pacific Princess in Tahiti was super duper fast and easy. And I would think that was related much more to it being the PP and not so much where so I'd be surprised if you weren't pleased with your impending embarkation.

Enjoy! And as you walk around the ship for your first time imagine a simpler, more elegant time in a quaint country club type of setting. It's easy to do...

I bet it is.....:):):)

Bob

Enjoy your cruise. We were aboard for the 14-day holiday cruise before the World Cruise. I really, really enjoyed the cruise. As everyone has said before, the ship is easy to get around. We spent a lot of time on the Promenade, the outside area of the buffet and the Pacific Lounge. Pre-dinner drinks at the Club Bar were also a must. Definitely be prepared for more movement. You'll get your exercise walking uphill/downhill a lot as the ship pitches. :)

I'll be following along as well. My parents are on this cruise and since I was picking them up at the airport and driving them to the port, I thought it'd be nice if I went on board for a couple of hours, so I signed up for the Bon Voyage Experience. It also gave me a chance to have an early Mother's Day lunch with my parents on board.

I just got home and I have to say, it was tough leaving the ship after being on board only a couple of hours <sigh>. (I thought about hiding out on board, but knew they'd eventually find me, and I didn't want a video of me being dragged off the ship to go viral :eek:).

I checked the webcam, and the ship is still in port. Then I got a text from my dad saying there's a delay and they won't be leaving until 7:30 or 8:00 tonight. Hopefully, they'll get whatever issue they have fixed and they'll all be on their way soon.

Bon voyage everyone (really wish I were going too).