Live From the Pacific Princess May 12, 2017 Panama Canal Cruise

Woobstr112G

Bob -

A couple years ago we also did our first small ship cruise on the Pacific Princess. It was a wonderful 2 weeks in French Polynesia including some post-cruise overwater bungalow time.

And we were also in an aft Owners Suite. The suite is lovely, large, and has a nicely separated living and bedroom areas with a large private master bath (plus the "public" half bath. The balcony is absolutely huge - literally too big for two people to use all the square footage. But the nice table and chairs are great for outdoor dining with a view plus the lounges are nap-ready. [emoji4]

Breakfast in Sabatini's was wonderful. Never busy as there aren't many full suites and most of the tables sit by floor-to-ceiling windows. There is absolutely no better way to begin a cruise day!

We're envious of your journey that is about to start and hope you enjoy every minute of it!

Good morning all from Palmdale Ca. Well as expected, I didn't get much sleep. I'm about 15 minutes away from taking our Misha to his vacation spot. After that, it's back to Palmdale for a few last minute errands. Hopefully after that, I'll be able to relax for a bit before the limo picks us up at 1300.

It doesn't seem real, but a cruise we booked back on June 13, 2015 is finally here......:D:D:D

Bob

Bob -

A couple years ago we also did our first small ship cruise on the Pacific Princess. It was a wonderful 2 weeks in French Polynesia including some post-cruise overwater bungalow time.

And we were also in an aft Owners Suite. The suite is lovely, large, and has a nicely separated living and bedroom areas with a large private master bath (plus the "public" half bath. The balcony is absolutely huge - literally too big for two people to use all the square footage. But the nice table and chairs are great for outdoor dining with a view plus the lounges are nap-ready. [emoji4]

Breakfast in Sabatini's was wonderful. Never busy as there aren't many full suites and most of the tables sit by floor-to-ceiling windows. There is absolutely no better way to begin a cruise day!

We're envious of your journey that is about to start and hope you enjoy every minute of it!

I'll give it a good run.....::D:D

Bob

Thanks for taking us all along on your adventure Bob.

I agree with all who said once you sail on this small ship you will be spoiled forever .

Can't wait to hear all about your trip! :D

A late good morning from Palmdale Ca. Just got back from running my final two errands after dropping Misha off at his pet hotel. Looks like I'll have to open up my suitcases because Holli just informed me that she has a few items:D she doesn't have room for in her luggage. Limo picks us up at 1300. I'm starting to tap my foot a bit as the waiting is getting to me. I want to be down in San Pedro now.....:):):)

Bob

Thanks for taking us all along on your adventure Bob.

I agree with all who said once you sail on this small ship you will be spoiled forever .

Can't wait to hear all about your trip! :D

I'm really looking forward to experiencing a small ship voyage. The best thing is with only 600 passengers, getting off at the end of the cruise in Ft. Lauderdale will be a breeze.....:):):)

Bob

A late good morning from Palmdale Ca. Just got back from running my final two errands after dropping Misha off at his pet hotel. Looks like I'll have to open up my suitcases because Holli just informed me that she has a few items:D she doesn't have room for in her luggage. Limo picks us up at 1300. I'm starting to tap my foot a bit as the waiting is getting to me. I want to be down in San Pedro now.....:):):)

Bob

l'm going to brag on my wife. She is, in fact, the best. Over the years our preparations for trips has evolved. We discovered some time ago that Mr. Cat is less stressed if we don't pack our bags in the master bedroom. So, all packing happens in a spare bedroom. I just lay out the clothes and things I want to take, and Mrs. XBGuy figures out a way to get it into our suitcases. Often, she frets a little that she might be packing too much, but my attitude is that if we need another suitcase, then let's pack another suitcase. We're taking a trip to have fun and relieve, not increase, stress.

Quick edit: I do select the wines that we are going to take and pack them into our wine tote.

Thanks Bob for starting your live from thread. Just got back last night from Amsterdam and trying to get caught up on everything. Just want to wish you and Holli a great Bon Voyage.

Have a fantstic time and looking forward to your posts.

Bob,

You will find the Pacific's OS much different than those on the Royal, although those suites are being re-categorized as S3 Penthouse suites. The OS are huge both inside and on the balcony. There is no wet bar and they have a combo whirlpool tub/shower and it is awkward getting into the tub to take a shower. Otherwise very nice suites. We were in 6091 (got a nice upsell offer [emoji4]) for a 12 day Med cruise last November

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Bob for starting your live from thread. Just got back last night from Amsterdam and trying to get caught up on everything. Just want to wish you and Holli a great Bon Voyage.

Have a fantstic time and looking forward to your posts.

Ann;

Glad you made it back to So Cal safely.....:):):)

Bob

Greetings from the Hilton Doubletree in San Pedro. We got here about 45 minutes ago. So Cal freeway traffic as expected was brutal. I'm so glad someone else was driving:). The hotel is really a nice place to stay before a cruise. Speaking of cruises, when we went went by the cruise terminal, I saw the Emerald Princess and a Crystal ship in port.

Plans for today are pretty much all about relaxing. I just got back to the room after I spent a half an hour walking around the Marina taking some pictures. For dinner tonight, we'll probably just eat in the hotel restaurant. Tomorrow we are scheduled to meet some roll call members for dinner at an Irish restaurant in Long beach.

That's about all for now.

Take Care.....:):):)

Bob

Hi Bob,

I hope you and Holli have a great time on your cruise. I loved traveling through the Panama Canal and hope to do it a 3rd time someday. I have also always wondered about the Pacific Princess and I look forward to your observations and pictures of the ship. Hopefully we will get to see pictures of your suite. Have fun. Kathy

34593364525_db52d3fc1d.jpg

Good morning from San Pedro Ca. It is around 0640 pst. I got a good night's sleep and am raring to go for whatever comes my way today. I do however need to make a run to the local Target store later on today. Seems I forgot to pack my gym clothes so I will be looking for some replacements later on today. Holli also has to call her doctor later on regarding a medication that was inadvertently left behind.

Other than the above, the rest of the day is pretty much up in the air. We are going to try and meet up with some other roll call members for dinner later this evening in Long Beach.

Thats all for now, Hope all are well.....:):):)

Bob

Hi Bob

Just curious if there is anything within walking distance of the Doubletree?

We've always stayed at the Crowne Plaza in the past and there were restaurants and that beautiful sea-side park that you could walk to.

We have an upcoming cruise where we're booked at the Doubletree and wondered about how it would be.

Thanks!

Hi Bob

Just curious if there is anything within walking distance of the Doubletree?

We've always stayed at the Crowne Plaza in the past and there were restaurants and that beautiful sea-side park that you could walk to.

We have an upcoming cruise where we're booked at the Doubletree and wondered about how it would be.

Thanks!

There are a couple of things that are close to the HDT. There is the Fort McArthur Museum that is a little less that a half a mile away. There is also the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium that is about a half mile away. There are also a number of good restaurants within about a half mile of the HDT. In any case, the HDT has a free shuttle that will also take you basically anywhere within a five mile radius from the hotel. I plan on using it later as I have to pick up some items from the local Target that I forgot to pack.....:):):)

Bob