Wonder of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

21 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

I am just trying to remember and visualize the many times I sat in the Suite Louge/Coastal Kichen enjoying the look through those expansive glass windows and the views of the pool deck and forward, which does not look to be happening here. I am not saying this is a bad look as I don't know what the final product will look like. May be it will better than hat is on the other Oasis ships. In some of the past photos you posted, I sometimes get the impression that the Suite Louge/Coastal Kichen may be aft facing on this ship. Then again I could be completely off as I haven't seen the deck plans. Someone here does I think 😀. Hey, just having fun guessing here.

From what I can make out, when it comes to areas of interest ...

Deck 16 below the suites area has the Teens Lounge on port side & video arcade on the starboard side; PADI at the forward corner; El Loco  at the starboard aft corner; large galley at the aft center.

Deck 17 has a Gold Studio(?) along the aft end; and suites.

Deck 18 has the Suite Sun Deck along the aft end; and suites.

I suppose I can say that deck '19' has the second level of the deck 18 loft suites – 5 on each side up at the forward end, if I am interpreting correctly.

No info on deck 15 below this area. We know that part of it is the forward end of Windjammer. 

Edited by Lloyd555

1 hour ago, Lloyd555 said:

From what I can make out, when it comes to areas of interest ...

Deck 16 below the suites area has the Teens Lounge on port side & video arcade on the starboard side; PADI at the forward corner; El Loco  at the starboard aft corner; large galley at the aft center.

Deck 17 has a Gold Studio(?) along the aft end; and suites.

Deck 18 has the Suite Sun Deck along the aft end; and suites.

I suppose I can say that deck '19' has the second level of the deck 18 loft suites – 5 on each side up at the forward end, if I am interpreting correctly.

No info on deck 15 below this area. We know that part of it is the forward end of Windjammer. 

Thanks Lloyd for the feedback. The way things were looking from some of the photos you shared surely support those theories. Also good point on deck "19". On the sisters, those two story Loft suites started on 17 to 18. On Wonder, those in the very front as you note start on deck 18. Different look for sure in many areas and I'm sure more to come. 

Redesigning the ship at this point isn't going to happen.  Every wall and the placement of every ounce of material has been carefully engineered to assure the center of gravity and overall physics of the vessel. 

Moving walls may seem simple but it's far from simple.  The implications from moving a wall would be massive going beyond the physics involving electrical,  plumbing, HVAC and so on.  The design of the ship has been set in stone for a long time now.   Even changing something that doesn't impact any engineering such as the color of the decor would involve a costly change order at this point.   

• Like 1

Coming in late to the thread. Have only been following Wonder's progress on other social media. Thanks to all for their contributions and I will be now following with more interest as we move into disclosure of deck plans and ultimately release of Wonder's sailing schedule. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mattymay said:

What route will Wonder take to get to China? Will it be the same as Spectrum with similar itineraries?

I hope so, because I want to be on it all the way

I would think it highly unlikely that it would go all that way without paying passengers when it is such an exciting trip, but much depends on a vaccine and the readiness of the ship - The Spectrum was still having finishing touches. I would guess the Wonder could be finished well in advance of November, if they wanted to leave a six month gap between the launch of Odyssey

1 hour ago, atgood said:

Do you recall which repositioning cruises to China (new ships or almost new) were non-revenue and revenue?  

I think all were revenue but that was before the more recent trend of doing non-revenue repos and COVID19.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I think all were revenue but that was before the more recent trend of doing non-revenue repos and COVID19.

I read somewhere where near future repo cruises would be non-revenue.  Hopefully, 2022 is far enough away for things to change back by then. 

On 10/5/2020 at 3:23 AM, atgood said:

I read somewhere where near future repo cruises would be non-revenue.  Hopefully, 2022 is far enough away for things to change back by then. 

Maybe ****.....But a non revenue repo to the USA is only possibly 8-10 nights sailing I would guess. One heading to China would take 3 to 4 times that long plus have the extra cost of a Suez transit fee. 

Additionally fares are normally far more expensive on the repos to China so it all adds up to a completely different business decision from a new build doing a TA repo. 

*** Of course I am biased because I really am looking forward to adding the Wonder trip east to our previous trips there on Quantum and Spectrum. 

Edited by woodyren

4 minutes ago, woodyren said:

Additionally fares are normally far more expensive on the repos to China so it all adds up to a completely different business decision from a new build doing a TA repo. 

Other than the recently popular northern route westbound late summer TAs on Radiance class ships, repos generally are fairly low cost per day, regardless of destination. I don't recall either Ovation nor Spectrum being different on their way east. Mariner (one of the last ships going west on the same route) was certainly one of the cheapest repos (per day).

7 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

Why haven't they painted the front of the loft suite area yet? Are they considering cutting out more triangular holes to let in more light? 😝

1216807137_Marcel2.thumb.jpg.6a4319401adcf0a519343101bd0cc018.jpg

Looks like they haven’t made the decision that area is finished.

@Lloyd555   there’s been some speculation about Wonder have a tender capacity.

Do you know if it has?

Edited by Chiliburn