Royal introduces non refundable booking option.

When you book an airline flight...you have a couple of options. One is non-refundable (cheaper rate) and one is changeable/refundable (more expensive). The big difference is that the airline makes you pay the whole thing up front, while you are only on the hook up until final payment for just the deposit with Royal. Other than that...I don't see any difference with them and what the airlines are doing, and for that matter...many land based vacations.

In your case...perhaps trip insurance?

Do you anyone that likes air-travel, we fly because we have to but cruise because we enjoy it.

So my FCC in this case, after deducting the 100.00 change fee...would be 400.00.

Never mind, I misread the policy. I thought if you cancel you get all of the deposit back except for $100pp which then you get in an FCC.

HI Everyone,

I started a post about this earlie, didn't see this one. I just found out about the NRD, I am having a hard time understanding how this helps the customer and isn't just a win/win for Royal Caribbean. I am a Diamond plus so I am not a big whiner on things but I am not comfortable with having a preexisting heart condition and having a NRD. But yet.. if I stick with my RD my room goes up. How does this help us?

It doesn't. IMHO, it is a surcharge for booking refundable.

The deposit has value to the guest because it gives the guest a confirmed room assignment even if another paying customer for that room comes along later and is willing to pay more for it.

Unless, of course, that "other paying customer" is a corporation that charters the whole ship. Then "confirmed" turns to NOT overnight.

Isn't the change fee $100 pp?- So you would get a $300 FCC, right??

Before change out: 100.00 deposit.

After changing to NRD: RCI required an additional 400.00 to bring up to standard 500.00

Deposit now is 500.00

500.00 minus 100.00 change fee: 400.00 FCC

Do you anyone that likes air-travel, we fly because we have to but cruise because we enjoy it.

Have to fly??

Perhaps when the DH was still working, but has since retired and only flies when we go on an adventure

now. ;)

Never mind, I misread the policy. I thought if you cancel you get all of the deposit back except for $100pp which then you get in an FCC.

Yes, all except the 100.00 deducted from the 500.00 deposit.

Which of course is 400.00 in FCC which is the remainder of your 500.00.

Before change out: 100.00 deposit.

After changing to NRD: RCI required an additional 400.00 to bring up to standard 500.00

Deposit now is 500.00

500.00 minus 100.00 change fee: 400.00 FCC

If you change and/or cancel your non refundable booking you will be charged $100 PP out of your $500 deposit and then get the remainder $300 in a FCC. See below from their FAQ

6. What is a change fee and when will it be incurred?

In an effort to deter continual or late ship/sail date adjustments, a change fee of $100 per guest will be imposed to allreservations booked under a nonrefundable deposit fare that opts to change either the ship and/or sail date originallyselected. Such fees will be incurred, without exception, at time of change, thus, emphasizing the importance of ensuringthat your clients are aware of the detailed terms of this program at time of booking.7

If you change and/or cancel your non refundable booking you will be charged $100 PP out of your $500 deposit and then get the remainder $300 in a FCC. See below from their FAQ

6. What is a change fee and when will it be incurred?

In an effort to deter continual or late ship/sail date adjustments, a change fee of $100 per guest will be imposed to allreservations booked under a nonrefundable deposit fare that opts to change either the ship and/or sail date originallyselected. Such fees will be incurred, without exception, at time of change, thus, emphasizing the importance of ensuringthat your clients are aware of the detailed terms of this program at time of booking.7

so dumbing it down even more. is it fair to say 2 people pay 200 in fees and get the rest of the deposit back to be used as OBC within one year of the canceled sail date?

200 fee would really stink, BUT if you are pretty sure you are going, maybe the non refundable is the way to go.

what confuses me is i thought i'm reading where if i book non refundable today at whatever price, that i'm entitled to OBC solely because of my non refundable fare. is any part of that true?

You don't have to fly. You can drive, take a bus, or take a train. I fly because I can go from coast to coast in eight hours. After eight hours of driving I would only be in Phoenix. Of course in 2008 I went coast to coast on a ship. It took thirteen nights. So there are other options besides flying.

so dumbing it down even more. is it fair to say 2 people pay 200 in fees and get the rest of the deposit back to be used as OBC within one year of the canceled sail date?

what confuses me is i thought i'm reading where if i book non refundable today at whatever price, that i'm entitled to OBC solely because of my non refundable fare. is any part of that true?

You get it back as an FCC not OBC.

You would get OBC if you booked on board.

When I booked through Next Cruise...it was 100.00 per cabin. Has this changed since May? I have five cruises

booked through NC that was 100.00 per cabin...not person.

We have at least one that is only $50. Most are $100 except for the long ones

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

You don't have to fly. You can drive, take a bus, or take a train. I fly because I can go from coast to coast in eight hours. After eight hours of driving I would only be in Phoenix. Of course in 2008 I went coast to coast on a ship. It took thirteen nights. So there are other options besides flying.

LA to Florida is 8 hours, Florida to LA is around 2.5 hours. [emoji6]

LA to Florida is 8 hours, Florida to LA is around 2.5 hours. [emoji6]

I was counting actual flying time from the time one leaves home until one lands. West to east I allowed an hour to get to the hotel, arriving one hour before take off, five hours flying time and one additional hour on the ground in case you are getting a connecting flight. Going east to west add an extra half hour for the head wind.

I'm not sure if anyone else has posted this but I can confirm that you can still get price drops with the NRD fares. I just called and got a drop of $35pp with the new 2 day sale.

yep, me too!

I was counting actual flying time from the time one leaves home until one lands. West to east I allowed an hour to get to the hotel, arriving one hour before take off, five hours flying time and one additional hour on the ground in case you are getting a connecting flight. Going east to west add an extra half hour for the head wind.

Why so serious?

Why so serious?

What, did you want me to explain why west to east is 8 hours and east to west is only 2.5 hours? Okay ...

The earth turns from west to east. As a result, as soon as the plane takes off from California the east coast is moving away from it. So it takes longer to get there. However, on the way back, once the plane leave the ground, the west coast is moving toward the plane, so it takes less time to get there. In fact, sometime the west coast approaches the plane so fast that they don't realize that they passed the west coast and are now over the Pacific Ocean (this only happens on cloudy days when the plane is flying above the clouds and the pilots cannot see the ground. By the time the pilots figure out what happened, they are over Hawaii and have to land and refuel before turning around and heading back east toward the west coast.

There, Is that better?

What, did you want me to explain why west to east is 8 hours and east to west is only 2.5 hours? Okay ...

The earth turns from west to east. As a result, as soon as the plane takes off from California the east coast is moving away from it. So it takes longer to get there. However, on the way back, once the plane leave the ground, the west coast is moving toward the plane, so it takes less time to get there. In fact, sometime the west coast approaches the plane so fast that they don't realize that they passed the west coast and are now over the Pacific Ocean (this only happens on cloudy days when the plane is flying above the clouds and the pilots cannot see the ground. By the time the pilots figure out what happened, they are over Hawaii and have to land and refuel before turning around and heading back east toward the west coast.

There, Is that better?

Not really, is it only you that gets to make stupid jokes. Sometimes you try and be funny, key word try.