Eating MDR menus at Blu

xXbunnyhopXx

Hi~ We are booked for a cruise on the Aqua Class this July and we are so excited about the perks that come with it, especially having Blu as our dinning.

But two questions, I'm assigned to Traditional Dinning @6.

1. Does that mean Traditional Dinning at Blu @ 6 or at MDR? If it's at the Blu, do we have to go @ 6 everyday or can we go between the times 6-9?

2. If we are assigned to Blu, does that mean we can't eat in the MDR? or- can we also order MDR menus at the Blu?

I'm excited to eat at the Blu, but just wanted more options and try the MDR as well since we are on a 7 night cruise~ Thanks!!

With Aqua Class Blu is your dining room for breakfast and dinner. You can show up anytime it is open. The Celebrity system always shows traditional dining at 6 for Aqua Class for some reason. You can ask the Head Waiter in Blu to make arrangements for you if you wish to try the MDR. You will find a restaurant card in your room suggesting a time to eat on the first night only. This is to stagger guests on the first evening. You will love AQ and Blu. We never sail any other Class since trying it several years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

With Aqua Class Blu is your dining room for breakfast and dinner. You can show up anytime it is open. The Celebrity system always shows traditional dining at 6 for Aqua Class for some reason. You can ask the Head Waiter in Blu to make arrangements for you if you wish to try the MDR. You will find a restaurant card in your room suggesting a time to eat on the first night only. This is to stagger guests on the first evening. You will love AQ and Blu. We never sail any other Class since trying it several years ago.

Good explanation, the dining time is just a failing of Celebrity's bad computer system. Blu is anytime dining including the first night, you can just ignore the time in the letter. Just to confirm, you do not have an assigned seat in the MDR.

There are exceptions to every rule. No you can not order MDR items in Blu. You can order the every night items in Blu from the MDR. ie escargot, shrimp cocktail, french onion soup, Caesar salad, salmon, ny steak, chicken breast.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

We just got off the Summit and were able to order anything off the MDR menu for dinner while eating in Blu. When we were seated in Blu we simply asked to see the MDR menu. They had several copies of the MDR menu in a Blu menu holder but had a sticker saying 'DR' on the outside. We saw several other tables doing this as well. We could have the MDR standards or anything specifically on the menu for that day.

We just got off the Summit and were able to order anything off the MDR menu for dinner while eating in Blu. When we were seated in Blu we simply asked to see the MDR menu. They had several copies of the MDR menu in a Blu menu holder but had a sticker saying 'DR' on the outside. We saw several other tables doing this as well. We could have the MDR standards or anything specifically on the menu for that day.

This, however, is handled differently from ship to ship. On some ships they will let you order MDR items, on other ships people were told it is not possible any more.

So don´t take it as a certain yes or no - just ask on board.

This, however, is handled differently from ship to ship. On some ships they will let you order MDR items, on other ships people were told it is not possible any more.

So don´t take it as a certain yes or no - just ask on board.

I suspect the answer is always NO on S class ships as the galleys are VERY (decks) far apart. On M class they are much closer as Blu was carved out of the existing MDR.

I suspect the answer is always NO on S class ships as the galleys are VERY (decks) far apart. On M class they are much closer as Blu was carved out of the existing MDR.

Unfortunately this can also not be taken for granted. You will find lots of people saying the were or were not able to order the items on any class.

Is it possible to dine in Blu if you are travelling concierge class? Can you pay a cover charge?

No Blu is only available to Aqua Class passengers or to those in Suites on a space available basis. On our last two cruises we have seen suite guests turned away on very busy nights.

Will be sailing Aqua in July as well and have a question concerning their "Signature drinks" listed on the menu. Are any of these included in the classic pkg ? Anyone recommend some of them? Thanks, looking forward to Blu as it's been a few years

Unfortunately the new menus do not list the price of their Signature Drinks and I have not been in Blu since they changed menus. However, I would be very surprised to find that the prices were at or under the current $8 Classic price ceiling; but the good news is that you could still order one at perhaps $13 and only have to pay the $5 difference plus the $0.90 gratuity on the price difference.

My understanding was that you need the premium package to only pay the difference; classic no credit.

We sailed in AQ on Millennium lastMarch and were told by maitre d' that we could not order from MDR menu.

My understanding was that you need the premium package to only pay the difference; classic no credit.

We sailed in AQ on Millennium lastMarch and were told by maitre d' that we could not order from MDR menu.

A couple of months ago changes were made to the beverage packages. You can now pay the difference with the classic package and certain brands of liquors have been moved from the classic to the premium. There are several threads about the changes and what's included in each package is updated on Celebrity's website.