Price drop AFTER final payment?

renaroo

I'm after final payment and there is a price drop. No big deal as I understand the rules, but I've heard others say they've been able to upgrade to the next category after final payment.

This isn't a big enough drop to cover an upgrade, but has anyone had any luck (maybe with more OBC) by calling Celebrity?

The price drop is $200 total, including all the same perks.

Thanks all and happy cruising!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's always worth a try but for several years, I've read that they will only give an upgrade ... and I've even heard that if the upgrade price is less than what you've paid for your room, they won't give it to you. The upgrade has to be at least $1 more to get it ... but have been successful in getting an upgrade where that was not the case, so don't think it is consistent.

If you are interested in paying a little more, a nice upgrade might be worth it for you. ??

I'm after final payment and there is a price drop. No big deal as I understand the rules, but I've heard others say they've been able to upgrade to the next category after final payment.

This isn't a big enough drop to cover an upgrade, but has anyone had any luck (maybe with more OBC) by calling Celebrity?

Hi ren,

I used to do this all the time. Price would drop and I would email my TA and pay the difference between my price and the new price for the upgraded cabin. Not working right now. We have a cruise on the Equinox coming up in June and the prices have been falling; tried to upgrade to Concierge -- "nope, new bookings only!": this week, tried to upgrade to a Sunset Veranda -- "nope, new bookings only!"

Not sure if it's something new, or my booking is special. There are dozens of Concierge and Aqua Class cabins available, but the only way I can access them is to cancel the cruise (with all the penalties) and rebook.

Not a fan right now,

Kel:o

I have never got any adjustments or upgrades after final payment is paid on Celebrity. There are other cruise lines that adjust up until 7 days before embarkation. On my most recent cruise (not X) I got a cash refund, a big OBC, and 3 category upgrade. As a result, when thinking about future cruises, I will definitely look at pricing policy.

I have never got any adjustments or upgrades after final payment is paid on Celebrity. There are other cruise lines that adjust up until 7 days before embarkation. On my most recent cruise (not X) I got a cash refund, a big OBC, and 3 category upgrade. As a result, when thinking about future cruises, I will definitely look at pricing policy.
What cruise lines adjust after final payment?

Rt,

Celebrity used to refund cash, but that was six or seven years ago. I've upgraded on X, after final payment, over a dozen times since 2010. Used to be part of my booking strategy.

Kel

:D

I looked for a upgrade BEFORE final payment and a substantial price drop and was curtly told NO ! I suppose booking from ROI through Celebrity UK comes under a different set of rules than say a booking from the USA

My mode of operation is ASK, the worst they can say in no. If you don't ask, the answer is definitely no. I've been pleasantly surprised many times when things say new bookings only, expected a no and gotten a yes. All you are risking is a waste of a few minutes of your time by asking. Just make sure that you make it clear that you don't want to lose your original perks. Also, if they say no, ask about an upgrade, sometimes they will do that for a small increase. Good luck!

Rt,

Celebrity used to refund cash, but that was six or seven years ago. I've upgraded on X, after final payment, over a dozen times since 2010. Used to be part of my booking strategy.

Kel

:D

I use to love when they would give the cash refund pretty much up to sail date. I understand that some lines might upgrade someone or let them pay the lesser price for an upgrade after final payment, but the poster said a cruise line did this after final payment: On my most recent cruise (not X) I got a cash refund, a big OBC, and 3 category upgrade. And I would love to know what cruise line has this policy.

We had two very large price drops on out last two trips, three really. The first time our TA would not do anything and it was just a 7 day trip and the drop was short lived as they filled the ship. Next now was a 12 night Med cruise that dropped over $2K. Sterner but still polite stance with the TA got us upgraded from 1A to A1, the last one was about an $800 drop and a quick call to the TA got us upgraded from 2A to C2 on the Millennium. The extra space was nice for a 14 night trip and the extra CC points on both trips put us into Elite going forward. So, ask nicely but be firm. Never accept that first no and don't be afraid to change TAs if you get told no....

Great question. My TA informed me that none of them do. But some won't take no for an answer and will persist until they get the resolution they want.

What cruise lines adjust after final payment?

Great question. My TA informed me that none of them do. But some won't take no for an answer and will persist until they get the resolution they want.

Your TA is incorrect.

Google Carnival early saver.

Edited by BananaAnna

On Carnival, if you book an 'Early Saver' fare and price goes down they will reduce your fare or issue OBC up until 2 days before cruise.

While this is correct - keep in mind that Carnival's Early Saver comes with additional restrictions. The deposit is non-refundable and there are change fees to make changes to your booking.

While this is correct - keep in mind that Carnival's Early Saver comes with additional restrictions. The deposit is non-refundable and there are change fees to make changes to your booking.

Keep also in mind that all those things apply to bookings of Celebrity in the UK.

It also comes with a Carnival cruise.;)