Room Service Service Charge

It is per order. Only continental breakfast is complimentary.

Please write to their guest relations department. We cruisers reversed RCI plans to implement dynamic dining fleet wide. Maybe we can have them reverse this 7.95/order charge for room service.

This one isn't going to change...

They have also upgraded the room service menu and compared to what NCL offers to what RCI offers the menu is much better IMHO. Where can you get a prime wagyu beef burger for 7.95? To me it is worth if for the burger alone!!!

I did notice some cut backs the last few years on the room service breakfast menu. Wasn't it just egg, bacon or sausage, and hash brown the only thing left as a hot item? Even then it didn't usually arrive hot LOL

I haven't told my wife yet about the room service charge. We usually get room service on excursions days, but now it appears, I'll be providing the room service for her by going up to the WJ and bringing a plate down LOL Hopefully she gives me a tip! ;)

I did notice some cut backs the last few years on the room service breakfast menu. Wasn't it just egg, bacon or sausage, and hash brown the only thing left as a hot item? ...

That's what I remember too, and I believe the only egg style choice was scrambled.

The new room service menu looked pretty good IMO. We typically never order room service, so can anyone confirm that the food comes hot and tasty? Also, is it any quicker now that a fee is involved? I would imaging less people are bogging down their system now that they have to pay.

The new room service menu looked pretty good IMO. We typically never order room service, so can anyone confirm that the food comes hot and tasty? Also, is it any quicker now that a fee is involved? I would imaging less people are bogging down their system now that they have to pay.

I'm sure it varies by ship and time. On Serenade we ordered a huge spread around 1:30 PM. took around 35 minutes, all very good. On Rhapsody, last night of a TA :eek:, it came quick, 22 minutes, but it wasn't very good. They removed the charge form our bill. We ordered naked wings expecting to just get them fried. They were just rubber. The steak quesadilla ended up chicken, and in a spinach tortilla. oh well.

It is per order. Only continental breakfast is complimentary.

Please write to their guest relations department. We cruisers reversed RCI plans to implement dynamic dining fleet wide. Maybe we can have them reverse this 7.95/order charge for room service.

Would you be happy if they were to only offer a complimentary Continental Breakfast Room Service menu ?

That's the next option if people don't want an extra fee enhanced menu.

I would prefer the option, an enhanced menu at a cost with the choice being to order or not.

I did notice some cut backs the last few years on the room service breakfast menu. Wasn't it just egg, bacon or sausage, and hash brown the only thing left as a hot item? Even then it didn't usually arrive hot LOL

I haven't told my wife yet about the room service charge. We usually get room service on excursions days, but now it appears, I'll be providing the room service for her by going up to the WJ and bringing a plate down LOL Hopefully she gives me a tip! ;)

Hah! That's how it's worked out for us too in the past - just because I was the earlier riser on the last cruise. I felt so weird carrying the windjammer plates and cups back waitress style. At least I know I'm not the only one. :)

We had breakfast room service twice on the 3 night 28 April 17 Independence cruise.

They rang as usual 2 minutes before it arrived.

Our fried eggs were hot and soft and the bacon and 2 type sausages were tasty.

The ham and cheese omelottes looked nice but a little white in the middle.

The fruit plate was nice and the red grapes are seedless now so we are them all.

I had to sign for the payment and i gave $2 tip which was appreciated by the waiter.

• 1 month later...

Many in RCL management have spent time working in the US airline industry and it is painfully obvious. We might have to fly but we don,t have to cruise on any cruise line that thinks their customers will continue to be nickel and dimed to death. There is very little that makes cruising on RCI that makes you feel special.

There is very little that makes cruising on RCI that makes you feel special.

We go on cruises and other vacations to relax, see new places, meet new people and a lot of other reasons. Being "made to feel special" isn't on the list.............:rolleyes:

We go on cruises and other vacations to relax, see new places, meet new people and a lot of other reasons. Being "made to feel special" isn't on the list.............:rolleyes:

Thats very true and if you are pleasant with other people and they are pleasant back then everyone is be happy.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Is there a link where I can find the new room service menu? We will be in a GS on Liberty in August and I think I'll use it a few times as I some times get hungry later in the evening when we have early dining time.

http://images.r.cruisecritic.com/news/pdfs/rci-room-service-breakfast-menu.PDF

http://images.r.cruisecritic.com/news/pdfs/rci-room-service-all-day-menu.PDF

Bob I thank you again! On the bright side for every one else I go back to work for summer program on Monday and wont have so many hours to sit and read CC and obsess over my cruise... Oh wait who am I kidding:D My phone will be under my leg as I try to hide the fact that I'm reading CC at work:cool: