odd sailaway question

joekerstef

Ummmm.....how could you possibly have a "slip and fall" when you have stated on a myriad of posts that you are a passenger who uses a scooter due to mobility issues? :confused:

If you think about it a while, I bet you could figure it out.

Ummmm.....how could you possibly have a "slip and fall" when you have stated on a myriad of posts that you are a passenger who uses a scooter due to mobility issues? :confused:

Many passengers who use wheel chairs or scooters to travel the distances around the ship are able to walk short distances quite well.

I have a friend who uses a wheelchair some days and other days not, depending on his pain level that day.

It is very easy to slip and fall on a wet soapy patch on the deck. HAL has many older passengers for whom a fall would be a very serious matter.

Aside from falling, I really would not appreciate getting soap bubble rings on my clothing. There must be a less annoying way to amuse children.

Ruin clothes or cameras? No. Leave a soapy residue or stain that needs to be cleaned? Yes. To say nothing of the danger of spillage, to Ruth's point. Amazing how slippery one of those plastic bottles can get once a little solution has spilled out. The issue is personal space and foreseeable risk, not being a killjoy.

It's a good thing NONE of the "no Bubbles" have ever had children or grandchildren!!!! Goodness gracious.....remember when....the past and the now and the future....live life and enjoy the bubbles !!!

It's a good thing NONE of the "no Bubbles" have ever had children or grandchildren!!!! Goodness gracious.....remember when....the past and the now and the future....live life and enjoy the bubbles !!!

I always enjoyed bubbles with my children and grandchildren and still would if there were any of that age left. However, this was always done in an outside area where others would not be annoyed by their antics. Respect for others is a skill that can be learned from an early age if adults set some boundaries for them. Well behaved children are really a joy to be around. Free range children---not so much.

It's a good thing NONE of the "no Bubbles" have ever had children or grandchildren!!!!

You couldn't be more wrong. I have two beautiful grandgirls that I love deeply, and had a lot of fun with when they were children.

Still have fun with them as adults. :D

Not only that, I happen to have my own bottle of bubble soap on the kitchen counter. I love to go outside---in my own yard---and blow bubbles.

The residue doesn't get on anyone else, though. That's the difference. No interfering with someone else's way of enjoying the day.

To each their own. My business is my baby. At least I know I don't want kids and have planned accordingly.

Absolutely. Anyone who publicly finds fault with that should be ashamed.

+1 for Bubbles. I'm perfectly capable of cleaning my glasses, camera lenses if I prove incapable of steering clear of them. :D

That's the spirit! :cool:

Some of these replies are downright tragic. I mean really, you have to wonder of some posters have boxes full of balls that were confiscated from neighbor kids. It's just bubbles! Sheesh:rolleyes:

Soap on camera lenses will require that the lenses be cleaned, and this is not done with your shirt sleeve. Furthermore, the camera owner may not have the proper cleaning solvents on hand so the camera lenses would remain dirty for the rest of the trip.

igraf

All of these negative comments are cracking me up. They are bubbles for heavens sake. They won't ruin your clothes. They will also not ruin your camera or glasses.

I think some people complain to just be complaining.

Bring your bubbles and have fun. In fact, bring one of those bubble machines.

Get a grip people.

Many passengers who use wheel chairs or scooters to travel the distances around the ship are able to walk short distances quite well.

I have a friend who uses a wheelchair some days and other days not, depending on his pain level that day.

It is very easy to slip and fall on a wet soapy patch on the deck. HAL has many older passengers for whom a fall would be a very serious matter.

Aside from falling, I really would not appreciate getting soap bubble rings on my clothing. There must be a less annoying way to amuse children.

I am SO glad you pointed that out. It is very true and anyway, slippery decks are a danger to all.

I had been scrolling past this thread, and just popped in here a few minutes ago. At first I thought it was a lot of fuss about nothing (bubbles) but of course when you think about it, bubbles are fine outside in the garden with the kids, but not on a ship deck.

And some of the comments about having kids or not - wow. Totally unnecessary and downright rude:(.

While I'm in the no-problem camp, sail-aways are pretty entertaining all by themselves. Why not save the bubbles for a dull moment? If the kids are early risers, consider making your bubbles into a special early morning activity from different decks. It could even be educational!

If the kids are early risers, consider making your bubbles into a special early morning activity from different decks. It could even be educational!
:confused: OP never said anything about kids blowing bubbles.

2 months ago, I would have been in the have at 'er bunch, however, having to cover my drinks and food at a Disneyland Dessert Party last month, I've moved across the floor. Bubbles belong in an outside space where they are not dangerous (slippery floors), annoying (in my food/drink) and not destructive (stains on clothing).

Edited by Dismomx5

...we always have bubbles. Granted, it is in a champagne form. We have a lot of bubbles at sail away! ....tiny bubbles....

LoL... when I first read the OP's post that's what I thought he/she was referring to, until I read through a few subsequent comments. :o

I've only just stumbled across this topic, and I had to laugh, 3 pages on bubbles!!

I would say go for it.

There is a shop in Poole in Dorset that has a bubble machine on by it's front door permanently, i've never heard anyone complain about it. I would be very surprised if anyone had ever slipped on them, or had their clothes damaged, as the council would have stopped it by now!

bubbles-from-truly-scrumptious-shop-at-poole-high-street-in-december-d1ypm0.jpg

While I'm in the no-problem camp, sail-aways are pretty entertaining all by themselves. Why not save the bubbles for a dull moment? If the kids are early risers, consider making your bubbles into a special early morning activity from different decks. It could even be educational!

I think there has been a lot of drama here - but wouldn't bubble soap be just as slippery on early morning sea-day decks as on crowded sailaway decks?

My vision of bubbles are the tiny bottles that you buy in a pack at the Dollar Store for wedding receptions or parties. They hold probably a tea spoon of soapy water at the most. Are the naysayers picturing a family bringing along a bucket and a bottle of dish soap, filling up at the pool and having at it with a lasso??

There are so few kids on a HAL ship, let them have their bubbles. I like the idea so much I might bring a tiny bottle for myself.

My vision of bubbles are the tiny bottles that you buy in a pack at the Dollar Store for wedding receptions or parties. They hold probably a tea spoon of soapy water at the most. Are the naysayers picturing a family bringing along a bucket and a bottle of dish soap, filling up at the pool and having at it with a lasso??

There are so few kids on a HAL ship, let them have their bubbles. I like the idea so much I might bring a tiny bottle for myself.

The OP mentioned nothing about children. Or bringing them. Nothing to do with children from what I could see other than a bit of thread discussion.

But I guess their are "kids" of all ages.