Problems with Princess Rewards Visa Card

woohooTOO

I am currently dealing with Barkley Card about the incorrect posting of reward points. On my last statement ending May15 rewards were posted incorrectly on two of four eligible purchases, i.e., the reward points were not doubled. I made another eligible purchase on May 16. The points were not doubled when the purchase was moved from the "pending" category.

I have read of others having problems with Barkley Card. The problems continue. I plan to audit my last 12 statements to ensure that the appropriate points were awarded.

I am currently dealing with Barkley Card about the incorrect posting of reward points. On my last statement ending May15 rewards were posted incorrectly on two of four eligible purchases, i.e., the reward points were not doubled. I made another eligible purchase on May 16. The points were not doubled when the purchase was moved from the "pending" category.

I have read of others having problems with Barkley Card. The problems continue. I plan to audit my last 12 statements to ensure that the appropriate points were awarded.

I was told that the double points show up about 6-8 weeks after the promotion ends...so the promo that went from January 1 thru March 31 should show the rewards shortly. And the rewards for the promotion that began April 1 and runs through June 30 (earning points on groceries, restaurants and home improvement) will likely show up mid to late July. I'm keeping a close eye on it!

I was told that the double points show up about 6-8 weeks after the promotion ends...so the promo that went from January 1 thru March 31 should show the rewards shortly. And the rewards for the promotion that began April 1 and runs through June 30 (earning points on groceries, restaurants and home improvement) will likely show up mid to late July. I'm keeping a close eye on it!

Double points for Princess purchases should show up immediately as they are not a special promotion.

Double points for Princess purchases should show up immediately as they are not a special promotion.

We purchased 4 future cruise credits for $400 in Feb and they posted 800 points as expected. So far I haven't had any problems with the double credit being applied.

My only concern is that when cashing in points for OBC the credit doesn't appear anywhere on Princess's booking info. except on Barclays web site & a conformation email. Both Barclays and Princess told me that it wouldn't be a problem once boarded.:(

We'll see.

Interesting! I just made a deposit on Princess and it also did not post as the double points. It always did before. I emailed customer service and will keep on this now. I didn't realize it might be a new problem with this card.

• 1 month later...

I am dealing with Barclay Card as I type. I did not get double points for my Princess Cruise and have called the case service manager twice and have posted a complaint on Barclay card. I have a case number and they can see that I talked to Sierra on 6/9 and today I spoke with Stacy (not very friendly)

This is not the first time I have redeemed points but this is the first time I have had a problem with points posting. If anyone has any other suggestions I am open to it as I feel that if I get short with the service rep on the phone, I will never see my points.

I have called 866-928-3106 and 866-872-6248 (no help what-so-ever) and the email.

I called over a month ago and they said that they would investigate. I finally got my 1089 points that were due from prepaying various things for our next crew. But no sooner did I get those points than I notice yesterday that they again didn't double a recent transaction made with Princess Cruises. So apparently one is going to have to watch every statement and ask for every double point!! Seems like someone changed something and they need to fix it as I have never had this problem in the many years that we have had our card.

Double points ends up yielding you 2% back. It is much easier and much less hassle to just use a 2% cash back card. Then you can use the cash however you want!

Double points yield 4% cash back (double points on the Princess purchase and 2% on the redemption) as long as you redeem for a statement credit against a Princess charge of $4,001 or greater within the last 180 days - and I always have a Princess purchase of that amount.:)

Note that the percentage received on the redemption does not depend on the number of points being redeemed. It depends only on the amount of the Princess purchase within the last 180 days.

My points for the 1st transaction doubled yesterday (approximately 30 days after the original Princess purchase) YAY, RAH, WHOOPEE and all that jazz. However the purchase, when I upgraded to a premium balcony, on 6/9/17 did not. Both point purchases were being questioned. I will wait until 7/9/17 to see if this purchase doubles and if not call them and message them again.

However.....do not call 1-866-872-6248 which is the Princess Visa rewards number to ask questions about redeeming OBC. I spent 15 minutes trying to explain that I did not want to apply it to a cruise purchase. I just wanted to make sure I was filling the out the form correctly regarding delivery date for the OBC. I am still not sure I did it correctly. Bless the agents heart......she had absolutely no clue what I was asking. I believe we were were not both speaking the same language.

Double points ends up yielding you 2% back. It is much easier and much less hassle to just use a 2% cash back card. Then you can use the cash however you want!

Agree completely. I am so sick and tired of dealing with Barclay's I am cancelling and using my Amazon card instead.

Agree completely. I am so sick and tired of dealing with Barclay's I am cancelling and using my Amazon card instead.

Spend 4k, get 8k points. Two per cent back Equals $160.

2% cash back equals $80.

Just got $1400 back . Should I have settled for half?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Spend 4k, get 8k points. Two per cent back Equals $160.

2% cash back equals $80.

Just got $1400 back . Should I have settled for half?

I've never had trouble getting the double points for money spent with Princess but I have never been able to get the points offered in their occasional promotions. And the 180 day part of the formula is a complete mystery. It used to be so easy: give them a booking number and how many points you want to redeem and it shows up as a credit on the account--no 180 day limit.

I've never had trouble getting the double points for money spent with Princess but I have never been able to get the points offered in their occasional promotions. And the 180 day part of the formula is a complete mystery. It used to be so easy: give them a booking number and how many points you want to redeem and it shows up as a credit on the account--no 180 day limit.

I have other Barclay cards and get promotions, but like you none on the Princess card. Always running ones on the AA cards.

We purchased 4 future cruise credits for $400 in Feb and they posted 800 points as expected. So far I haven't had any problems with the double credit being applied.

My only concern is that when cashing in points for OBC the credit doesn't appear anywhere on Princess's booking info. except on Barclays web site & a conformation email. Both Barclays and Princess told me that it wouldn't be a problem once boarded.:(

We'll see.

A helpful hint I learned years ago, be sure to print out a copy of the confirmation and the website so you can have proof if there is a problem.

Maureen

I, for one, have never had a problem with my Princess Rewards Visa car.....:):):)

Bob

I never had a problem either until now... Just checked and none of my Princess charges from May or June posted properly... Looks like I will be calling them tomorrow :(

A helpful hint I learned years ago, be sure to print out a copy of the confirmation and the website so you can have proof if there is a problem.

Maureen

I do the same.

I also do it with any purchases I make pre-cruise for onboard use...ex. bottled water, coffee card, shore excursions, etc.

Latest from Barclay/Princess on double points. Since they reminded me that my payment is now due for this month, I inquired about my lack of doubled Princess charges for the last three months or so.

Here was their reply...not terribly encouraging since I have a final payment due in a couple weeks.:mad:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Princess Rewards Visa Signature Card. We are apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced regarding the rewards points on your account, and can certainly explain.

It is with great concern and regret that we have received your email outlining the issue on our website. We regret to confirm that we currently have a system issue, please be advised that we are fixing the error that you are encountering. Although we do not have an expected time frame for resolution, we appreciate your patience in resolving this matter.

• 1 month later...

Barclay Card is still having problems with posting double points. I just looked at my Visa statement and I saw that my Princess purchase did not have the correct 2x points. I called Barclay and was told that they know that their is a problem and they are trying to fix it. I now have to await until my next statement to get the correct points.

How did you hear about this? I didn't get anything in the mail about that. HMMM. I am missing out! Where can I find this?