Coffee card trade for an elite drink set up

Shaver John

Has anyone traded 2 coffee cards for an elite drink set up? We just got 4 coffee cards, and have 3 more trips with All you can drink packages, so we will have at least 16 cards in the near future. We have a trip booked without the all you can drink package and would like to trade in 2 coffee cards to get an additional set up for a long cruise. We will have 2 set ups anyway, but as we are going to a warm place we would like to have an additional setup. Anyone done this? or is the trade only one way? Thanking you in advance...

hmmm - I am not sure why you think you will get coffee cards with the AIBP - we have that on every cruise and the AIBP takes care of the coffee drinks - you are not issued a coffee card per se

We get the coffee card when we turn in the elite bar setup and the suite bar setup. We get 2 cards for exchanging the elite setup and 2 cards for exchanging the suite setup. We could get a bottle of wine, but with the all you can drink cards that seemed kinda silly.

My guess is no. Each ship has it's own accounts for each voyage. The reason you can trade an mini bar set up for two coffee cards is because they are similar value from the same ship's account. What you want to do is use coffee cards from other ships or other voyages and I don't believe the beverage manager will allow this trade.

What you are essentially asking is that if someone does not at all use their Elite or Suite mini-bar set up benefit (or equivalent permitted swap-out) on one cruise, can they "accumulate" the benefit and double-up on their next cruise?

Sorry but I seriously doubt it works that way. Nor does anything equivalent in real life. Don't know whether to call you ballsy or just plain nuts for even considering asking this question.

(But as a practical matter, even if all 15 punches are intact how would they know whether or not you used the card for fresh brewed coffee for the length of the cruise it was initially issued for? So potentially an [admittedly impossible to prove] double dipping issue as well as attempting to carry forward a use it or lose it benefit. Yeah, some textbook chutzpah here)

My guess is no. Each ship has it's own accounts for each voyage. The reason you can trade an mini bar set up for two coffee cards is because they are similar value from the same ship's account. What you want to do is use coffee cards from other ships or other voyages and I don't believe the beverage manager will allow this trade.

I agree

OP .. No can do

Srpilo

Or use to treat new friends on cruise without the card.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've been planning to give that a try on our next couple of cruises. We have the complimentary AIBP on both of them and I have coffee cards lying around. I think one only has a punch or two left, one has most of the punches left, and the third is unpunched and unmarked in any way. Why not pay for someone else's specialty coffee as a surprise? By the time our third cruise rolls around I can always buy one of the new cards if I want one. They aren't all that expensive and mine are obviously the old style so wouldn't be good for the fresh brewed coffee. It seems like it could be fun to pay for drinks for folks who don't have a card of their own.

We get the coffee card when we turn in the elite bar setup and the suite bar setup. We get 2 cards for exchanging the elite setup and 2 cards for exchanging the suite setup. We could get a bottle of wine, but with the all you can drink cards that seemed kinda silly.

If you would like a bottle of wine for your cabin, trade your mini bar set up for that rather than coffee cards. The AIBP does not pay for bottles of wine------just a 40% discount on a bottle and your onboard folio will be charged for the other 60%.

In theory all the OP needs to do is find someone via the Roll Call who is Elite and swaps out their MiniBar for coffee cards. OP can supply the coffee cards to these Elite passengers in exchange for their minibar once it has been tuned up to what the OP wants it to be comprised of.

The only possible problem for the person receiving the OP's cards is that the coffee cards will quite likely have a past voyage number on a different ship filled in already so won't be usable for coffee/hot chocolate on that sailing. I am still finding the new policy is firmly in place for minibar swap out coffee cards to be filled in for the voyage you are on before delivering them to you.

AE_Collector

I've been planning to give that a try on our next couple of cruises. We have the complimentary AIBP on both of them and I have coffee cards lying around. I think one only has a punch or two left, one has most of the punches left, and the third is unpunched and unmarked in any way. Why not pay for someone else's specialty coffee as a surprise? By the time our third cruise rolls around I can always buy one of the new cards if I want one. They aren't all that expensive and mine are obviously the old style so wouldn't be good for the fresh brewed coffee. It seems like it could be fun to pay for drinks for folks who don't have a card of their own.

I have coffee cards left over. On sea days if i see a Blue card in line i buy them coffee. Usually one or 2 people. Once 5 people. They appreciate it and it cost me nothing. :)

What you are essentially asking is that if someone does not at all use their Elite or Suite mini-bar set up benefit (or equivalent permitted swap-out) on one cruise, can they "accumulate" the benefit and double-up on their next cruise?

Sorry but I seriously doubt it works that way. Nor does anything equivalent in real life. Don't know whether to call you ballsy or just plain nuts for even considering asking this question.

(But as a practical matter, even if all 15 punches are intact how would they know whether or not you used the card for fresh brewed coffee for the length of the cruise it was initially issued for? So potentially an [admittedly impossible to prove] double dipping issue as well as attempting to carry forward a use it or lose it benefit. Yeah, some textbook chutzpah here)

Who pee'd in your corn flakes?

I have coffee cards left over. On sea days if i see a Blue card in line i buy them coffee. Usually one or 2 people. Once 5 people. They appreciate it and it cost me nothing. :)

That is very nice of you! I'm sure the blue card holders appreciate it!

Never heard of that one working... Extra coffee cards are destine for ebay.

So I have only been on 1 cruise with Princess and taking another one next year. I never thought to look on Ebay for a coffee card but just did. Do they need to be unsigned and how do I know if Princess will still honor it?

So I have only been on 1 cruise with Princess and taking another one next year. I never thought to look on Ebay for a coffee card but just did. Do they need to be unsigned and how do I know if Princess will still honor it?

The unused punches will be honored.

Do not expect fresh-brewed coffee without a punch.

If the card is totally unused and does not have the voyage information on the back, you might be able to also use it for the free fresh-brewed as long as the card is the current type being sold on the ship you are on.

The unused punches will be honored.

Do not expect fresh-brewed coffee without a punch.

If the card is totally unused and does not have the voyage information on the back, you might be able to also use it for the free fresh-brewed as long as the card is the current type being sold on the ship you are on.

Sorry for the continued post about this...I am guessing my best bet would be to wait until next year to buy a coffee card on Ebay since we are not cruising to Alaska until Sept 2018. Only 15 months and 1 day away....:(