Fort lauderdale hotel w/shuttle from airport and to pier/oceanside?

oratheeexplorer

Any hotel recommendations for Fort Lauderdale? Needs to have free shuttle that picks us up at airport and will also take us to cruise pier next morning. Would love to be on the beach if it's not tooooooo expensive. Any deals out there?

Why limit yourself to hotels with a shuttle?

Why not just take Uber or a cab?

The airport/pier and most hotels are within 2-3 miles of each other. ;)

If not......the Embassy Suites and Renaissance have shuttles and are only a few blocks away from the pier. The shuttles are not free. At least to the pier anyway.

There are no hotels that offer free shuttle to the cruise port, but some hotels do offer free shuttles to and from hotels. Many times taxis are just as cheap. For example, Embassy Suites charges $10 pp just to ride the shuttle from FLL to their hotel, while Hyatt Place charges $2 per room. Crowne Plaza charges nothing.

I think Holiday Inn convention center has a free shuttle, also.

Not sure what time of year you're talking about, but good deals can be had from a May-Oct, $129-225 range, but rates skyrocket from Nov-Apr, where you can expect to pay anywhere from $250-350 per night for motels in the 17th street region, and $300-450 per night for ocean beach hotels and rooms. Good deals can be found on Hotwire and Priceline, too, bidding blindly or using Priceline Express, but you can expect to pay anywhere from $7-10 pp for hotel shuttles to the port vs. $10-12 for Uber vs. $15-20 bucks for a taxi to the port. I highly recommend against taking a shuttle to the port if more than 2-3 ships are in port. If there are six ships in port you could potentially wait for an hour until you are delivered to your ship even though you only traveled one or two miles.

Been there, done that. Never again.

Oh, one other thing, you might have to wait anywhere from 30-60 minutes waiting for a "free" shuttle to get from airport to your hotel.

Since the hotels aren't that far away, like 10 minutes away, you'd be much better off taking a cab or Ubering or taking Lyft.

Also, check TripAdvisor to get a good feel for Ft Lauderdale hotels.

My personal favorite hotels are Hyatt Place Convention Centrr due to its fabulous location being next door to a shopping center where we can buy all our last minute things to being onto the ship, and Total Wine is there, too. We always wait to buy all our suntan lotions and toiletries since we don't like to pack all that due to weighing too much, so we always shop in Ft Laud. Hyatt Place has free breakfast and many here on the board get a good deal when booking HP through valuetrips.com.

It is not beach area, though.

We also love the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas. Not fancy, but it has a real Florida feel and it is near may very good restaurants.

On the beach, Lago Mar is on a pretty part of the beach but I don't think it is near very much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

The airport is literally next door, so consider a hotel that's a destination in itself. We love the Marriott at Harbor Beach. My wife likes a nice sunrise walk along the beach or a swim in the pool the night before.

About two blocks down is a great store that sells fresh sandwiches and snacks and we've been known to grab an adult beverage and watch the sunset.

Marriott reward points had it in December at 30,000. Well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The airport is literally next door, so consider a hotel that's a destination in itself. We love the Marriott at Harbor Beach. My wife likes a nice sunrise walk along the beach or a swim in the pool the night before.

About two blocks down is a great store that sells fresh sandwiches and snacks and we've been known to grab an adult beverage and watch the sunset.

Marriott reward points had it in December at 30,000. Well worth it.

Marriott Harbor Beach at an average of $400 per night. Great hotel. :)

I was going to list the MHB but the OP stated that they wanted a hotel that was not too expensive.

Pretty much sold out much of the time as well.

I believe none of the hotels on the beach will have shuttles.

We stayed at the Westin Beach Resort post cruise and it was fabulous.

We paid for a taxi

For pre cruise I would go with suggestions above.

Staying closer to port. You can also take the sun trolley to the beach

😉

We book hotels on SE 17th St. Restaurants, shopping within walking distance, easy access to beach using the Sun Trolley. Don't worry about a shuttle, transfers to hotels and to the pier are inexpensive using uber or a taxi. The entire airport, pier and hotel area is close together. If your Princess ship is at pier two you can actually walk there from SE 17th St.

We book hotels on SE 17th St. Restaurants, shopping within walking distance, easy access to beach using the Sun Trolley. Don't worry about a shuttle, transfers to hotels and to the pier are inexpensive using uber or a taxi. The entire airport, pier and hotel area is close together. If your Princess ship is at pier two you can actually walk there from SE 17th St.

I agree with all you have said.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th st in in April and loved staying there. We usually have stayed at the 17th st Hyatt Place which is also a great place to stay.

Quality Inn and Suites on Sterling st...have stayed there twice, we will be there again tomorrow night...not the greatest hotel, a bit older, but clean, free breakfast and free airport pick up and free cruise port drop off...tomorrowr Night is only $63 on Expedia... Plus food within walking distance....

Works for us:cool:

If you are driving to a cruise Port, sign up for free at stay123.biz. I have used them for years to get great prices for a hotel and free parking while on a cruise. Not all deals are the same, but well worth checking out. And not only for Fort Lauderdale.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

We stayed at the Embassy Suite's once pre-cruise and it was one of the best Embassy Suites I ever stayed at. My grandma took me and my sister to Lago-O-Mar when we were kids and it was truly magical. It was back in the 60's and women had to wear bathing caps! We didn't mind though. We were kids and there was a pool.

If Ft Lauderdale we have little interest in free shuttles....or any shuttle. Many times we will be staying a popular pre cruise hotel like the Embassy Suites..and they sometimes get over a hundred folks signed up for their paid shuttle. We will go down to the lobby and there are folks standing around while others are trying to cram into shuttle vans, mini buses, etc. We simply open our Uber app and have our ride within a few minutes. Uber is actually less costly then the shuttle...we have no waiting around...no crowding into a vehicle.,,,,and no delays at the port while a shuttle might have to make a few different stops.

Hank

Just 6,000 Marriott points or 2,000 Starpoints will get you a night at the brand new (opening in July) Four Points By Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port. It includes a free airport shuttle and a cruise port shuttle for a small fee.

This deal was so good that we booked two rooms for two nights in November without going over 20,000 Marriott points. If you are not a member of either program (or want to pay cash), though, the prices are comparable to other local hotels.

If your Princess ship is at pier two you can actually walk there from SE 17th St.

There was a terrorist-type incident at the FLL airport a few months ago. There are likely increased security precautions in place now. Is walking to the cruise terminal still a viable alternative?

There was a terrorist-type incident at the FLL airport a few months ago. There are likely increased security precautions in place now. Is walking to the cruise terminal still a viable alternative?

Walking to FLL from Port Everglades while dragging luggage behind you? Seriously? No way IMO. Unless you enjoy showing up for a flight sweating like a pig and enjoy dodging traffic. Pay the $15 plus tip and take a taxi.

Yes, people have been known to walk from Renaissance or Holiday Inn to pier 2 and have done so since the January incident at FLL.

I, however, would never consider walking, when riding in a cab is so much more convenient.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Walking to FLL from Port Everglades while dragging luggage behind you? Seriously? No way IMO. Unless you enjoy showing up for a flight sweating like a pig and enjoy dodging traffic. Pay the $15 plus tip and take a taxi.

If your ship is docked at terminal 2 (always Princess) or 4 (sometimes Princess) it is only a couple of block walk from 17th Street and you enter the terminals before the port security booth. If you are staying at the Renaissance right at the intersection of 17th Street and Eisenhower Blvd the walk - if weather conditions cooperate and the number and size of your luggage are manageable - would only be a couple of blocks. From other hotels and/or to other terminals, take a cab or Uber. Check out this map of the port: https://res.cloudinary.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1/clients/porteverglades/Port_Everglades_Map_REVISED_November_30_2016_bae57d31-04c5-41d1-b193-a4bf242d9293.pdf

Any hotel recommendations for Fort Lauderdale? Needs to have free shuttle that picks us up at airport and will also take us to cruise pier next morning. Would love to be on the beach if it's not tooooooo expensive. Any deals out there?

The Ramada Airport & Cruiseport has free shuttles from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the cruiseport as well as a free breakfast. We stayed there at the end of this past February and will be staying there again in mid-November. Call them directly for the best prices.

Tom

If Ft Lauderdale we have little interest in free shuttles....or any shuttle. Many times we will be staying a popular pre cruise hotel like the Embassy Suites..and they sometimes get over a hundred folks signed up for their paid shuttle. We will go down to the lobby and there are folks standing around while others are trying to cram into shuttle vans, mini buses, etc. We simply open our Uber app and have our ride within a few minutes. Uber is actually less costly then the shuttle...we have no waiting around...no crowding into a vehicle.,,,,and no delays at the port while a shuttle might have to make a few different stops.

Hank

We also have found our own transportation to the ship. It's much less of a hassle and you can go when you want to!!