Traditional dinners able to use Anytime dining?

berlingo

3> I feel that if their cards show Traditional Dining they should be required to eat there and not permitted in the Anytime Dining rooms. Where do Anytime Diners go if they do not want to eat in the Anytime Dining rooms. The buffet or elsewhere of course.

We have found it to be an unnecessary problem on Princess and it is common practice. Also, the MD's allow people to reserve tables in ATD for the whole cruise. it really makes Anytime Dinning Anything Goes Dinning and it is a self-inflicted problem created by Princess and their staff which does not really crate goodwill for us who expect to be able to eat at ATD....:rolleyes:

This is my comment to the traditional dining folk who feel that they are special and can come into my anytime dining space - KEEP OUT OF MY DINING ROOM AND I WILL KEEP OUT OF YOURS!!!!

DON

I'm a traditional diner and I agree with you 100%, but they should do away with reservations in ATD because I think that is the problem more than traditional diners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm a traditional diner and I agree with you 100%, but they should do away with reservations in ATD because I think that is the problem more than traditional diners.

What if the traditional diners decided to also make reservations in the AT dining room. Now wouldn't that be something. :eek:

I'd bet Princess still would let them get away with it. ;)

Nice try.

Although, I do agree that the Princess buffets are now akin to going to DMV.

Really? When did they start serving food at the DMV? Where is the camera in the Princess buffet area? When did Princess start taking thumb prints? How long did it take for Princess to mail you your license? When did the DMV become self serve? Do you need an appointment to get in line at the Princess buffet?

I suppose you just don't see that when they hold a table for you it slows down the whole process. It's not that you cancel you reservations when you didn't plane to show but the table they hold at 6:16 PM can't be used at all prior to your arrival. If a reservation made for that late a time, there are people standing at the door which could have already been seated.

You've taken a table out of service for 45 minutes that could have been used. :(

Even though people are allowed to do it, it doesn't make much sense when all it does to slow down the whole dining process.

The only fair way to assign seats is when your hungry, go to the dining room door and be seated.

As I said, we canceled 3 or 4 times over how many years??? So how did we slow down anyone?

Not to hijack the board or get into a negative discourse, but this is too ridiculous. We also did not have reservations at 6:16, as the Dining Line would not accommodate that.

Also, why would the MDR hold a table for 45 minutes. Again, ridiculous.

Really? When did they start serving food at the DMV? Where is the camera in the Princess buffet area? When did Princess start taking thumb prints? How long did it take for Princess to mail you your license? When did the DMV become self serve? Do you need an appointment to get in line at the Princess buffet?

Taking this just a little too seriously?

Are you saying that if a person requests TD and doesn't make the cut they should eat in the buffet every night?

So if a Police Officer pulls over a driver making an illegal left turn, he should not write a ticket because he thinks the driver can't pay?

Dining room opens at 5:30.

Your reservation is for 6:15, 45 minutes later.

If they seat someone at your table at 5:30, they will not be finished eating when you shown up for your 6:15 reservation.

So the table sits unused as it is held for you at 6:15.

If they seat someone at your table at 5:30, they will not be finished eating when you shown up for your 6:15 reservation.

HUH???

Unused at 5:30? How could I get a reservation at 6:15 when that is in violation of the Dining Line?

Why would the MDR hold a table for 45 minutes? We have canceled well in advance, or just before, in person, to open it up. Again, and only 2 - 4 times since ATD became available.

We tried to be considerate. Nothing more.

We have never used the Dining Line but have been annoyed by being unable to dine in "AT" when we want to. What are the "Rules" applying to making a reservation on the "DL" for the "AT" dining room?

If you have many cruises with PCL, you should know this. Signing off.

As I said, we canceled 3 or 4 times over how many years??? So how did we slow down anyone?

Not to hijack the board or get into a negative discourse, but this is too ridiculous. We also did not have reservations at 6:16, as the Dining Line would not accommodate that.

I'm just pointing out that reservations in the AT dining room is inconsiderate to everyone waiting at the door. They'll take reservations for 6 PM which means the table is out of action for up to 45 minutes waiting for you to arrive. I understand that you cancelled but does holding a table for any amount of time seem fair? There's nothing they can do with that table until you arrive while others are waiting to be seated.

Seems simple enough for everyone who doesn't make reservations.

Edited by floridalover5623

Why should I wait to accommodate you?

Because that is the system Princess has in place.

Princess generally allow reservations in the anytime dining room.

Princess allows traditional diners to eat in the anytime dining room, if they wish.

If Princess changes the rules, I will then follow the new rules.

If posters here make up what they wish were the rules ... I have no intention of following them.

Because that is the system Princess has in place.

Princess generally allow reservations in the anytime dining room.

Princess allows traditional diners to eat in the anytime dining room, if they wish.

If Princess changes the rules, I will then follow the new rules.

If posters here make up what they wish were the rules ... I have no intention of following them.

Everything you say is 100 % correct, even though some would consider it little inconsiderate at times.

Everything you say is 100 % correct, even though some would consider it little inconsiderate at times.

I have learned that reading cruise critic.

For instance, one poster proudly told us how she would take a MUTS blanket back to her

cabin for her exclusive use during her cruise.

I often read -- we are cruising in a suite -- how many extra people can share my priority boarding.

Or, I'm really clever, and I write in special orders on the breakfast hang tag -- of course delaying

everyone follow the rules while the special order is handled.

etc.

etc.

To whom would I want to extend consideration?

I have learned that reading cruise critic.

For instance, one poster proudly told us how she would take a MUTS blanket back to her

cabin for her exclusive use during her cruise.

I often read -- we are cruising in a suite -- how many extra people can share my priority boarding.

Or, I'm really clever, and I write in special orders on the breakfast hang tag -- of course delaying

everyone follow the rules while the special order is handled.

etc.

etc.

To whom would I want to extend consideration?

No one in particular I suppose. Maybe that's why the AT dining is so messed up some times.

What's wrong with keeping a blanket? It might be needed in the cabin or cold lounge.

So if a Police Officer pulls over a driver making an illegal left turn, he should not write a ticket because he thinks the driver can't pay?

What if the police officer is a she? :confused: