Traditional dinners able to use Anytime dining?

berlingo

From the perspective of a traditional diner that doesn't use the anytime dining (with the exception of a late day in port, where you are advised, in advance, that the ship is basically all "open seating ", if our table mates decide to go to Anytime Dining, and leave us at an empty table, it doesn't do much for our cruise experience either. We like traditional dining and getting to know our table mates, so always request seating at a table for 8 or 10. While we know there are nights that they may have specialty dining or decide to go to the buffet for one reason or another, it does delay the folks who show up timely and want to attend a show after dinner, as rage waitstaff will normally try to wait for latecomers. It's also not much fun for 2 people to dine alone at a table for 8...been there, done that! 😉

Are you saying that if a person requests TD and doesn't make the cut they should eat in the buffet every night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If they did not make the cut to get into TD, they can and must eat in AT if they want to be served. If they made the cut and were assigned a table in the TD room, my previous comment applies -

KEEP OUT OF MY AT DINING ROOM!!

DON

If they did not make the cut to get into TD, they can and must eat in AT if they want to be served. If they made the cut and were assigned a table in the TD room, my previous comment applies -

DON

I'm in full agreement with you but Princess doesn't like to offend anyone so it seems that it's OK for anyone to switch whenever they want to. :mad:

Sounds like someone needs a nap......or a vacation :')

This is my comment to the traditional dining folk who feel that they are special and can come into my anytime dining space - KEEP OUT OF MY DINING ROOM AND I WILL KEEP OUT OF YOURS!!!!

DON

This thread reminds me of a picture on took on my last Princess cruise ...

A40_zpsrjxfmfvy.jpg

Why is almost everyone sitting down with their life jackets on? Usually passengers are asked to put on their life jackets at the end of the muster, stand up to do so, and then remove the life jackets and leave.

Maybe the gentleman is the only person following the instructions to wait until asked to put on your life jacket.

I'm just pointing out that reservations in the AT dining room is inconsiderate to everyone waiting at the door. They'll take reservations for 6 PM which means the table is out of action for up to 45 minutes waiting for you to arrive. I understand that you cancelled but does holding a table for any amount of time seem fair? There's nothing they can do with that table until you arrive while others are waiting to be seated.

Seems simple enough for everyone who doesn't make reservations.

Then why don't you make a reservation?

Call Princess if you don't like the rules or call your Congressman.

When there is "open dining" due to a late port leave, try eating in a TD restaurant, it is allowed even if you normally eat in AT. We decided to do it to see what one of the dining rooms was like, one we had not been in before. We sat at a table for two and were treated as interlopers!! Both by the "owners" of that table and by the staff. It was the fastest dinner we have been served, it felt as if we were being hurried out of the place; it was quite unpleasant and left a bad taste. Perhaps TDs eating in the AT should be treated the same way.

We sat at a table for two and were treated as interlopers!! Both by the "owners" of that table and by the staff.

There are no 'owners' of tables on 'open seating night.'

Our table of 8 gathered outside the Bottechelli dining room and were seated in a separate part of the dining room, as our section wasn't even open.

None of us liked it as the service was poor. 2 of us had pre ordered the night before and we had to ask twice for our meals.

Then why don't you make a reservation?

Call Princess if you don't like the rules or call your Congressman.

At one time long ago I did make reservations.

They don't begin to accept reservations until 8 AM sharp and wanting to leave the ship immediately (we docked at 7) so we gave up on the whole thing.

At some point in time I realized how stupid this all was & that it slowed down service for everyone and quit doing so. If people would just show up when they want to eat the process for everyone would go much quicker.

Of course people who make reservation don't see it that way since their table is waiting at the expense of other cruisers time. :mad:

DON

Ok, got it, and I agree with you.

So if a Police Officer pulls over a driver making an illegal left turn, he should not write a ticket because he thinks the driver can't pay?

WHAT???

DON

NOT YOUR DINING ROOM. :mad::*

DON

It seems rather churlish that you keep posting this in a giant font.

But, I'm a fun kind of guy...

Make me.

Sadly, Princess allows folks with TD dining to have dinner in AT whenever they wish.

Not fair to those who book AT. :mad: & :(

Luckily it isn't highly publicized other wise there would be dozens of them each night.

They still don't irk me as much as the "reservation people".:mad:

Sadly, Princess allows folks with TD dining to have dinner in AT whenever they wish.

Not fair to those who book AT. :mad: & :(

The first couple of evenings cruise cards are checked at the entrance to AT dining rooms to make sure passengers are at the correct dining room. On those evenings, a traditional diner trying to enter an anytime dining room will be directed to the assigned traditional dining room.

After the first two evenings Princess assumes that adult passengers will act maturely and go to their assigned dining room.

Maybe with the Medallion system the employees at the entrance to the anytime dining rooms will be notified anytime a TD passenger tries to enter.