Traditional dinners able to use Anytime dining?

berlingo

This, by the way, was the policy of the MD on the Island many moons ago. TD diners without prior permission had to wait until there were no AT diners waiting to be seated. If you had arranged in advance with him, you were seated like any other AD diner and AD diners could use your TD seat if needed/wanted. I made a point of complimenting him on it (and many other things, he was far and away the best MD I have ever seen on a cruise ship).

That might be a good approach. :) Let the TD diners wait at the end of the queue until there are no more AT diners arriving and only then seat them.

They'll quickly learn to keep to their assigned DR or other dining options.

This, by the way, was the policy of the MD on the Island many moons ago. TD diners without prior permission had to wait until there were no AT diners waiting to be seated. If you had arranged in advance with him, you were seated like any other AD diner and AD diners could use your TD seat if needed/wanted. I made a point of complimenting him on it (and many other things, he was far and away the best MD I have ever seen on a cruise ship).

I suppose I missed that because we don't choose TD & then switch so it's not something we would notice.

We have chosen ATD and I understand you can't reserve a certain time online with Princess like you can with X. We usually do this as there are 7 in our family group and we've found it's more convenient for everyone concerned. Do you envisage us having a long wait each evening (usually eat at 6.45pm)? I've also read on CC that you can book after 8am each day - would this be a better route to take? Previously, we've just found that letting the staff know in advance has been the way to go.

I didn't realise until I read this thread that pax could swap between the two systems. Are there not different entrances and decks for TD and AT (we're on the Grand)?

TIA for any advice ;).

We have chosen ATD and I understand you can't reserve a certain time online with Princess like you can with X. We usually do this as there are 7 in our family group and we've found it's more convenient for everyone concerned. Do you envisage us having a long wait each evening (usually eat at 6.45pm)? I've also read on CC that you can book after 8am each day - would this be a better route to take? Previously, we've just found that letting the staff know in advance has been the way to go.

I didn't realise until I read this thread that pax could swap between the two systems. Are there not different entrances and decks for TD and AT (we're on the Grand)?

TIA for any advice ;).

The aft DR is all TD both early and late times.

Of the two mid-ship DR's, one is all AT all evening.

The other mid-ship will have an early TD in maybe 50% of the space and the early start is always a little different than the aft TD time - earlier than the aft time.

The remainder of the second mid-ship DR is also AT and then when the early TD diners are done, their tables become open for AT as the diners clear out table by table.

There are other venues to use if you miss your assigned time.

On our Panama Canal round trip, we told our tablemates that if our shore excursion ran late we would eat in Horizon Court. Told our waiter the same. We would be there no later than five minutes late so to move on without us. When we did the small boat through the rest of the canal, that's what we did.

Didn't have to worry about anything and neither did anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums