Drink Package Price went up!?

In my past 3 RCCL cruises, the drink package was $55 CAD. I've booked for March 10, 2018 on Adventure and it's listed now as $75. I know we're getting bent over the desk for a March Break Cruise, but with the drink package too?

WOW. Hope it goes on sale back to $55...... Anyone have previous experience with March Break cruising prices?

In my past 3 RCCL cruises, the drink package was $55 CAD. I've booked for March 10, 2018 on Adventure and it's listed now as $75. I know we're getting bent over the desk for a March Break Cruise, but with the drink package too?

WOW. Hope it goes on sale back to $55...... Anyone have previous experience with March Break cruising prices?

It goes up. It goes down. It's on a trampoline. You have to catch it at a price you are content with.

Funny thing.....

I just booked 12 nights on Explorer for Feb 2018.

Feb 2017, deluxe drinks = Au $67/day

Feb 2018, deluxe drinks = Au $87/day

It will be a mostly dry cruise I think.

Alas RCI, you are biting the hands that feed you.

Yes but NCL charges so much because most people get it "free" only paying gratuities.

When its a price your happy with book it.

In the US we book it and if it goes on sale get a refund and rebook it.

Best price for us was about 3 weeks before the cruise.

On several cruises I have cancelled drink packages when there has been a price drop and rebook at the lower price. Have saved several hundred dollars in doing so. It pays to monitor their prices and it is easy to do.

When there is a sale on drink and dining packages where does it show up on RC web site? I keep a close watch but not sure I am watching the right place. Thanks for the help.

You have to check your Cruise Planner on Royal's website.

I have paid 59$ per day for unlimited drinks and voom on one device. Is there a possibility of it going any lower? Seems pretty reasonable to me, I dont want to miss a big sale though.

We paid $49 for deluxe package + Voom for Anthem in late August this year. It has been that price for about a month now on the Cruise Planner. Deluxe package alone was down to $39 at one point, but it has been holding at $43 the past couple weeks.

I'm also sailing March 10, 2018 but on Independence. I have been watching the prices since the drink package became available on my cruise planner but haven't seen any deals yet. Is there any rhyme or reason as to when they might run a special?

Looking at $55 for deluxe on Allure in February 2018. I know there's many threads I could search, etc., but is the best idea to recommend booking now and cancelling/rebooking if there is a drop? We will be buying it regardless, but feel a little unsure here, as when we booked out first cruise, on Anthem last February, it was on sale for a lower price about a week after we booked it, so grabbed it and forgot it, if that makes sense. Unsure what the experienced cruisers would suggest, as some of these prices above seem quite high. Thank you!

I'll be on Adventure the week before you. The drink package is listed at $55 USD for my cruise. Could it be the exchange rate is making it $75 CAD? The current USD/CAD rate would put my $55 USD at about $72 CAD.

We cruised on Anthem Last March. I had purchased the "Ultimate" bev package back in July of 2016 and paid $493.95 CAD all in. ($70.56 per day). In mid January, The Deluxe Beverage and one device Voom package came on special for $533.75 CAD. All in ($76.24 per day) for a few days. But on February 23rd, it came back on special (Apparently a mistake) but a few more in our group that had missed out on the January sale were able to snag it just in time before they pulled it off the site.

dp

$75 is really high!! Especially for the southern route, which seems to get a better deal when there is a sale. I think it's because people who do the math figure that they'll be in port too often to get full use of it and won't pay the higher prices for the package.

I would suggest not buying it, wait for it to get closer to your cruise and keep an eye out for sales. If it stays high and you still want it you can buy it, but since it's not on sale, you're not taking any chances on waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

$75 is really high!! Especially for the southern route, which seems to get a better deal when there is a sale. I think it's because people who do the math figure that they'll be in port too often to get full use of it and won't pay the higher prices for the package.

I would suggest not buying it, wait for it to get closer to your cruise and keep an eye out for sales. If it stays high and you still want it you can buy it, but since it's not on sale, you're not taking any chances on waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would disagree with this. We are also Canadian and when I first booked our drink package it was $69. It has since gone up to $74.25 which is the cost today. Had I waited to purchase I would have paid $5.25 more per day. You are taking a chance if you wait. I would book today and watch to see if it does go down. It could go up and if its not booked their going to pay more. With the exchange rate being what it is and fluctuating so often we can never be sure.

Opp, book now and watch to see if it goes down. You can always have the price adjusted.