Eden

Drobot234

Disclaimer: You can like the new area and all the offerings it has. That's fine. This comment is on my impression of the area - specifically their after dark offering. The solution for me is simple though. Cancel my b2b, right?

The one thing that really rubs me the wrong way is the "adult entertainment" after dark. The "Fall of Man" theme represents the worst the real Eden could have been. Terms like "Sinful" and "Devilish" in their advertising just go against anything I'd like to see or anything I'd be willing to pay for as part of my cruise fare. Eden could have been a paradise with man and nature living in harmony and beauty. For some bizarre reason, they decided to go the hedonistic route though. I've sent an email to the Captain's Club asking about what sort of adult sinful and devilish activities they are planning. I'll let you know if they write back.

Hedonistic "adult entertainment" in a public area of a cruise ship with children? Seriously?

I'm really not expecting to see Dita Von Teese on board personally.

Hedonistic "adult entertainment" in a public area of a cruise ship with children? Seriously?

I'm really not expecting to see Dita Von Teese on board personally.

Agreed! I don't think that's what they have in mind. If anything, all those forest fairy kinda characters are more silly than offensive. Hopefully, they'll do what they're supposed to do, which is to contribute to the atmosphere of fun.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I love the concept of Eden!

The entertainment makes me think of Elryia, the late night production show on Constellation. I think that's the best show ever!

Could you explain that show...?

We enjoyed the voices, scenery, costumes, etc but had no clue what it was getting at and eventually left. No one to date has explained it .....so hoping you can help...

On the issue of dining...we booked AQ and it says we still get BLU. I assume Suites will also have luminae or whatever in planndd in their Retreat area, . and maybe Concierge may have their own...

We prefer the smaller venue concept so hope that continues along with MDR and specialties.,.the aft bar and open air grill space seem like they may be a nice alt to Eden at night,

Edited by hcat

If children are invited to Eden...doubt it will be like that on board..,thank goodness!
I'm sure there's someone out there who can't wait to see what "sinful" and "devilish" means when children are allowed. "Sinful" and "Devilish" are Celebrity's terms for the space, not mine.

FWIW, here's the Eden FAQ link: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Eden_FAQs_061517.pdf

I think you are over reacting and taking things far too literally.

Hopefully. I can easily overreact to words like "sinful" and "devilish" like some people overreact to words like "Trump 2020" ;-) (Just making a point here. Don't go overreacting)

Edited by jcolino

of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but i think you're overreacting. Frankly, i loved the snake/apple promo! And the mildly hedonistic approach am sure will be no more risqué than any performance of the cirque de soliel. Is that problematic for you as well?

Also, eve ate the apple! So i think a little culinary temptation, as well as a lively atmosphere, is justified. Also, to me the space looks like a well designed, architectural embodiment of harmony and beauty.

Sent from my ipad using forums

thank you!!!

"Sinful" and "Devilish" are Celebrity's terms for the space, not mine.

No, they're not. That's at best an erroneous interpretation. This is the full quote of the paragraph where those two terms are used on the Eden page of the Celebrity site:

Sinful

Experience Eve at Eden, a fusion of performance art and unique culinary experiences—developed in partnership with Variety Worldwide, the devilish geniuses who blend unconventional theater with dining and nightlife. Their creativity spans from Las Vegas to Dubai and London to New York.

It is perfectly clear that "Sinful" is used to describe the experience at Eve, the specialty restaurant, not the entire Eden space. Calling a culinary experience sinful cannot possibly be considered as shocking or deliberately offensive.

The use of "Devilish" is even more innocuous, it's not used to describe the space, the restaurant or even the experience, but to describe the team who came up with this dinner-theatre concept. Clearly they mean "devilish" as a synonym for mischievous or naughty.

Both terms are just a play on words. I'll admit it's kind of hokey but if you're offended by them, I'd suggest you also pass on the deviled eggs appetizer and the devil's food cake I'm sure they'll have on the menu of Eve, based on the theme they're going for. Might I suggest you order the angel's food cake instead?

Thought the same til I looked at the website for Variety Worldwide which I was not familiar with,,, link provided by someone on Cruise Critic. Then clicked on some ( not all) of their clubs....one of them was really out there to say the least.,, folks in the video clip were quite a bit more than naughty, ,others venues seemed more run of the mill

I seriously doubt X would allow that type of show or atmosphere on board & hope the folks in that video are not being courted as the new Celebrity cruiser! In our opinion the reveal theme for this venue overall could have been less Edgey,..but it's done for now

Waiting to hear more about other spaces on board like BLU, outside grill area..theater,..any equiv to cafe baccio other than in the Eden Mall area???

cruiserke;53442732']Might I suggest you order the angel's food cake instead?

Well said. I figure in a forum such as this, we're able to express our delights as well as our displeasures with different aspects of cruise lines. :halo:

As a Gen-X'er I find this concept very interesting. I found the Solstice ships a little boring and old, but a lot of the other cruise lines too young. I don't agree that some of the concepts of the ship appear to not focus on Celebrity's core clientele.

I am thinking that this space might be a reservation type space, where you can make a reservation either online or on your device while on the ship. Remember that this ship is supposed to be very connected.

I am thinking that this space might be a reservation type space, where you can make a reservation either online or on your device while on the ship. Remember that this ship is supposed to be very connected.

Check out post 84, questions 6 and 9. This is a public space open to all with the exception of the restaurant in the evening.

Wow these conversations here can take a quick turn from a simple response to Celebrity's video about Eden to religion, ethics and politics.. Some people know how to bait the hook and others gulp it right down.

• 2 months later...

Here are my thoughts, I have re-watched the video today getting excited for my March cruise on Edge. And let me tell you I am in my mid 20's and I dont think this will appeal to the young crowd or the older crowds either. I think it is a very cool and unique concept. It will either fall flat on its face or be extremely popular! Here are a few points below, a couple of which that were motioned before.

1. Have you seen Martini bar at night? It is insane and takes a while to get a drink. Nothing too unreasonable in my opinion, but I do not now how they are going to climb ladders in the chaos to clip fancy garnishes into a drink in a timely manner. Not to mention while bartenders and servers are flying in and out behind the bar.

2. As mentioned before there are so many areas (outside of Eden) that have so many stairs and levels. I do not know how they are gonna accommodate those who need the accessibility. I fear this could be a HUGE issue for moving about smoothly and timely.

3. The sinful wording is a strange take on this area. I am sure younger kids will be allowed with their parents. I cannot see this area getting too wild at anytime haha. I would be interested to see what kind of adult themed entertainment they have planned or ideas to make it more of a risque fun atmosphere if that makes sense.

Overall I think this will be a coll interesting area, but I believe they will be tweaking it and making changes rather quickly. I hope for some awesome live entertainment and music here in this area. I am really excited for the pool area on this ship, looks much better than the other Celeb ships! I wonder what the indoor pool will be like!

• 2 weeks later...