Escape Rooms?

I like the concept but who has 1 hour to waste trying to figure an escape.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is called "entertainment". If it is fun, it is not a waste of time. Some people might say "who has hours to waste laying by the pool" or "who has hours to waste going to see a show". Different strokes for different folks.

Actually the photos don't really do it justice. The are noises and lights going off everywhere. It is very impressive and well designed. Unfortunately my contribution was pretty poor...I can't concentrate in noisy environments:)

Don't know what Anthem is like as I think it shares the same space as some of the teen facilities and is more of a temporary structure.

Right. You DON'T know what Anthem is like.

On the Harmony, the Escape room is at the entrance to Adventure Ocean.

On the Anthem, the Escape room is next to the SeaPlex. It is not in the least bit temporary. It's there. It's fun.

Right. You DON'T know what Anthem is like.

On the Harmony, the Escape room is at the entrance to Adventure Ocean.

On the Anthem, the Escape room is next to the SeaPlex. It is not in the least bit temporary. It's there. It's fun.

As I said I "DON'T" know what it is like :eek:

However; I understand and have checked it isn't a dedicated space and can be removed easily although rarely is.

Not sure I said it wasn't real or fun :)

As I said I "DON'T" know what it is like :eek:

However; I understand and have checked it isn't a dedicated space and can be removed easily although rarely is.

Not sure I said it wasn't real or fun :)

It's as much a dedicated space on the Anthem as it is on the Harmony. Or any other space. Anything can be changed. The Seaview Cafe on the Radiance class ships is now various specialty restaurants.

Anything can be changed. That's a pretty meaningless statement.

It's as much a dedicated space on the Anthem as it is on the Harmony. Or any other space. Anything can be changed. The Seaview Cafe on the Radiance class ships is now various specialty restaurants.

Anything can be changed. That's a pretty meaningless statement.

Im only quoting pretty much what numerous Royal Caribbean press releases have said...Google it

Does it really matter they are both presumably fun?

Quite a lot it seemed :D

It was full before muster on our cruise.

Wow before muster[emoji33], I have to visit the windjammer twice, check my table, book next cruise, take pics- Snapchat tour the ship ( if it's new) I couldn't find time on day 1 for sure [emoji47]

Where on the Anthem do you sign up for the Escape Room. Taking cruise in Sept.

Here are the possibilities:

In your Cruise Planner, if and when it becomes available.

Download the Royal IQ now, and when you board - and sometimes still out in the terminal - it will be live. Use the app to book it.

Go to the room up on Deck 15 next to the SeaPlex and find the staff who log the reservations.

Sometimes you can book it at Guest Services.

Where on the Anthem do you sign up for the Escape Room. Taking cruise in Sept.

They never posted this option on our Anthem precruise planner. I went to the box office as directed (theater on deck 4/5) and I was 4th in line. This was just before 11am. The woman said it hadn't been 'assigned a time yet' and she would take room numbers for booking. I signed up, but never got a call.

Maybe try deck 15 first thing.

Edited by marci22

The current age limit is 14 yrs. Does anyone know if they would make an exception to allow my 13 year old son participate in the escape room? We have done several together and he is better at them than I am! He also helped me design the one I put on for my work colleagues that was a huge success. I have signed my hubby and me up and then hoping to switch them out if you think they will make an exception being only months away and has experience.

(Unless you think there is inappropriate content of the room being the reason for the age limit)

The current age limit is 14 yrs. Does anyone know if they would make an exception to allow my 13 year old son participate in the escape room? We have done several together and he is better at them than I am! He also helped me design the one I put on for my work colleagues that was a huge success. I have signed my hubby and me up and then hoping to switch them out if you think they will make an exception being only months away and has experience.

(Unless you think there is inappropriate content of the room being the reason for the age limit)

They sometimes make exceptions.

We did this on harmony last month. We were very close to getting out. Only 20% make it out. Our 14 year old went with us, but was really to hard for him. We have done 4 before and this was by far the hardest. A girl in her 20s was amazing, she is the only reason we were a few minutes away from solving it.

• 1 year later...

We just did Mariner of the Seas (Nov. 2018), and they have turned their chapel into an Escape Room. It was a blast, and worth every cent. We were amazed at the money RCL has put into this room. We are doing Harmony in a year, and can't wait for an Escape Room there. I am trying to find out if there is one on Allure which we are doing in the interim. Anyone know if there is one on Allure of the Seas?

Edited by McRyan

11 minutes ago, McRyan said:

We just did Mariner of the Seas (Nov. 2018), and they have turned their chapel into an Escape Room. It was a blast, and worth every cent. We were amazed at the money RCL has put into this room. We are doing Harmony in a year, and can't wait for an Escape Room there. I am trying to find out if there is one on Allure which we are doing in the interim. Anyone know if there is one on Allure of the Seas?

There was not one earlier this year.