Wear your badge with pride!

Hi Cruisers: We enjoy the perks for loyalty on Royal but they seem to be disappearing . I really never thought that much about the (STONES) on various pens as they are probably about the same quality as the ones in the DIAMOND STUD EARRINGS and pens they give away to the first ten thousand in the shopping talks. I wear my Diamond plus pen often on a sport coat if I wear it, but thats about it.Some like 20 pens on a cap, card on neck chain etc. and I feel if it works for them and they are happy, it works for me. I go to the Diamond lounge a few times depending on the volume of people and on Freedom class go to the conciege lounge. I don't feel as we are looked down on as not being in a large suite and in the lounge with the others, as one of the senior attendant put it you have 57 cruises with us and have earned it where many here sail every couple years or so with a large suite . I have leaned over my times with people in the various lounges that if you talk, and treat others the way you like to be treated, you usually will enjoy your visit there. Bob & Nancy, The Villages , Florida

Line? :o

Plastic pin??!! :rolleyes:

Sorry. It does indeed appear to be metal. No gemstone though. And I have never been to the loyalty ambassador so I have no idea if there would be a line or no. Other places I have been to have had to wait. Thanks for calling me out! :D

A little off topic, but I've always wondered.....if you move up a notch while on a cruise, do you get the benefits of the higher status for that cruise?

Unfortunately ....no. Points are awarded 6-10 days AFTER your cruise is completed.

To me that just always meant something even more to look forward to on the next cruise I had booked. :D

Though the one exception is Pinnacle...awarded with ceremony on the cruise you are on when you attain

those points.

Unfortunately ....no. Points are awarded 6-10 days AFTER your cruise is completed.

To me that just always meant something even more to look forward to on the next cruise I had booked. :D

Though the one exception is Pinnacle...awarded with ceremony on the cruise you are on when you attain

those points.

Thanks to you and BecciBoo for the response!

Don't feel bad. We have been Platinum for 3 cruises. On the last night of our last cruise we got our little pin congratulating us for making Platinum. This is one night away from Emerald. And, both DH and I are Platinum but we got one pin. :rolleyes:

Good to know. I am Diamond and have not received any pins!

Woot! :D We are 3 days short of leveling up to Platinum. Of course our next one is a 12 night one....so we go as Emerald :) Leave as Platinum.

Know how you feel. In November we'll be on a B2B for a total of 14 nights and we'll become Diamond. We're so excited. My DH even bought me a C&A Diamond Pendant and a beautiful gold chain as a gift. We know there are many Diamond members out there, but we are still so excited.

We always wear our pins. We are now diamond plus. We wear our when going to Loyalty events and just don't bother taking them off and on. We never mention them -- ever. On our last cruise, one of our table-mates wore those tacky key chains with V I P on them safety pinned to their shirt. This was on the last night. We did not comment and no mention was made by others. We loved this cruise and have made friends with a couple we met at our table, so much so, that we are sailing again together.

Was this a subtle dig at us? We choose to ignore it.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cheated. Looked at our Celebrity cruises. We did a fast track to Celebrity Elite and our first Royal cruise was therefore Diamond. We made it to Elite + but unless we hit FL lottery will never make Diamond +.

Love to cruise.

We're from the flip side. I think the people over on the Celebrity boards were a little less accepting of status matching than here on the Royal side but they've come a long way. :D

Totally agree. In fact we never even made it to Emerald, which I love to tell fellow pax. One lady on the elevator bragged loudly that she just made Diamond, I congratulated her and told her that we never made Emerald, she beemed and said, "Oh, you might make it some day".

Previously, on a Panama canal cruise in a JS, we skipped right over Emerald which was introduced during the time we were on that cruise. Went from Platinum to Diamond...do not pass go...do not collect 200.00. ;) And never got our Emerald pins!!

This is exactly what happened to us...bypassed Emerald. That is with one exception. We asked the LA to change our cards to say Emerald. He said no. So, we did the next logical step, we went to the Guest Services Manager. He did it without blinking an eye. Why did we do it? Just so we could say we were Emerald. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Know how you feel. In November we'll be on a B2B for a total of 14 nights and we'll become Diamond. We're so excited. My DH even bought me a C&A Diamond Pendant and a beautiful gold chain as a gift. We know there are many Diamond members out there, but we are still so excited.

Yes, you are not alone! Most each and every one of us that turned Diamond was a time of excitement! Congrats! :D

This is exactly what happened to us...bypassed Emerald. That is with one exception. We asked the LA to change our cards to say Emerald. He said no. So, we did the next logical step, we went to the Guest Services Manager. He did it without blinking an eye. Why did we do it? Just so we could say we were Emerald. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Aww,.. you could have said you were Emerald anyway...without the change out! ;) Congrats to you also. :)

The LA was just following procedure, since actual points are not posted until 6-10 days after your cruise.

Congratulations and enjoy your Diamond status. You have earned it. Bob & Nancy The Villages , Florida

• 1 month later...

those points.

I have seen exceptions made on consecutive cruises where a new status was earned on the first cruise and they manually bumped them up for their second cruise. If you are a consecutive cruiser who earns the status on your first cruise, you can talk to the LA and see if they will bump you up on the second one.

We are in this situation regarding our milestone paperweight. We will hit the 280 point milestone on our upcoming B2B cruise on the second cruise and the C&A desk told us to inform the LA on the ship to make sure we get it.

Edited by WeighAnchor

I have seen exceptions made on consecutive cruises where a new status was earned on the first cruise and they manually bumped them up for their second cruise. If you are a consecutive cruiser who earns the status on your first cruise, you can talk to the LA and see if they will bump you up on the second one.

We are in this situation regarding our milestone paperweight. We will hit the 280 point milestone on our upcoming B2B cruise on the second cruise and the C&A desk told us to inform the LA on the ship to make sure we get it.

Crystal blocks are awarded on the ship that you turn that milestone. C&A Points are awarded from your cruise 8-10 days AFTER your cruise is completed. They are totally different things. " Exceptions" are just that...someone has pressured the LA into giving them the award points before they are scheduled.

Crystal blocks are awarded on the ship that you turn that milestone. C&A Points are awarded from your cruise 8-10 days AFTER your cruise is completed. They are totally different things. " Exceptions" are just that...someone has pressured the LA into giving them the award points before they are scheduled.

I don't think 'pressure' comes into it. I've been on many longer BTB and repositioning cruises where people gain the points to go to the next level on the first sections of a BTB and they have been put up to the next level at the start of the new cruise, myself included and I asked no one to do this. The new seapass card had our new level on it.

I don't think 'pressure' comes into it. I've been on many longer BTB and repositioning cruises where people gain the points to go to the next level on the first sections of a BTB and they have been put up to the next level at the start of the new cruise, myself included and I asked no one to do this. The new seapass card had our new level on it.

Congrats! You were lucky and the LA was indeed looking out for you. You cruised with a good one. :)

The "pressure" statement was directed to those that actually do pressure the LA into giving them the points before the end of the cruise, (mostly those that are not on a B2B). And there are many that do or try. Me....I prefer to wait until the points show up and then look forward to the next cruise. Though my next level, I actually won't have to wait or ask. ;)

If you do a B2B or if you change ship, they will bump you to the next level if you ask them and you can prove that you just got of another ship (keep your seapass card). They bumped my wife 2016 when we got of Majesty in Miami and later that day got onboard Celebrity Equinox and applyed for mebership in The Captains club. My wife needed 2 points to the next level on C&A before the Majesty cruise, it gave her 3 points and the new tier on the Captains club the same day we dissembarked Majesty.

This later messed up her C&A membership and now she is tied to mine.

Therein lies the problem. I will hit that milestone on my second cruise on the B2B and the points from my first cruise will probably not be added in time for for them to know that I should get it on the B2B, so I have to alert the people responsible (per the rep at the Crown and Anchor hotline).

As for getting the next level on a B2B... we were on a cruise a few years ago, they announced someone receiving Diamond Plus status during the upper tier party who was on a B2B and the LA hosting the party said they were going to manually bump her on her next cruise before the points were added. The LA didn't give her the points, that would still come 8-10 days later, they just gave her the status on the next cruise. This is how I knew.

Edited by WeighAnchor