Wear your badge with pride!

I got my first badge - whoop!!! This made me look at all this loyalty stuff. There's not much of a jump in "prizes" from Platinum to Emerald though is there?? - a couple of biscuits and a bottle of water?

I got my first badge - whoop!!! This made me look at all this loyalty stuff. There's not much of a jump in "prizes" from Platinum to Emerald though is there?? - a couple of biscuits and a bottle of water?

Plus an extra $25 balcony discount.

Didn't even have Emerald when we started. Kind of a silly level.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Totally agree. In fact we never even made it to Emerald, which I love to tell fellow pax. One lady on the elevator bragged loudly that she just made Diamond, I congratulated her and told her that we never made Emerald, she beemed and said, "Oh, you might make it some day".

Previously, on a Panama canal cruise in a JS, we skipped right over Emerald which was introduced during the time we were on that cruise. Went from Platinum to Diamond...do not pass go...do not collect 200.00. ;) And never got our Emerald pins!!

We have never been anything but Diamond.

I can't wait to see some of the comments you receive based on your post.

Will be fun to watch them figure out how it is possible to start at Diamond.

Mac

Nice where did you get your badge? I'm emerald and haven't had one .

I can't wait to see some of the comments you receive based on your post.

Will be fun to watch them figure out how it is possible to start at Diamond.

Mac

What´s there to figure out. :rolleyes: With a status match you can easily start at Diamond.

You should have waited to post that:cool:

Cheated. Looked at our Celebrity cruises. We did a fast track to Celebrity Elite and our first Royal cruise was therefore Diamond. We made it to Elite + but unless we hit FL lottery will never make Diamond +.

Love to cruise.

Didn't even have Emerald when we started. Kind of a silly level.

Some years back, I heard a rumor (which, like all rumors, may not be true) that the Emerald level as presently constituted was a mistake. The story was that they had intended to create a new level somewhere between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle, possibly at 340 points. However, when the press release about the new level was released, it was accidentally announced as between Platinum and Diamond and RCCL decided to honor that press release. It may not be true but it is noteworthy that there are several perks that require 340 points although there is (at present) no level that requires 340 points.

I'm confused. Emerald is after Platinum

I just completed a cruise that bumped me up from Platinum to Emerald. Even received a congratulation email from RC on becoming Emerald. This would leave me to believe Emerald is after Platinum. :)

Some years back, I heard a rumor (which, like all rumors, may not be true) that the Emerald level as presently constituted was a mistake. The story was that they had intended to create a new level somewhere between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle, possibly at 340 points. However, when the press release about the new level was released, it was accidentally announced as between Platinum and Diamond and RCCL decided to honor that press release. It may not be true but it is noteworthy that there are several perks that require 340 points although there is (at present) no level that requires 340 points.

If that were true I would think that even though they may have decided to honour the incorrect press release they would have gone ahead with their supposed plans for a level between D+ and Pinnacle.

Gotta love rumours.

If that were true I would think that even though they may have decided to honour the incorrect press release they would have gone ahead with their supposed plans for a level between D+ and Pinnacle.

Gotta love rumours.

I don't think it is true. If I remember it correctly, before Emerald was officially put in place (and the rumors had started on these boards) RCI was denying that any changes were being made. Then someone here posted a picture of a sign (that apparently was put up prematurely) in the Miami terminal than had the various levels on it including Emerald. So RCI could have fixed things well before the went public with the announcement of the new level.