Wear your badge with pride!

Don't feel bad. We have been Platinum for 3 cruises. On the last night of our last cruise we got our little pin congratulating us for making Platinum. This is one night away from Emerald. And, both DH and I are Platinum but we got one pin. :rolleyes:

Very simple to get your pins. Just go to the Loyalty Ambassador on board, show your sea pass card with your C&A level printed on it, and ask for a couple of Emerald pins. They always keep large plastic bags of them on hand. Looks just like a Diamond pin, but instead has a very tiny piece of green glass in it, instead of the clear glass inside Diamond pins.

Very simple to get your pins. Just go to the Loyalty Ambassador on board, show your sea pass card with your C&A level printed on it, and ask for a couple of Emerald pins. They always keep large plastic bags of them on hand. Looks just like a Diamond pin, but instead has a very tiny piece of green glass in it, instead of the clear glass inside Diamond pins.

That is what I always suspected it was.:D

Emerald level was invented only to prolong the trip to Diamond.

I guess I forgot that. Thanks for the reminder.

We were platinum at the time the Emerald level was introduced. . . . Ocean Boy that was our view of the new level.

No real advantage. [small additional balcony discount] and it took us 2 additional cruises to get to diamond. We seldom sailed in suites.

In addition, we ended up with one less cruise point than we had nights at sea. [we had taken longer cruises] We tried without success to get them to give the extra night to us. Arrg!

oh sorry - the badges were just there sitting on our bed one night.

I actually bought a ships pin on Wednesday! It was our Island's National Day, and there was a boat called MV Balmoral (not the fred olsen one) and it did a lap around our Island. Great fun. Lots of open pipework and wood,creaky bits and doors banging... and rocking from side to side whilst inhaling the smell of oil!! just like the old days! heaven!

She is run by a charity, so I bought all sorts of tat.

Like I want to stand in line for a little plastic pin? No thanks. And are you sure that is really glass in the plastic pin or is it plastic???

I'm not too consumed by status. Once had access to the concierge lounge and was so fed up with people's attitudes that I never went back after the first day. :o

Thanks! More available seats for us!! :cool:

DragonoftheSeas

Quote:In addition, we ended up with one less cruise point than we had nights at sea. [we had taken longer cruises] We tried without success to get them to give the extra night to us. Arrg!

Very annoying, when we will be 1 point short of Pinnacle on our next cruise.

Had to make it a B2B to get the point.:)

Does the Pinnacle badge have real Diamonds? LOL

Does the Pinnacle badge have real Diamonds? LOL

Sure! Royal wouldn't give fake diamonds to their most important guests.;p

Edited by clarea

I can't wait to see some of the comments you receive based on your post.

Will be fun to watch them figure out how it is possible to start at Diamond.

Mac

:pand we started at Captain's Club Elite on Celebrity too.....

A little off topic, but I've always wondered.....if you move up a notch while on a cruise, do you get the benefits of the higher status for that cruise?

Unfortunately, no! Wish we could get our Diamond Plus perks on our upcoming Vision, we will be 2 points over on that cruise.

I can't imagine reaching Pinnacle, even with only suites...at one to two cruises a year, I will be dead and stinkin......or 104!

Edited by BecciBoo