Hotels in Southampton

Grand Harbour Hotel is the best without a shadow of a doubt.

Used it time and time again.

Opposite the cruisevport ask for a high floor and harbour view at check in.

We and friends have never been disappointed.

A two minute taxi ride to the port the morning of your cruise.

Five minutes walk to the city centre and shopping malls.

Lots of excellent restaurants around if you don't want to eat in the hotel.

The breakfast is superb.

No need to look any further.

Holiday Inn - no need for a taxi u can walk as it's right at the port gate. Grand Harbour is nice too and opposite the Holiday Inn but across a very busy road so u might need a taxi. Premier Inn West Quay also really close just behind Grand Harbour and right outside shopping Mall.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Premier Inn Southampton West Quay is my preferred hotel in Southampton. Catching the Premier Inn sales can give fantastic rates. While the walk past Carnival Headquarters over past the Holiday Inn does take about 5 minutes more, the hotel is in proximity of the Marks and Spenser for wine purchase and many dining options around the West Quay Shopping Centre.

Edited by MADflyer

We stayed at the Holiday Inn and enjoyed being able to walk to the port on embarkation day. We also watched Harmony sailaway on her maiden voyage the day before.

Here's the hotel from the deck of the Navigator of the Seas:

27373293615_717db380a7.jpgDSC08086 by Sue, on Flickr

We also walked to the nearby shopping area to have fun buying my husband everything he needed for the cruise, courtesy of British Airways, who misplaced his bag!

Ibis Budget, good for just one night, Ibis and Novotel. the three are close together and close to the Port. Something a Little different is Pig in the Wall, for a deal you get dinner in the New Forest taken there by a MK 11 Land Rover.

We stayed in the Grand Harbour in June pre-cruise. Our room had a small balcony and we saw Independence leave that afternoon and awoke to the Eclipse the next morning. Its a pretty easy walk to the Royal's\Celebrity's terminal, yes there is one road to cross but its has a central reservation so you can do it in two goes. Would seem a waste to pay for a Taxi from here given the proximity.

As has been said, the Premier Inn is a popular choice especially if you get a sale price but for our dates it was more expensive than the Grand Harbour. There is a new Travelodge in the town centre that has just opened up that also has some good rates at times.

I stayed in the Holiday Inn, checked out at 10:45, walked to the dock and was drinking by the pool of the Ovation at 11:15. The Grand Harbour is literally 5 minutes longer, across a dual carriageway and through the Holiday Inn car park. Both are good and I'm booked in both over the next few months. Personally I'd avoid the Jurys Inn.

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn and The Grand Harbour.

If you can snag a good rate the Grand Harbour would be our families preferred hotel.

We have walked to the terminal takes about 8 to 10 minutes and you do cross the road but it really is never a major problem as you just use the zebra crossing.

We have also taken a taxi and it was £6.00.

The Holiday Inn would usually be a cheaper option but is absolutely fine and is about a five minute walk to the terminal.

Forgot to add that Holiday Inn, Grand Harbour, Premier Inn and the new Travelodge are all walking distance close to West Quay shopping centre which has a wealth of restaurant choice that stay open till 10 or 11pm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We stayed at the Novotel, and it was good. We had a car rental, which we picked up and returned to Europcar which was way understaffed. We had taken the train from London to Southampton Central, walked to the Novotel a few hundred feet, spent the night there then drove the rental car all the way to the end of Cornwall and stayed at several hotels/inns along the way for 5 nights before returning to the Novotel the night before the cruise. Breakfast was good. It was a short walk to the rental car place, and about a 15 minute walk from there to the cruise terminal. If you look at a map, you can see the road that runs parallel to the harbor has several hotels along it. Access to the terminal is near the Holiday Inn, and Harbour Inn.

I have never been off a ship as quickly as we were in Southampton last year. On the other hand I was stuck for an hour and a half at the Europcar counter leaving and 30 minutes when we picked up the car.

JC