Anyone else drooling about this 2019 World Cruise??? I so wish I could go...

Hflors

But think of it this way: So much of this world cruise itinerary can be enjoyed easily by a quick flight to Europe. Not so with the 2018 and the previous itineraries, which concentrate on areas of the globe which are not easily accessible. For that reason, I have no interest in the 2019 WC, but I would have loved to be on the 2018 and have the opportunity to see Capetown.

but think of it this way: So much of this world cruise itinerary can be enjoyed easily by a quick flight to europe. Not so with the 2018 and the previous itineraries, which concentrate on areas of the globe which are not easily accessible. For that reason, i have no interest in the 2019 wc, but i would have loved to be on the 2018 and have the opportunity to see capetown.

ditto!

No plans to ever do a world cruise, but every year on the world cruise board I ask who is blogging. There are usually some great blogs- seems mostly on HAL. Very enjoyable to follow along.

Nice, but I'll gladly stay with the Prinsendam Grand South America. Antarctica beats even Cape Town.

Roy

Me too. And I won't have to board the doggies for quite as long. I do admit though, I Iooked long and hard at this WC.

Susan

Well, it's like they say about the reruns on TV: if you haven't seen it, then it's new to you.

I love this itinerary and hope to follow along on a blog or two, as our travel budget is a teensy tiny fraction of the cost of this. This itinerary spoke to me. It has a few places I have visited and so many that I have not. It is fun for me to imagine going on this one.

Happy dreaming to all, whatever itinerary makes your heart sing! And happy cruising to all who sail on this or other significant voyages.

Wow, that is a good one - lots of places well off the beaten track. Must have been fun for "someone" to put that itinerary together.

I wonder who does this - talking to the captains, HAL headquarters, passenger requests, other industry offerings?

Thanks for sharing this.

If money were no object.... This one would be perfect for me. We have lived in Africa and Asia, so I have no desire to return, and the Suez Canal is on my bucket list!

I wonder if it is shorter than the usual WC, and if there are overnights in some of the ports.

If money were no object.... This one would be perfect for me. We have lived in Africa and Asia, so I have no desire to return, and the Suez Canal is on my bucket list!

I wonder if it is shorter than the usual WC, and if there are overnights in some of the ports.

Check HAL's website - 113 days, and yes, the Grand Voyages always have overnights on some of the ports. The 2018 Grand Asia, for instance, has overnights in Yokohama, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Sydney.

Very nice itinerary IMO.

No desire to go to certain areas so this suits us well even if a number of ports are repeats.

But, aside from time and money, we have dogs and just couldn't justify leaving them that long. Ever.

Maybe some day,when we have more $ and no dogs? LOL. - like that will ever happen :loudcry:

Very nice itinerary IMO.

No desire to go to certain areas so this suits us well even if a number of ports are repeats.

But, aside from time and money, we have dogs and just couldn't justify leaving them that long. Ever.

Maybe some day,when we have more $ and no dogs? LOL. - like that will ever happen :loudcry:

Well money and time are considerations. I have dogs too but fortunately have a great place to leave them and they love it there... they rush through the door yelling "Party Time!!!!". But that adds a huge expense to the cost of the trip.

Susan

Well money and time are considerations. I have dogs too but fortunately have a great place to leave them and they love it there... they rush through the door yelling "Party Time!!!!". But that adds a huge expense to the cost of the trip.

Susan

Oh I absolutely have a great place for my dogs too and they love it there.

but leaving them for 30+ days is all I can handle.

Little Fox is getting older and 119 days is a very long time.

We'll be happy with our shorter long cruises for the time being.

I just can't fathom leaving them 1/3 of the year.

But think of it this way: So much of this world cruise itinerary can be enjoyed easily by a quick flight to Europe. Not so with the 2018 and the previous itineraries, which concentrate on areas of the globe which are not easily accessible. For that reason, I have no interest in the 2019 WC, but I would have loved to be on the 2018 and have the opportunity to see Capetown.

I am with Tampa Girl on this one. The first port on the 2019 cruise that I would look forward to is Easter Island, three weeks into the cruise. The last month of this cruise is a bog standard Mediterranean/Northern Europe/Transatlantic. Give me the 2018 world cruise with the Seychelles, Madagascar, Mozambique, South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Gambia, Senegal, and Cape Verde, all places I am unlikely to visit except on a world cruise.

Wow, that is a good one - lots of places well off the beaten track. Must have been fun for "someone" to put that itinerary together.

I wonder who does this - talking to the captains, HAL headquarters, passenger requests, other industry offerings?

Thanks for sharing this.

Yes, passengers on at least WC's have input. Remember on past WC's, we were given several itineraries to vote on and make comments on different ports listed or we could add ones we wanted. The preliminary itinerary for 2 years later is usually distributed toward the end of a WC, (i.e. 2019 preliminary itinerary was distributed toward the end of the 2017 WC) and it was interesting as usually a composite of the various ones we voted on.

Very nice itinerary IMO.

We are in the same situation. Although we have booked the 82-day 2018 Grand Asia, it is totally dependent on whether our 16 yr. old cat has or is about to cross the Rainbow Bridge by the time of final payment. Just in case that might happen, we took advantage of the early booking benefits. Would sure love to take that cruise, particularly since the Grand Asia does not happen every year. But Her Grace is our baby, so . . .

No. As much as I love taking cruises, being away from home for that long is more than I want. My husband's uncle and aunt did a world cruise in segments over several years--flying to the port near where they finished the previous cruise. Even then, some of their segments were six weeks long--too long for me.

I would so love to be on this world cruise, but sadly unless I hit the lottery it will only be a dream. Anyone else also sharing my "dream"???

Me too! I would love to do a world cruise one day, but I would have to win the lottery too.! We can dream!:D

David

We found this itinerary very appealing, so much so that we booked ... it goes to some places we've been and are delighted to be going again, some we haven't been and are delighted to be going, and a few we wouldn't be going to at all except as part of a world cruise.

We also liked the timing of this one. Leaving later in January instead of right after the holidays is a big plus for us!

We found this itinerary very appealing, so much so that we booked ... it goes to some places we've been and are delighted to be going again, some we haven't been and are delighted to be going, and a few we wouldn't be going to at all except as part of a world cruise.

And that is the best reason for choosing a world cruise. Congratulations!

I would love to see a list of the past ten or so WC itineraries. Do any of you super sleuths know of a way to find this out? Is there any trend to be found? I thought I heard at one point that every other year it hits South Africa, is that true?