Toiletries

Love Boat Dream

Does Celebrity supply nice toiletries? I am packing for Sunday and need to decide if I am bringing my own shampoo and conditioner. I am in a Balcony.

thanks!

I prefer to bring my own. I used their products on the first three Celebrity cruises, but didn't love what they provided a few months ago on Reflection. We usually fly a day early so I find the nearest CVS and purchase what I need rather than pack the liquids. I have been in both standard & concierge balconies; perhaps the selection is different in the other categories.

Celebrity supplies a name brand, quality product. I believe it is Ghilcrist and Soames if memory serves. The product in the suites is an even nicer quality, but the standard cabin product is fine. If you are particular, or have hair that needs special care you may want to bring your own but IMHO not necessary. I believe they supply bath gel for suites, but not for lower categories. The soap is fine - not too drying and not too 'greasy'. You also can find decent product in most ports if you find you do not like Celebrity's, although you may be paying a premium and the selection will of course vary depending where you are sailing.

Celebrity supplies a name brand, quality product. I believe it is Ghilcrist and Soames if memory serves. The product in the suites is an even nicer quality, but the standard cabin product is fine. If you are particular, or have hair that needs special care you may want to bring your own but IMHO not necessary. I believe they supply bath gel for suites, but not for lower categories. The soap is fine - not too drying and not too 'greasy'. You also can find decent product in most ports if you find you do not like Celebrity's, although you may be paying a premium and the selection will of course vary depending where you are sailing.

I'm pretty sure we received bath gel in aqua. (Because I brought it home with me :o )

We always have received bath gel in Concierge and above. As stated below, if you are very particular bring your own shampoo and conditioner. I've always used the ones provided as well as the body lotion and been okay with them. They are Ghilcrist and Soames in Concierge and Aqua, but sometimes they substitute those out for the Celebrity brand and I've been okay with them.

I have a small go bag with travel size toiletries that I prefer. If the ones in my room are too my liking I will use those first. If not, I use my own. I restock my go bag when I arrive home and the bag resides in my carry on. This works for a hotel overnight or a week long cruise. I also add a small tube of toothpaste with a new toothbrush that my dentist hands out at every visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Celebrity Brand in our regular balcony cabins has been Gilchrist and Soames as well.

My wife and don't get excited about this brand it's pretty cheap run of the mill stuff. It froths well but that isn't necessarily a good thing.

We tend to bring our own products from home but we sail from a U.K. Port so can fill our car with all the luggage we need. If we are flying we tend to just go with what we are given and hope that it's good stuff

I transfer my shampoo at home into a smaller travel size bottle. Never use conditioner, so not an issue for me. I prefer bars of soap, and throw one of those in my suitcase. My hair is short, but definitely picky when it comes to shampoo.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have been sailing on Celebrity for more than 20 years. There have been many different products. Some shampoo/conditioner products were excellent. Loved Denney. Some have been poor. Each person has their own opinion. What works for me may not work for you. Bring your own shampoo/conditioner. Never assume that a ship/hotel will continue to provide the same products. Even if you loved the stuff that you got on a previous trip, you cannot be sure that you will get the same stuff. I made that mistake on Viking. 2 years ago I got L'Occitane products. Loved them. Next Viking cruise, I assumed that I would get the same stuff. Left my own products home. Big Mistake!!! Viking switched to their own brand, Freya. It was junk. My hair looked awful, felt like straw, and faded. I now buy L'Occitane products at home that I bring with me. Hairdryers vary too. My Babyliss dryer is fabulous. If I have space in my case, I bring it.

I have been sailing on Celebrity for more than 20 years. There have been many different products. Some shampoo/conditioner products were excellent. Loved Denney. Some have been poor. Each person has their own opinion. What works for me may not work for you. Bring your own shampoo/conditioner. Never assume that a ship/hotel will continue to provide the same products. Even if you loved the stuff that you got on a previous trip, you cannot be sure that you will get the same stuff. I made that mistake on Viking. 2 years ago I got L'Occitane products. Loved them. Next Viking cruise, I assumed that I would get the same stuff. Left my own products home. Big Mistake!!! Viking switched to their own brand, Freya. It was junk. My hair looked awful, felt like straw, and faded. I now buy L'Occitane products at home that I bring with me. Hairdryers vary too. My Babyliss dryer is fabulous. If I have space in my case, I bring it.

Even proprietary brands seem to change sometimes - I used to love the British Ren brand - 2 years ago they were brought out by Unilever - not sure but now their stuff doesn't seem as good as it used to be. It is probably mind over matter, when it used to be an independent brand I had visions of it being made by artisans in the wild jungles of Faraway Land (it certainly was priced that way :-) ) . Now that Unilever have taken over I suspect its made by Ken, Wayne and Tony at the chemical works at Warrington Bank Quay http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-warrington-bank-quay-station-with-the-unilever-factory-behind-48977214.html - the importance of brand image!

Bring your own hairdryer. The ones on the ship you need to hold down the button the whole time you are drying your hair. I bought a small, travel hairdryer that does not take up much room.

A friend told me she brings a large width rubber band to place on the hairdryer's button to keep it on. I don't know why I never thought of that !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to use duct tape as one piece could last a number of days. Problem was that I like to turn the thing on and off while drying so I have found it easier to carry my travel dryer. Doesn't take up much room at all.

Thanks all! Luckily I am driving to the pier so I don't have to worry about carrying liquids. Gilchrist and Soames is fine so maybe I'll leave mine at home![/quotegilchrist and Soames make several different shampoos. Some good, some not good. Never assume that any place will always have the same products. Better to bring your own.